Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 02:32 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,365,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I am sure this has been discussed to death...but I am interested in a man's perspective on this issue...

Right now I am dating someone, who makes less than me, when we go out, he picks where we go...and he pays for our dates. I however, have picked up the check a few times, recently when we went out with my kids, as I did not want him stuck with a large bill.

I also invite him over to my house for dinner, and send him home with leftovers.

This works for us, and we are both happy with this arrangement.

I don't mind picking up the bill once in awhile, or chipping in money for drinks. Especially if I know a man makes less than me.
And thats all that matters. By the way, the fact that he makes less than you is irrelevant. A man that has his mind made up to include you in his future doesnt worry about trivial stuff like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 05:08 PM

96 posts, read 101,270 times
My opinion?
Don't expect me to pay for your food if you don't expect me to think you should put out after I spent $80 so you could stuff your face.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:13 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,759,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick>Import View Post
My opinion?
Don't expect me to pay for your food if you don't expect me to think you should put out after I spent $80 so you could stuff your face.
So you are advocating prostitution?

You pay for dinner equates with paying for sex.

And people wonder why I advocate splitting the bill. It is to prevent these kinds of jerks thinking they can get a free Mod cut: language.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-14-2012 at 10:10 PM..

Old 02-14-2012, 06:14 PM

96 posts, read 101,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
So you are advocating prostitution?

You pay for dinner equates with paying for sex.

And people wonder why I advocate splitting the bill. It is to prevent these kinds of jerks thinking they can get a free f++k.
Lol, U Mad. You misread. I am stating the fact that its acceptable for a man to pay for a meal he did not eat, while on the other hand its not acceptable for the man to expect sex after spending his money on a gold digger.

In layman's terms, double standards.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:31 PM

37,715 posts, read 46,149,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick>Import View Post
Lol, U Mad. You misread. I am stating the fact that its acceptable for a man to pay for a meal he did not eat, while on the other hand its not acceptable for the man to expect sex after spending his money on a gold digger.

In layman's terms, double standards.
No double standard exists other than the one in your mind. Really. If I buy you dinner, you think I am going to expect sex? Or, ANYTHING? Seriously?

Wow.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:33 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,028,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No double standard exists other than the one in your mind. Really. If I buy you dinner, you think I am going to expect sex? Or, ANYTHING? Seriously?

Wow.
I expect the ride of my life.

In the car. All the way back home. With music and I get to stick my arm out the window like I was 10 again.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:05 PM

37,715 posts, read 46,149,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post

In the car. All the way back home. With music and I get to stick my arm out the window like I was 10 again.
That made me smile.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:14 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,028,092 times
Quote:
That made me smile.
I was going to add with sunglasses on at night. But I thought I was going to be pushing my luck with that.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:17 PM

44,390 posts, read 20,116,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post

Quote:
That made me smile.
Made me smile, too.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:42 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,505,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
agree not sure if the OP had a question, sounds perfectly reasonable to me
Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships