Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 08:51 AM

11,389 posts, read 9,310,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
True story- had some neighbors, they seemed like the typical couple, a few kids, nice home, etc. I moved away, ran into the husband a few years later. I ask about his wife & he says that they've been divorced for quite some time. After he learned what she was doing while he was at work, he was done.
She was going on websites for cheaters, & swingers as well & hooking up w/these guys whenever & wherever she could.

Seeing as he was a devoted & faithful husband, a good dad & a nice guy, it really shocked me at how sleazy some people secretly are.
It happened to me.

It was shocking and hurtful.

We broke up about an hour after I noticed this on our shared computer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 08:54 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,479,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I can see it. Someone already brought up polyamory which is something that interests me. That is not really "messing around."

Staying single means living alone and I would prefer not to do that much longer. I'm sure there are many others that feel the same way. I'm open-minded and flexible.
Ever heard of a roommate?

Old 02-17-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Ever heard of a roommate?
I have housemates but I have very little contact with them due to culture and language differences. I'm the only one here that speaks fluent English.

I live in the lower level of a house, just like a one bedroom apartment.

Adding to keep this on topic ---
Obviously having housemates is not the same as a relationship.

Last edited by John13; 02-17-2012 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: See "adding."

Old 02-17-2012, 09:19 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,195,267 times
Quote:
It happened to me.

It was shocking and hurtful.

We broke up about an hour after I noticed this on our shared computer.
Idk how long you were together, but that couple had something like 18 years together, 2 kids & portrayed themselves as the couple with it all. She blew it. How absolutely sleazy & disgusting. He would always be out there, fixing things taking care of the home, bbq-ing in the summer, playing with the kids. And it wasn't enough for her. She really wasn't all that much to look at either. So she had it all, & pi$$ed it away just to be sleazy. He got custody, the kids are grown now & they have nothing to do with her

Old 02-17-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Idk how long you were together, but that couple had something like 18 years together, 2 kids & portrayed themselves as the couple with it all. She blew it. How absolutely sleazy & disgusting. He would always be out there, fixing things taking care of the home, bbq-ing in the summer, playing with the kids. And it wasn't enough for her. She really wasn't all that much to look at either. So she had it all, & pi$$ed it away just to be sleazy. He got custody, the kids are grown now & they have nothing to do with her
Almost exactly 8 years. We were married 6+ of them.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:33 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,195,267 times
Quote:
Almost exactly 8 years. We were married 6+ of them.
Well that's a damn shame.
It made me realize why some men can become so bitter.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:04 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,857,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeingJane View Post
"Life is too short" is one of my most detested phrases. Life is too short...so you can justify cheating, lying, breaking someone's trust and their heart? Life is too short...so cast aside any sort of values, any kind of self-respect, any kind of honor? Life is too short...so go on out and get you some and don't worry about the people you mow down in the process? Can't stand that phrase because it is so often used to justify extremely poor behavior.

<stepping off soapbox and stalking away, muttering to self>
My most hated phrase is, "You deserve..." It rather mirrors your phrase as though there is an issue of entitlement to this behavior. It reminds me of an often-used catch phrase from the 60's, "If it feels good, do it." All of them are simply lame excuses for irresponsible behavior and an abdication of responsibility.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:31 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,710,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
To be honest, and I'll probably get a few stones thrown at me, I'm not mad at this website's creator for the website.

1. A cheater is gonna cheat whether they are encouraged or not.
2. If said cheater didn't have the website, they'd just find another medium to meet people to cheat with.
3. No business would succeed if there wasn't a market for it. Tyler Perry is probably writer ever but he keeps making money because people go to his movies. Same thing with this.

More power to the creator who is making a living off of this.
I agree. It's a skeezy website and I'm sure the owner is no Atticus Finch himself but ultimately it would not exist if there wasn't demand for it.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:34 AM

622 posts, read 1,281,269 times
Its a sign of the times. Of course people have always cheated. But at least in the past there some sort of shame associated with it. But now its on TV. Reason 1 million and 1 why I dont get attached.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:11 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,400,524 times
nimchimpsky, I intentionally gave off the vibe that what I'm saying is monogamy is superior in and of itself, because it is. We just had a lengthy conversation as to why.

Unfortunately, the conversation is off-topic. I've said all I have to say on the subject. Last word's all yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships