Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 10:37 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
No, you've just been dating non-indian women. Which I don't understand why you're doing that in the first place???? Just date Indian women! You don't need to go for an arranged marriage yet.
Yes and most likely his parents already have arranged a marriage with a woman they believe is acceptable. Why not just get to know the future bride and quite messing around with other cultures?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 10:57 AM

403 posts, read 867,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
Why do you let your parents control you? Are you still a child?
Indian culture is very common to still have arr angled marriage & for those that don't many parents still strongly believe of staying within their own culture & ethnicity. Indian culture has many traditions, many are very cool & entertaining to watch. It also isn't uncommon to live w the husband's family after marriage.

I am Caucasian but have an Indian friend who had an arranged marriage, he is very happy 10yrs later.

I think comments like your are ignorant & disrespectful of other cultures & beliefs. Before making such a comment you should do some reading.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:08 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
This is complicated. All you can do is look forward. The choices you made in the past were based on what was going on at that time. If those decisions look bad now, put yourself back in the mind set you had at the time. It seemed like the best thing to do. Just move forward in your life. Forgive yourself.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:54 PM

25 posts, read 40,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes and most likely his parents already have arranged a marriage with a woman they believe is acceptable. Why not just get to know the future bride and quite messing around with other cultures?
I am not messing around with other cultures. On both occasions I was the one approached, and I fell in love pretty quickly. One the first occasion I decided to fight for it, on the second one I decided not to and suppressed my feelings for the sake of the girl. What is my fault here?

And no, my parents don't have anyone in mind for me right now.

Old 12-31-2011, 02:05 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid11 View Post
This is so because I never tried to date anyone myself. In both cases, I was first approached from the other side, and I fell in love pretty quickly.

I think I am very sensitive and fall for someone really fast, that is why I don't want to date again and get hurt. There is no escape in an arranged marriage. It is a done deal from the very beginning, and I think it is suitable for someone like me. I can live without love, but I don't want to take the risk of falling in love again and not getting it in the end.
I understand. I wish you the best.

Old 12-31-2011, 02:18 PM

22 posts, read 24,556 times
Default Do what's best for you, no exceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid11 View Post
I think I can do it after some time, as long as I don't see this girl casually dating a new guy every month anymore. I am trying my best not to come across her ever again.
What she does is her business. She has fifty guys to take out and sleep with in a week? Not your business. If you try to make it yours, whether she knows or not, you will be upset - no matter how nice she looks.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:07 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Get an Indian girl, most people outside of India wouldn't want to deal with people that hate them only because of their race.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:55 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2byte View Post
Indian culture is very common to still have arr angled marriage & for those that don't many parents still strongly believe of staying within their own culture & ethnicity. Indian culture has many traditions, many are very cool & entertaining to watch.
That's nothing but racism disguised as tradition. I don't see why some people find it so entertaining

Old 01-02-2012, 05:55 PM

474 posts, read 495,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
That's nothing but racism disguised as tradition. I don't see why some people find it so entertaining
Almost all the cultures in the world prefer to stick to their own for the most part, what's so racist about it? It's pretty inflexible I agree at times but I wouldn't call that racist, to each his own I suppose though.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:01 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
Almost all the cultures in the world prefer to stick to their own for the most part, what's so racist about it? It's pretty inflexible I agree at times but I wouldn't call that racist, to each his own I suppose though.
But, see, he wasn't actually sticking to his own race. That's the problem. If you're going to stick to your own race then do it, but don't date outside your race and then dump them because they're not indian or cry because you didn't get to sleep with them and then dump them afterwards because they still weren't indian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships