Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 06:42 PM

5 posts, read 6,636 times

Advertisements

I developed an incredible crush on a co-worker and for reasons I can not go into, I know there is no chance of me ever being able to act upon it and approach her. I feel for starters she is way above me in her league. It is difficult enough at work to keep at my job and its responsibilities already. I get very few chances to see her during the day. Usually it is at the employee lounge or if we cross paths in the back office. There is too much close-knittedness to our company and it would be the death spiral for me if others got wind of my interest in her and embarked upon the gossip route. My heart aches but I know intellectually I have to let this go. I have gotten as crazy as to look at her facebook page and I feel like I am snooping into her life and that is not how I want to be. I would just want her to know I think she is most beautiful women I have ever seen but there is no way of doing that without coming across as a creep. How does one get over a crush?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 06:52 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,978 times
It's not considered rejection if you haven't even asked her anything or expressed any emotion to her.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:08 PM

5 posts, read 6,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
It's not considered rejection if you haven't even asked her anything or expressed any emotion to her.

I just want to cut to the chase with this, feeling that rejection could be brutal to me ultimately. In my heart, I feel I am probably reading the signals from her wrongly and I sense rejection is likely. I do not even want to get to the point of making her feel uncomfortable if she is just friendly and had no intentions of showing interest to begin with.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:10 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2boutside View Post
..How does one get over a crush?
Go find someone else.

[that's how I did/do it]

Old 02-10-2012, 10:03 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,263,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2boutside View Post
I just want to cut to the chase with this, feeling that rejection could be brutal to me ultimately. In my heart, I feel I am probably reading the signals from her wrongly and I sense rejection is likely. I do not even want to get to the point of making her feel uncomfortable if she is just friendly and had no intentions of showing interest to begin with.
Oh Brother, you really do need help. My best advice, the next time some girl catches your eye, ask her out! Keep doing that until you find one who says yes!

Old 02-10-2012, 10:07 PM

845 posts, read 1,348,496 times
Let me tell you a story;

I was really attracted to a few girls at work. One was my age; same school, some same classes and same grade. We used to hang out all the time, as well with another friend, too. The two were inseparable. The guy was a football player, and me, a band geek. Who do you think she went out with and later, got married to?

The other girl; however, was a little older than me. Same school though, but one grade higher. She treated me like crap but we still did some things together. When I knew for a fact that the guy, a good friend of mine, was really into the one girl, I backed off. I didn't think me and the older girl would hit it off over anything other than work-friends, but I went up to her and said, "Has anybody told you how beautiful you are?"

Like I said, nothing else transpired from that. I felt good though, like 200 lbs was lifted from my shoulders.

The point of this is just to say; you, yourself, is stopping you. No one else is saying, "No", just you. When you tell yourself that, not only does your confidence go down, but that is what you'll get because that is what you want. Trust yourself, know and agree to what you want and go for it.

Start talking to this girl. Be yourself, make her laugh, get to know her. Then let her know how you feel. The feeling might be mutual, it might not. Don't worry about what she thinks about you before or after you say it.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:09 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
It flucken sucks that's how it feels. Then you got to pick yourself up and move on.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:00 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Well you can start by not worrying too much about it, if you come on and tell her you've been watching her and have this huge fascination with her before getting to know her well, you're going to get slapped with a restraining order or a girl who wants to stay as far away from you as possible. Don't be the creepy guy at work.

Just get to know her, talk to her and then ask her out when you're comfortable around her. Please don't go to her and tell her your undying feelings

And rejection? How do I deal with it? Like everyone should.. with a laugh, beer and quest for a different girl. It also helps to be talking to a few girls, as opposed to just thinking about one. You tend to not think so much, and don't appear quite as desperate. Try to meet a few girls, and itll take off some pressure.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:07 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
stop bothering altogether.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:19 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Well you actually get REJECTED for starters...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships