Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 08:28 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,012,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
going dutch on a first date is normal now???

He sounds cheap. I would be offended. ditch him.
I know people are doing it more and more. It's the signs of the times unfortunately. Not that men are insisting on the woman paying her half, but money is more scarce and all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 08:31 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,988,991 times
1. Who did the inviting?

2. Perhaps you should have offered to pay for him too. That would have been nice.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:31 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,414,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I know people are doing it more and more. It's the signs of the times unfortunately. Not that men are insisting on the woman paying her half, but money is more scarce and all.
true but I've been conditioned to not even offer because men get offended if I do so I haven't even offered in years! does that make me selfish? I'm a poor college kid..and I might even continue to be poor after I'm done for a few years after. Besides..the man in the OP raved about how much money he has..not like he's poor like what you're describing.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:32 PM

434 posts, read 685,316 times
What wrong with going Dutch? Its 2012. I would ditch him because he only tipped $1. A real good way to get a feel for a person is to how he or she treats the "help", and tipping someone a dollar for dinner is ridiculous!! He's a cheap a** who will probably embarrass you if you kept seeing him.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
true but I've been conditioned to not even offer because men get offended if I do so I haven't even offered in years! does that make me selfish? I'm a poor college kid..and I might even continue to be poor after I'm done for a few years after. Besides..the man in the OP raved about how much money he has..not like he's poor like what you're describing.
It's not the same for every person. I won't let the woman pay her half of the first date. I'd appreciate the offer though, at least she would understand that it's not cheap to pay for a reasonably expensive dinner and whatever else you might do.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:34 PM

819 posts, read 1,130,454 times
So, either women complain about dudes making them pay or they complain about dudes who insist on paying. Make up your damn minds.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:37 PM

42 posts, read 91,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Quite an assumption that all men would be broke at the end of the week if they were not able to split the check on a first date. Maybe he should be grateful he broke all 3 rules and doesn't even know it.

I meant those going on MULTIPLE dates per week/month. Maybe you're a McDonald's guy though

Old 02-12-2012, 08:37 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,414,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
It's not the same for every person. I won't let the woman pay her half of the first date. I'd appreciate the offer though, at least she would understand that it's not cheap to pay for a reasonably expensive dinner and whatever else you might do.
oh I know its not cheap..but I just don't know if I should even offer anymore because so many have been offended in the past so I keep quiet and thank them.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:38 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,988,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdog101 View Post
What wrong with going Dutch? Its 2012. I would ditch him because he only tipped $1. A real good way to get a feel for a person is to how he or she treats the "help", and tipping someone a dollar for dinner is ridiculous!! He's a cheap a** who will probably embarrass you if you kept seeing him.
Maybe he wasn't impressed with the service or he doesn't really believe in tipping.

I personally don't tip unless the service is impressive.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalquimista View Post
I meant those going on MULTIPLE dates per week/month. Maybe you're a McDonald's guy though
I'm pretty sure that if I'm going out with a girl more than one time during the week, I'm not just taking her to dinner every date. I'd try to do something different each time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships