Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 05:39 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,773,388 times

Advertisements

We'll never see that OP again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 10:23 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,478,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
No, and I'm hyper-sensitive to that kind of thing. You could be right, of course. Just answering your question.
Same, cause I've been there.

I was just curious. I guess I just got that vibe from the get go.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:31 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,875,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I think you need to grow up. You need to get a job, and make a bank for yourself before you leave. Make plans on where to go. You can do foster care now, the class is two weeks, and in some states you get $800 a month. Kids don't eat that much. You could save money to leave.

So, when anyone says there are no jobs...plenty of jobs to be foster care parents.

Are you for real? She isn't taking care of her self and you suggest she take in a child that has their own needs and issues so she can get a paycheck? ...Wow. No wonder that system is in such horrid shape.

Foster Care is for people that are responsible, capable, emotionally sound, fiscally sound and above all else has the welfare of a child at heart, not a paycheck.

To the OP... you say he is abusing you and cheating? And you haven't left yet why? Stop wasting your time with us and get your life in order.

Find a job
Find a living situation
separate your accounts.

Get this sorry a$$ loser out of your life.... why doesn't he work? He should be down at labor ready daily if he doesn't have an income.

Turn the cable TV OFF... stop wasting your time and money.
cut his cell phone off if you are paying for it
get this show on the road and stop lamenting.

His mother was right, you shouldn't have married him, but not for the reasons she thought... she raised a loser.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:47 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,336,814 times
Oh wow! now I have heard it all! take in a kid to make money off....that's something I would never dare think let alone suggest to anyone...I realize some people have kids to play the system, I wasn't born yesterday, but this suggestion to the OP is absurd!

Old 02-23-2012, 11:53 AM

61,915 posts, read 87,471,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
Hold on a second here, are you suggesting that this person STEAL from her husband just go *get back* at him? I would insinuate that this is a crime. And you girls wonder why men are reluctant to open up a joint savings account
She said that her husband didn't work for over 6 months. It doesn't looks like they have anything in the bank account.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:59 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,460,053 times
Foster parenting is NOT some job to make money off of.

This attitude is the reason why we have so many abused and neglected foster children.

I hope the OP has enough sense to not even consider fostering for money.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:56 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,830,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
Hold on a second here, are you suggesting that this person STEAL from her husband just go *get back* at him? I would insinuate that this is a crime. And you girls wonder why men are reluctant to open up a joint savings account
Oh, give it a rest. She can't steal from her husband if she's on the account. She'll be taking what she needs to leave, not getting revenge. Sorry to tell you this, but in a marriage, it's also her money. I know, that tees you off, but just deal with it.

And let's not forget he's no prince with the way he's treating her. It's no wonder wives have to go to that extent. I know, you just expect wives to tolerate that, but it's a different world now. Just accept it.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:24 PM

774 posts, read 1,165,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Right? Who's talking about rights? She has a need, and she should take it. It's his own fault for not talking to her.
I seriously doubt she has a NEED to clean out the bank account. That would make her no better than a thief. "I need, therefore I take". How about she goes to work and makes her own money instead of stealing his? That's what you're advocating.

Aside from that, she can leave without much money if the relationship is that abusive. I personally know three women that left abusive marriages with less than $40.00 in their pockets. And took their children with them.

If she thinks things have been bad before, what do you think would happen to her if he found that she took his money?? He's already abusive. Where do you think this would lead?

Old 02-24-2012, 10:42 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,224,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Right? Who's talking about rights? She has a need, and she should take it. It's his own fault for not talking to her.
She should find a shelter for battered women, file charges against this guy for domestic violence and if she need the money than sue him for causing her emotional distress. If she steals that money, he can file charges against her and it will only weaken her position legally. This is an emotional time but she has better options than what you're suggesting.

Old 02-25-2012, 04:36 AM

7 posts, read 8,992 times
from the way you say, it seems to me that he has hated you for long time and now simply do not care anymore. Do yuo think you might have overlooked this hate? I od not want to put blame on you, but i can talk just to yuo now :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships