Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 06:40 PM

228 posts, read 421,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Perhaps what confuses you is culture. For instance, someone might specify they have no racial preference but that does not mean they don't have cultural preferences.

One can favor a particular culture and not be racist since people of any race can be raised or adopt a culture of another country. For instance, if you are ethnically white but were born and raised in Japan, culturally, you are Japanese. And I don't think there is anything wrong with having such cultural preferences. It's like investigating which country you prefer. It's based on the laws, customs, socio-economic landscape, not race.
I agree that race is a poor indicator of someone's culture, upbringing, or values. Although, when I searched for someone on Match in my area, I assumed that these people would at least be familiar with American culture, enough that a connection could happen and misunderstandings would not be a commonplace occurrence.

When I was on Match, I didn't indicate a preference for any race. My husband was Mexican/German, and my boyfriend is Black/Irish. I would have really missed out if I had designated a preference for any race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 06:56 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Race doesn't matter to me, but culture does. I don't think I'd ever date another girl who has traditional "eastern" values.

Based on looks, I'd date ANY race ... as long as they are hot.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:26 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
I tend to gravitate towards Mexican guys, but I've dated many other races. I'm an equal opportunity dater when it comes to race. Wouldn't want to limit myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships