Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 02:36 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,334,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernRXMan View Post
My female coworkers say a dark haired man in a tux .... Nothing finer!
I have dark brown hair and grew it out a bit for my senior prom back in high school. I was wearing a black tux with a blue vest and blue tie and I posted the pictures on Facebook and a few girls commented and said I looked sexy but when I don't have a tux on I don't apparently lol

Old 08-26-2013, 08:30 PM

111 posts, read 339,672 times
I'm a guy with light blond hair myself, and my thoughts are that a lot of women see blond men as effeminate. The fact that blond men in movies are frequently portrayed as arrogant pretty boys, homosexuals, or outright villains doesn't help.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
This.

Testosterone often darkens hair (and never lightens the shade). So it's vaguely associated with high testosterone. I suspect that female hair color sometimes temporarily darkens with declining estrogen levels (because the T ratio increases), making darker hair color not a good sign in women, but there are other possible explanations why the ideal female hair color might be blonde.
Man, I love bull**** pseudoscience. Just keep your face glued to the hypnosis screen.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:13 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
It seems like a lot of women love that color. My hair was like a light brown/blonde color in middle school but now that I am 21, my hair is dark brown. Why do ladies like dark hair so much?
Ever think it has nothing to do with the hair color, but you, yourself.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,741 times
I think dark features are more beautiful on men, and blond features are more beautiful on women.
Furthermore people feels attraction by exotic people (true blondes are not common in most parts of the world), but also some cultural facts can modify all this, we reject poor people, and of course women prefer tall and strong man.

Old 05-07-2016, 06:44 PM

50 posts, read 49,386 times
I'm a guy with light blond hair myself, and my thoughts are that a lot of women see blond men as effeminate. The fact that blond men in movies are frequently portrayed as arrogant pretty boys, homosexuals, or outright villains doesn't help.

That's because mainly Jews control Hollywood and they seem to have it out for blond men. Dark-haired men have been portrayed as being more masculine etc for many years now.

Old 05-07-2016, 06:48 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,358,121 times
...because (natural) blonder or lighter brown hair aren't very common! It seems common at least with women because sooooooo many women color their hair. You just don't see blonde or red haired men so you're almost chasing unicorns if that's the only thing you go for.

Old 06-23-2022, 12:51 AM

402 posts, read 273,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillaD_Rock View Post
That's because light is feminine and dark is masculine. It#s not the same the other way. For example most dark haired women prefer dark haired men as well and most blond men prefer blonde women, because they see them as more feminine looking.

Almost everything what looks good on women looks bad on men and vica versa.

Short hair or bald on men, long hair on women

Muscular build on men, slim build on women

Rugged facial features on men, soft facial features on women

Body hair looks good on men, disgusting on women

Men taller and women shorter

Men deeper voice, women higher voice

Dark hair and also skin is considered masculine like short hair, deep voice, body hair or muscular frame

If opposites attract slim men would prefer muscular women or all long haired men would prefer short haired or bald women. No that's not true.
Might be true.
I have dark hair and brown eyes, but pale skin in winter, but it tans easily during the summer and women defninitely prefer me with a tan in summer. And yes, I generally prefer blondes and pale brunettes to tanned brunettes.

It's anecdotal but all my (male) friends that have tried to be the leader in my buddy groups have been the darkest in the group. So yes, the darker a man, the most likely he'll act dominant. Somehow when surrounded by lighter/blond guy friends I become the leader even if I don't seek that, they somehow put me in that position by looking up to me so go figure. I now prefer lighter guys for my friends as they see me as they're friendlier to me usually, I'm done with ego battles with guys that are darker than me and all my worst enemies so far have been White tanned people with brown eyes. So living in Bulgaria sucks for me, too many brown-eyed/tanned people!

Many Spanish, South Italian brunettes actually have more body hair than me. I fell for this Andalusian girl and I liked her but when the crush passed I was put off by her having more arm hair than me and also a slight moustache. Ironically, I still like African dark-skinned beauties and Latin American/Hawaian women and they're mostly darker than me, but they're usually not as hairy as Southern European/Arab females.

I guess I like either very pale White women or African/Latina ones, but not the swarthy White/Arab/Southern European look. I'm also one of the few who doesn't feel any attraction to East Asian girls, they look sickly pale, tend to be too skinny and more like children. They might as well be a different species to me, Idk how other White guys fancy them so much.

I've decided I'd rather live in a country with people that are blonder/lighter than me, as I would like to be seen as kinda exotic and I like blonde/pale blue-eyed brunettes the most. In Latin America or Sub Saharan Africa I'd like the women for sure but I wouldn't be able to make local male buddies due to their extreme dominance. In places like Southern Italy, Spain and Greece I likewise wouldn't be able to make guy friends as I would never ever let a tanned/dark guy dominate over me in a friendship (bad experiences), and there aren't many blue-eyed women there either.

Last edited by tomektomek; 06-23-2022 at 01:03 AM..

Old 06-23-2022, 05:56 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,469,646 times
wonder why Mediterranean women has more facial hair,some even have a mustache?
do you think it has to do with olive ?
East Asian women lack calcium and iron in their diet,thats why they look pale and sickly !

Old 06-23-2022, 05:59 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,469,646 times
In some societies,dark skin = lower socioeconomic status as those who labor outdoor are poor people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships