Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2012, 09:47 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
they're not favored in the white community either. In the news some gay white teen is always committing suicide.

but you really showed how much of a bigot you are with the comment about my darkskin. You stooped really low with that remark
No, he is right, alot of brothers on the down low. Homophobia is quite alive in AA communities, so poor gay souls have to hide in the closet. Wonder if thats why the HIV is all over the place?

Old 02-02-2012, 09:51 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
No, he is right, alot of brothers on the down low. Homophobia is quite alive in AA communities, so poor gay souls have to hide in the closet. Wonder if thats why the HIV is all over the place?
It's just as many white men on the downlow as well. All those closeted white men on those gay websites hiding their sexuality from their wives.

gay white teens committing suicide because they are being taunted for being a homosexual by their white peers. it goes both ways

Texas Teen Kills Himself After Years Of Gay Bullying | PerezHilton.com

Old 02-02-2012, 10:36 AM

41,964 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Yes, those stereotypes exist and....? I'm pretty sure people have thought I was angry because I was darkskin
Now how were we supposed to know that? I didn't see any pictures next to your screen name ...

You want to talk about stereotyping, look in the mirror first.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:38 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,480,869 times
Quote:
they're not favored in the white community either. In the news some gay white teen is always committing suicide.
Oh, gee, is this something new? That gay AA men experience more homophobia than white gay men do? Where have you been living, in Hawaii?

Old 02-02-2012, 10:39 AM

3,295 posts, read 7,017,674 times
Wow, this thread sure has kept on going!

Is there that much to say?

Old 02-02-2012, 11:27 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Oh, gee, is this something new? That gay AA men experience more homophobia than white gay men do? Where have you been living, in Hawaii?
Texas Teen Kills Himself After Years Of Gay Bullying | PerezHilton.com

Gay Buffalo Teen Suicide on Eve of National Bullying Summit - ABC News

Oh really? I bet the parents of these teens would beg to differ. Whites can be equally as homophobic as any racial or ethnic group. All humans are flawed. Please stop trying to play the racial superority card.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:33 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
does this seem a bit soft or I dunno a sign that he may be gay?? I find it to be a major turn off.
Any person that is caring enough - to own a cat or a dog...and take good responsible care of it - Is usually a good man...Men that do not like cats - or do not want the bother of a dog....or child for that matter are NOT the nurturing kind - .... BUT - if the man is overly fixated on the cat - treats it like a human - allows the animal to sleep on his bed...eat off his plate - then beware - you might just have a mal-adjust on your hands...avoid anyone who says "they have unconditional love" cos animals don't - they are parasitic...in a nice way...those that like animals more than people are to be avoided.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:32 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Is using "darkskin" as a one-word term for "dark-skinned" some kind of new trend?

Just wondering.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:55 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,483,735 times
Default Cats...real men

I'm jumping in here without having read all of the posts...I'm a straight cat-owning male!

I prefer cats because they are much more like women than dogs....the kind of women I like anyway.

You can't abuse a cat and have it stick around for long, they are very independent and pretty much take care of themselves.

I have three BTW, I inherited two of them from EX GF's...one I rescued...he was living out of dumpsters and starving...now he's healthy safe and happy...and very thankful.

I think it's the guys who have to have a "tough" dog that are compensating for a lack of confidence regarding their manliness...kind of like having to have a big truck or trying to look tough.

Years ago, the funniest thing regarding "real men" that I had seen was a book about "real men"....the last page simply said that a "real man" doesn't need a guide to tell him how to be a REAL MAN!

So go ahead and add owning cats to not being a real man...right along with if you don't smoke_____, Drink______, eat________ or do_______...

REAL MEN don't care what you think!

Last edited by Cyborgt800; 02-02-2012 at 06:03 PM..

Old 02-02-2012, 06:00 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Who cares if a man has a cat. As long as it's nice. Just like a dog, who wants to deal with annoying dog sniffing your but or crotch. And then can jump on you scratch your clothes and you. Cats can do the same (scratch or bite). Or be hairy.

As long as the pets are nice and friendly it's not a big deal. You do have to watch allergies also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships