Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 06:07 PM

526 posts, read 958,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Well, you never know. Shaking life up helps: changing places, having an adventure, getting out of the same old. If I hadn't moved around, I would've never met my dh. I was past your current age, he was waaaay past your age. But look, we have little saplings.
THANK YOU!!! I so needed to hear something like that today, it feels like a reassurance that what I've been thinking/planning is the right thing for me. God must be sending me a message

Old 02-16-2012, 06:24 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,525,395 times
Can't be lonely at CD Forums though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
Funny you said this, I've been having the same feeling for the past two years. I am not really happy where I am right now and I have this gut feeling that keeps telling me that there's something better somewhere else waiting for me to take the leap of faith.

I decided that this the year. Not sure where yet, but I can't honestly see myself here for much longer.

In regards to the OP, I hope not. I am not looking to have several kids, I'd be happy with one or two, that's it. But I do miss being in a committed relationship and having someone to cuddle with a few times a week. Lonliness sucks!

Old 02-16-2012, 07:00 PM

Not all women are materialistic but at your age, you should have a stable job, responsible with your expenses, good retirement plan. What is stopping you from a higher salary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
I'm not ripped yet, I want to be but I have a ways to go. Money matters mostly over looks, if I try hard enough I can probably get younger girls in their early 20s but that's a good age difference.

You probably have a better image of being stable. Light skinned guys have a better image of having jobs than darker men but that's not really a excuse.

I'm going to need a better salary to really get women but I do get quite lonely at times.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:07 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,597,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Do you plan to Single in your life with no kids ever? Your reasons?
If you mean unmarried? Yes. I dont have any kids, because I was raised that I should be married first before having offspring. My mom was pretty cut & dry on that subject when my siblings and I were younger. My brother had a child out of wedlock and moms was really irritated about it, brother got married and they now have 3 kids. my other siblings have no children. I will not get married so my main option is to find a kid I like and mentor to him. I do have a great girlfriend, she is really well behaved & supportive of me working 2 jobs and going back to school again. She does not nag or fuss about much. Id never cheat on her, but I do see myself getting bored with her. I get bored with all my girlfriends. So that why I know marriage would never work for someone like me.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:09 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,534,589 times
Quote:
Do you plan to Single in your life with no kids ever? Your reasons?
Maybe, maybe not.

[i have other things to do in the meantime and won't worry about it]

Old 02-16-2012, 07:11 PM

19 posts, read 35,690 times
Also, to be honest, I don't know if I'd want to bring a child into the current world we live in. I don't like where this country is headed. Not at all.

But that's another thread.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more. I feel I would make a good father and husband. But I always felt that if I'm going to have kids I want to be in a very good position to raise them.

A good career. House,car the basic things that married couples want out of life. Many say that "...well you can't wait forever for those things" or " ...there is no right or wrong time to start a family".

I'm grounded in my beliefs and old fashion. Marriage before children is one of them.

I don't feel comfortable raising a family with the career I have now and the way things is changing with this economy.I want to be able to spend time with my kids and have the energy to do it.

Last but not least. I don't have this feeling that most men and women feel when it comes to desiring to raise children. I don't feel it not one bit. I want to be in love and get marry. But raise kids? Nope.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:11 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,597,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Kids are overrated.

If you ask everyone who has them would they have them again, if they could do it over, I bet you most of them would say no or only want to keep maybe one or two (that is if they're HONEST with you).

Also, to be honest, I don't know if I'd want to bring a child into the current world we live in. I don't like where this country is headed. Not at all.

But that's another thread.
I totally agree with Marilyn...its becoming a dark place.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:47 PM

Mod cut: Orphaned.

If you think it will be a rough road then it will be thar way. Change the way you think and change yourself.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-22-2012 at 09:47 AM..

Old 02-16-2012, 08:54 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,786,692 times
Quote:
Not all women are materialistic but at your age, you should have a stable job, responsible with your expenses, good retirement plan. What is stopping you from a higher salary?
I have a 2 year degree only and little experience, I'm wayyy behind the curve. I get depressed slot and I'm losing my hair but I'm just hanging on. I don't really have any skills to command big bucks and my job is dead end. I just did things very wrong.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
I have a 2 year degree only and little experience, I'm wayyy behind the curve. I get depressed slot and I'm losing my hair but I'm just hanging on. I don't really have any skills to command big bucks and my job is dead end. I just did things very wrong.
Degree is just a piece of paper. Are you using it? Hair can be restored. What is considered big bucks? What kind of wrong things?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships