Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 10:12 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,303,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I'm curious if her partner tells her to keep her mouth shut??

Maria, can you not start a topic of conversation in your household? Do you always defer to him to determine when you can talk with him?
I don't speak unless spoken to.

This thread isn't about me or what I do. It is about getting the opinion from the men of city data on the opening post and nothing more.

If you wish to start a conversation about me I am fine with it. Shoot me a PM. Just don't want to derail the thread.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
The statement you quoted is the one I have an issue with. For the most part, as rough as you put it, on everything else I agree.

However there is a huge difference between wanting your woman to be attractive, and wanting her to shut up while she folds your laundry.
Agreed. My wording can lead to cause for offense. I understand that. Just ignore that part if you don't care for it.

However why shouldn't a woman keep quiet and do your laundry if you are providing for her? Small price to pay for being provided for in my opinion.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:15 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,889,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm not saying that men don't want an attractive mate - I'm saying that many men don't want a woman that is ONLY attractive. And your posts pretty much describe women whose only attributes are that she looks good and keeps her mouth shut.
thats how I pick it up too....no one said a man doesnt want someone he finds attractive. But men are not as vain as she may think, looks are just a small part of what makes a woman attractive...thats probably a foreign concept for some people though.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:17 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,474,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Agreed. My wording can lead to cause for offense. I understand that. Just ignore that part if you don't care for it.

However why shouldn't a woman keep quiet and do your laundry if you are providing for her? Small price to pay for being provided for in my opinion.
Bit now we aren't arguing about anything if you take that back?

Every time I travel I forget to pack underwear, so I buy a 3 pack at target or something. I literally have 97 boxers. Her folding my underwear isn't really an issue.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
thats how I pick it up too....no one said a man doesnt want someone he finds attractive. But men are not as vain as she may think, looks are just a small part of what makes a woman attractive...thats probably a foreign concept for some people though.
I agree that no man wants to be with a woman who has nothing else to offer but beauty.

However I am talking in a strictly first glance sense because the truth is that no man is going to waste his time on a woman and getting to know all the other fabulous things about her if he doesn't find her attractive in the first place.

Women seem to have this ideal fantasy that men can see what all we have to offer and that our looks don't matter as much as all of those other things on a first impression.

It is that I disagree with.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Bit now we aren't arguing about anything if you take that back?

Every time I travel I forget to pack underwear, so I buy a 3 pack at target or something. I literally have 97 boxers. Her folding my underwear isn't really an issue.
If you want to argue the point then let's.

I think women should be expected to keep quiet and do the housework if they want a gentleman who provides for them.

My 2 cents.

Not saying my opinion is the only way or that I am right and everyone else is wrong.

I just want to see what the opinion of men on this board happens to be.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:23 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,474,490 times
Quote:
If you want to argue the point then let's.

I think women should be expected to keep quiet and do the housework if they want a gentleman who provides for them.

My 2 cents.

Not saying my opinion is the only way or that I am right and everyone else is wrong.

I just want to see what the opinion of men on this board happens to be.
That is not what you said. You said men want a woman that can take some responsibility of their plate, validate them as a leader, and look good doing it.

There is a very niche group of men that want that in 2013.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
That is not what you said. You said men want a woman that can take some responsibility of their plate, validate them as a leader, and look good doing it.

There is a very niche group of men that want that in 2013.
Yes. I stand by that statement.

It is my view. Not everyone agrees. I never said they had to. I just think most men agree even if they don't say it in public anymore because it isn't a popular opinion due to the feminist movement.

It is my opinion that men want a woman that looks good, take responsibility for things like housework, children ect. and if she has a problem that she honestly needs help with that she should go to her man and ask because that validates the mans status as a leader in the household, not the leader of the household by the way, as well as serving to show the man that he is needed which is something that all humans need. Everyone wants to feel needed.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:35 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,114,567 times
Quote:
and if she has a problem that she honestly needs help with that she should go to her man and ask because that validates the mans status as a leader in the household, not the leader of the household by the way
Actually, what you said was:

Quote:
Men want a lady who can handle what he needs her to in order to minimize his responsibilities, keep her mouth shut unless she needs to come to him for help to validate his leadership status every once in awhile and look damn good while doing it.
You're big on the whole "implied" thing... What exactly does this imply? That she keeps her mouth shut unless she needs to come to him for help as "one" of the leaders in the household with her being the other one? Erm...huh?

Old 02-23-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Actually, what you said was:

You're big on the whole "implied" thing... What exactly does this imply? That she keeps her mouth shut unless she needs to come to him for help as "one" of the leaders in the household with her being the other one?
Yes. There can be more than one leader in the household. Particularly if their are children present.

The woman leads the household while the man goes and and provides and if she has a problem she consults with the man. How is this a foreign concept?

No one man can rule it all you know. Leadership is a team effort. No one does it alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships