Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 05:06 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,733,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Women are trained to be partial to their opposite hair color.

I call this the 'Barbie and Ken' syndrome since Barbie and Ken are the ideal couple and their hair is opposite.
That's...actually an interesting thought. I'm a guy with blonde hair and blue eyes, and I tend to be attracted to women with brown hair and brown eyes. Not that I ignore women who have blonde or red hair, I just seem to prefer dark hair, which is the opposite of mine.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
That's...actually an interesting thought.
It doesn't always work this way. I'm a brunette and I still prefer brunettes, even though I do find some brondes attractive (now, a readhead would be a real stretch). I don't have a very strong preference in the hair-color department; however, I strongly prefer seeing hair in existence, even if it's fake! It's just that the brunettes usually also have the facial features I like. My fave hair color is salt 'n' pepa, though!

Old 01-07-2012, 05:24 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,733,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It doesn't always work this way. I'm a brunette and I still prefer brunettes, even though I do find some brondes attractive (now, a readhead would be a real stretch). I don't have a very strong preference in the hair-color department; however, I strongly prefer seeing hair in existence, even if it's fake! It's just that the brunettes usually also have the facial features I like. My fave hair color is salt 'n' pepa, though!
Sure, I wouldn't expect it to be true 100% of the time. I just find it interesting because I never really considered the fact that I prefer the hair colors that are most different from my own.

On another note, reading through this thread I find that what some people consider blonde looks fairly dark to me, possibly because my hair is very blonde. For example, Leonardo DiCaprio doesn't even really look blonde to me in the films and pictures I've seen, even though I suppose he really is considered blonde. My hair is considerably lighter than his, although sometimes I wish it wasn't. I do get the impression that most women prefer darker hair.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:25 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
I have dark hair and prefer dark hair. Dark hair with light eyes.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:29 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
How about hirsute and swarthy...?

Old 01-07-2012, 05:30 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Sure, I wouldn't expect it to be true 100% of the time. I just find it interesting because I never really considered the fact that I prefer the hair colors that are most different from my own.

On another note, reading through this thread I find that what some people consider blonde looks fairly dark to me, possibly because my hair is very blonde. For example, Leonardo DiCaprio doesn't even really look blonde to me in the films and pictures I've seen, even though I suppose he really is considered blonde. My hair is considerably lighter than his, although sometimes I wish it wasn't. I do get the impression that most women prefer darker hair.
I am brunette and LOVE blonds (all shades) probably because of the opposites attract phenomenon.

Old 01-07-2012, 06:01 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,296,843 times
Where is the ginger love?

Too many hate on beautiful redheads and even more so on strawberry blondes.

Old 01-07-2012, 06:08 PM

2,757 posts, read 3,999,699 times
I like dark guys, hair and all.
Was never a fan of blonds.

Old 01-07-2012, 06:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
I don't care what color your hair is. Usually if I pick the guy I thought he was good looking to me.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:46 AM

81 posts, read 351,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
I have noticed the same with men. Dark hair seem to prefer blondes/red and light hair prefer brunettes/red. I noticed this years ago. My preference is dark hair and I am blonde, maybe it is the barbie mentality, which is sad.
That's because light is feminine and dark is masculine. It#s not the same the other way. For example most dark haired women prefer dark haired men as well and most blond men prefer blonde women, because they see them as more feminine looking.

Almost everything what looks good on women looks bad on men and vica versa.

Short hair or bald on men, long hair on women

Muscular build on men, slim build on women

Rugged facial features on men, soft facial features on women

Body hair looks good on men, disgusting on women

Men taller and women shorter

Men deeper voice, women higher voice

Dark hair and also skin is considered masculine like short hair, deep voice, body hair or muscular frame

If opposites attract slim men would prefer muscular women or all long haired men would prefer short haired or bald women. No that's not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships