Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 10:49 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i have tried the

Pygmalion

thing with deadhead gals that were good in the sack big mistake. have also tried to cultivate romance with gals dead from the waist down. i like running up steep hills covered with mud dont i? of course that is another subject. dont give up but dont expect the guy to fix u. not his job.
where did I ask for a guy to fix me? I don't really have any serious problems anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 11:20 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
For starters, not willing to be a booty call.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:47 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
I think it depends on a lot of factors. Maybe he's embarrassed to introduce you to his family or his friends because of the way you look (this can range from being too skinny, boobs too big, tattoos, height difference etc.), or maybe he just doesn't want anything serious. Sometimes you just don't 'click' and there's really nothing you can do about that.

I'm happy, successful (relatively, at least ), motivated, educated, look decent and I'd like to think I'm a fairly nice person (I have a large group of friends and receive plenty of phone calls/texts from people who want to go out and do stuff) but I can't even get a date. Sex? Easy. A man actually interested in dating me? Nearly impossible.

I think some people are just naturally better at relationships. One of my best friend has been in relationships constantly since she was 16 and she's 29 now. She's been single for about 6 months and it's the longest she's ever gone without a boyfriend. It comes very naturally to her, but definitely not to me considering I've had 2 boyfriends at the age of 28.

Perhaps it's just fate and timing

Old 02-23-2012, 12:05 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,427 times
Booty-call:

She is hot, and as a guy, you're neurochemicals are firing off like the cannons on day three at the battle of Gettysburg (1863), and the sex is phenomenal but on some instictual level you know that it will never work out and keep her at a distance and out of your life enough to let her know that. You enjoy her company, as well as the sex and are willing to stay on the roller coaster ride as long as it will last, not investing too much of yourself into her or the relationship.

Relationship material:

She is attracive, but something about her is different from all of the rest of the women you have known. You feel a certain way when she looks in your eyes and when you look at her there are times when it is almost as if she is the only woman in the world. You sacrifice most nights of what could be total F-ing, and instead make love and want to lay next to her afterwards and well into the next morning. As time goes by, you begin to realize that she has a brain and can form advanced logical concepts with it and she becomes a necessary component to your life experience, not just physcially but emotionally as well.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:36 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
What do they do that causes that change with you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I suppose it could happen. Off the top of my head, being a beeyotch or making a fool of herself in public on numerous occasions would count against her, fighting with other women a la Jersey Shore, etc. I wouldn't want to be with someone in a relationship that caused me stress, but at that point I might consider hanging around long enough to "relieve" it.

When these things happen, though, I wouldn't stick around. I'd just find someone else.
What he said!

Old 02-23-2012, 03:27 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
In the last nightclub I worked in we called it a bodybag.

Mix equal proportions of 151, Rumplemintz, Jager, and Goldschlager over ice & strain into shot glass. The bigger the glass the better.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:20 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
Quote:
Is it just the timing of meeting a guy who happens to want a relationship at the time he meets a woman or is there something a woman does that makes a guy only reduce her to booty call status instead of pursuing a relationship? Not sure if that question makes sense to you but ya..I was wondering..
In the past it was timing and....

1) cool person, but horrible on paper (finances etc)

2) cool person, but coming out of a divorce/ separation

3) single mom (no instant family thanks)

4) cool person, we both mutually agree, just looking for fun

Passed on some women who were awesome females, but had over 100k in student loans. No thanks on bearing that burden with any hope of ever having a family.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:47 AM

73 posts, read 156,517 times
Quote:
what do you mean women can't be studs? lol

um, I am loyal and don't play games..life's too short.
Oh, since you didn't really specify in the original post i just figured you were some guys fwb and wanted to move up to girlfriend status.

As far as the stud comment, its like a lock and a key. a key that can open many locks is a master key, but a lock that can be opened by many keys is a s*itty lock.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:59 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Booty-call:

She is hot, and as a guy, you're neurochemicals are firing off like the cannons on day three at the battle of Gettysburg (1863), and the sex is phenomenal but on some instictual level you know that it will never work out and keep her at a distance and out of your life enough to let her know that. You enjoy her company, as well as the sex and are willing to stay on the roller coaster ride as long as it will last, not investing too much of yourself into her or the relationship.

Well said! Thanks for spelling it out so clearly

Old 02-23-2012, 08:32 AM

3,922 posts, read 6,835,417 times
I have a booty call, or two . They are just simply a decent lay, but aren't good enough for relationship material. Most booty calls are girls that you could see resorting to in the end if you had to, but most of the time, you just aren't into them enough to pursue a relationship.

IMO, I lose a lot of respect for somebody if they are "easy". Usually the booty call girl made this mistake right off the bat. They probably came on way strong and made themselves easy. This is the start of the slippery slope to becoming booty call material.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships