Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 02:16 PM

788 posts, read 1,273,713 times

Advertisements

Congrats, Dewdrop!!!

Quote:
For me, I care about finding someone I want to share my life with and that it's solid before I'd think about the rest.
Yup, that's how I feel too. I'm single and in my early 30s, but I knew from a young age that I had a long list of things I wanted to do in life before I even considered marrying and having kids. I'm finally at the point where I'm okay with getting married. A few years ago, I was finally okay with being engaged. I'm still working on the kids part, but I'm assuming that will happen after I meet the person I want to spend my life with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 02:24 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,686,057 times
Lightbulb Excuse Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary324 View Post
Oh honey you dont know what your missing. Why use your money when you can use his. Its much better to get them trained to do what you want. This way they can stop doing things you dont like including fishing and other neanderthal s*** like that.
I don't know how you do things on Krypton (where apparently there exist a race of spineless, sex-organ-less men who pucker up and kiss your tuckus 24-7 and babble 'yes dear no dear anything you say dear---as long as I can at least see a picture of the vajayjay once a year, I'll be happy!'), but we don't roll like that here on Earth...

I really and truly hope you're trying to be funny and/or sarcastic, because if you're for real, then the First Bank Of Catfish is open, and you're about to get a big reality check...

Let me get you hip to the jive, Miss "I Think All Men Should Take Care Of Women"...men and women in THIS world do and should do for each other because they WANT to, not because of some warped-a** sense of entitlement that your husband the eunuch seems to have been brainwashed into accepting

Most men I know aren't Neanderthals, and love their wives, and DO give them gifts and such because (wait for it) their wives have shown consistently that they DESERVE to be treated as such, and don't sit around on their a**es like you allegedly do, with your trained puppy sitting at your feet with his tongue hanging, waiting for your lazy a** to whine about the next whatever you want...

Thank god there are women in this forum, and in the real world, who don't sit around like some brain-cramped lifelike Bratz doll thinking that they're supposed to be 'taken care of'...as other folk on here have said, this is 2012, NOT the 12th century...you're lucky to have Lassie---excuse me, your husband 'trained' as you allegedly do, because most men here would have told you to grab a shovel and fling dirt a long time ago...

Give me 5 minutes with your husband...I'll guarantee you after that, he'll have learned to extend his middle fingers, and to tell you to get up off your a** and act like you DESERVE to be taken care of

Old 02-28-2012, 02:26 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,213,669 times
Quote:
See were not in the 12th century. Let them take care of you buy you things take you places but you let them know your the boss. Pretty soon you have everything you want and you wont have to lift a finger.
What? Honey, I like lifting my fingers.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:30 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,083,940 times
We were taught to want those things practically from birth. It's Marketing and Biology.

Marriage and family is supposed to be the ideal life. We become disenchanted when we figure out we didn't marry Prince Charming and the kids are nothing like the little angels on [i]Leave It to Beaver[i].

Old 02-28-2012, 03:16 PM

227 posts, read 421,287 times
Well after the age of 35 conceiving becomes very difficult for women. Many people envision themselves married with kids, a house and a career.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:32 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,228,373 times
Quote:
We as in all women should be taken care of by men.
You may have the mental faculties of a child and require that someone take care of you, but not all women. You do not speak for me. I'm a better woman and my husband is a better man.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:39 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,228,373 times
Quote:
See were not in the 12th century. Let them take care of you buy you things take you places but you let them know your the boss. Pretty soon you have everything you want and you wont have to lift a finger.
Quote:
Oh honey you dont know what your missing. Why use your money when you can use his. Its much better to get them trained to do what you want. This way they can stop doing things you dont like including fishing and other neanderthal s*** like that.
It sounds like you need to train yourself. I can't think of much else that holds as little value as aspiring to be a consumer. Is that all you really expect of yourself and life?

Old 02-28-2012, 04:37 PM

77 posts, read 170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Exactly. Not only that, but nature made it possible for a woman to singlehandedly feed and sustain that baby for many years with her own body, without the aid of enother person, until the child is old enough to fend for himself.
I think if you really believe that, you must be some sort of simpleton and a bit of an idiot too. If that is all off spring ever needed, human females would have long ago developed fertilization capabilities and they have not, hence males are also present.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:38 PM

77 posts, read 170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What a good thing it is, then, that women can easily provide for themselves and their kids these days.
More nonsense.
Its a good thing that nature didn't leave fertilization et al to women.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:39 PM

261 posts, read 358,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Are you saying that you're the standard in the US?
There are always exceptions, are you saying that the way you were raised is the norm?
Most people are raised to BE moms.

And, for some reason, you want to be one, even though you were taught to be not just someone, but yourself.
Isn't being yourself BEing someone?
Yes I do believe the way I was raised is the norm. I felt there was strong societal pressure to be something, that we looked down on and mocked those who "aspired for nothing more than to be wives and mothers". I certaintly didn't get that pressure from my own family as I was the first to attend college and my parents were dead set against that. But I scorned them because I was an A student and SAT scholarship winner. School had taught me I could be more than my family history, smart girls didn't settle down and make babies. My parents were also foolish to worry about paying for college, thats what student loans were for.

This was especially prevalent when we were young women in college. That's when EVERYONE was talking about being SOMEONE and there was always that scorn for those who wanted nothing more than to be mommies. Now, the most vocal of that group, my former roommate, is a stay at home mom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships