Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2012, 06:18 AM

37,718 posts, read 46,158,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What?
They're forced into relationships against their wills?
Are they really that weak?
If so, why would any woman want to be in a relationship with them to begin with?

I don't celebrate VD. Never did.
Why do you think you must?
Really, do you guys even listen to yourselves?
Would you want to be in a relationship with yourself?

I don't know about you, but I want to be in a relationship with an equal; and all of mine are.
Nail on head.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:32 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,068,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Those men that "have no say" are the very men that most women want nothing to do with.

Pretty easy to see the problem here.
Amen!

Old 02-29-2012, 07:36 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,604,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Look up a YouTube video called men say no to valentines day, he has a strong point. Men basically have no say in relationships anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post

Men have been assumed weak if they complain.

What are you talking about? Get a grip on the reality of relationships and stop feeding into the BS.

These are the thoughts of someone who has nothing of importantance to think about or say.

If you, or someone you know, man or womens being bulldozed in a relationship, they've made a poor choice in partners. Plain and simple.

Valentines Day is only one day out of the year. If its important to your partner and keeps the relationship on smooth ground, it should be important to you as well.

If it really bothers you this much, find someome who feels the same way and partner with them. Really its not that difficult.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:50 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,402,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I've always said that feminism heavily contributes to misandry.
fem·i·nism (fm-nzm)
n. 1. Belief in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.
2. The movement organized around this belief.

feminism - definition of feminism by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

No, I think you're wrong. Something that insists both sexes are equal cannot possibly contribute to hatred of one of the sexes. Not in and of itself, anyway. To the extent that rain doesn't dry things, feminism doesn't contribute to intolerance or hatred. EXTREME "feminism", maybe. But that wouldn't be feminism at all, would it?

Old 02-29-2012, 08:02 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,782,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
White Knights are some of the biggest proponents of misandry because they truly don't know better. In my experience the men in America who hold a hyper romanticized view of women and relationships are the biggest white knights that you'll come across. They don't have any real understand of social dynamics, for one they're quick to be indoctrinated by the media and women on "how to be a man".

Hyper feminized men are simply victims of their environment, whether it be a household headed by a single mother or just an area devoid of any masculinity. You can find a lot of these men in places where "PC" culture thrives (a huge percentage of the anglosphere).

Married men - This is a 50/50 case, it's not that married men don't know about Misandry; there are plenty of men in this category that have come to accept this as their personal reality. There are men trapped within state defined marriages where not only are their assets at stake but also their lives as being a father. Marriage is a one sided swindle and the former of those men in the 50/50 realize this after wasting so many years with their wife. The latter of these men who buy into marriage don't have enough experience with women to see it for the sham that it is, they go on believing in ideals of a system that worked for their grandparents but it holds no weight in the present.

Elite's in general don't care, they're just out to pimp the establishment and brag about their corruption in the open. You wake up everyday to see cheats, crooks and vile caricatures thriving in the world. Does this mean you have to imitate them to gain successful results? no, but learn their games/foundation and bend their rules to work in your favor.
i agree with some of what you say, but your perspective looks copy-and-pasted right out of a blog. "Anglosphere"? "the elites" ? Really?

Old 02-29-2012, 08:14 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,604,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i agree with some of what you say, but your perspective looks copy-and-pasted right out of a blog. "Anglosphere"? "the elites" ? Really?

I'm wondering how old the article, if it is in fact copied.
Below is sterotypical of men from single mother households.

"Hyper feminized men are simply victims of their environment, whether it be a household headed by a single mother or just an area devoid of any masculinity. You can find a lot of these men in places where "PC" culture thrives (a huge percentage of the anglosphere)."

Old 02-29-2012, 08:17 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,782,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I'm wondering how old the article, if it is in fact copied.
Below is sterotypical of men from single mother households.

"Hyper feminized men are simply victims of their environment, whether it be a household headed by a single mother or just an area devoid of any masculinity. You can find a lot of these men in places where "PC" culture thrives (a huge percentage of the anglosphere)."

i wasn't saying it was literally copied from somewhere else..

i'm just saying, his vocabulary and perspective that would indicate he is immersed in the PUA/blog worldview, and takes it too seriously.

i guess the flip side of that is how many men are totally unaware of this world view, and take the Disney Channel / mainstream view (Be All the Beta You can Be!) way too seriously.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:33 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,241,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I've always said that feminism heavily contributes to misandry. While they're not the only problem, other men are also the problem. A YouTuber posted a video, classifying these men into 4 different groups.

White Knights - They support misandric practices and always side with women all the time. Good examples are Dr. Phil, Barack Obama, and Joe VAWA Biden.

Feminized men - These types are pro-feminine and want to be women.

Married men - Not talking about all married men. But there's one type that shames single men for being single, asking why they aren't in a relationship. If a couple's having issues, the married men always side with the stranger's wife. And some of these married men will shame any random man just to front for his wife.

Elite men - The last that's a known problem to anybody are the elite men. These guys can literally cause the course of your life. They're the ones in positions of power. They're very manipulative in politics. They alienated everyone. Black, white, Asian, Jews, Christians, atheists, men, straights, gays, and even women.

The YouTuber was pretty deep in his classifications on these types of men that are a deep threat to normal men.
Well, this is really just a bunch of nonsensical baloney.

What's a normal man? Someone who sits around in his wife beaters watching ESPN every night?

Guys like the one of whom you speak are really kind of pathetic. They need this huge pseudo-philosophical framework to justify why they can't get laid. What they're really saying is, "Why can't I get to do precisely what I want when I want in the way I want it?" This is being a child, not a man.

Here's the deal. If you're a guy who is responsible for himself, takes good care of himself and his appearances, is considerate of others, behaves as if youre not the center of the universe, and has a backbone, you will have no problem finding women in life, whether you're a high-priced corporate attorney or a bricklayer. Because that means you're a man, not some whiny guy who needs to spin some fantasy archetypes out of thin air as some kind of lame rationalization for his inherent failure as a person.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:38 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,072,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post

Guys like the one of whom you speak are really kind of pathetic. They need this huge pseudo-philosophical framework to justify why they can't get laid.
^^ Nail head, meet hammer.

Last edited by JerZ; 02-29-2012 at 08:46 AM..

Old 02-29-2012, 08:46 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,059,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
fem·i·nism (fm-nzm)
n. 1. Belief in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.
2. The movement organized around this belief.

feminism - definition of feminism by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

No, I think you're wrong. Something that insists both sexes are equal cannot possibly contribute to hatred of one of the sexes. Not in and of itself, anyway. To the extent that rain doesn't dry things, feminism doesn't contribute to intolerance or hatred. EXTREME "feminism", maybe. But that wouldn't be feminism at all, would it?
The problem comes with trying to reconcile the dictionary definition of "feminism" with the apparent political and social agenda of modern feminists. A lot of women and men hold to the naive belief that the current strain of feminism is exactly as you've defined it: a movement designed to promote the equal status of both sexes. There was a time when feminism actually met that definition, and prospered as a result.

Today, in the best of cases, feminism focuses very narrowly on advancing the economic and social interests of professional-class white women. Within its more radical elements; there is an undeniable strain of anti-male rhetoric which advances no one, and creates a cultural barrier which makes it impossible for women and men to ever become allies in fighting the stereotypes and discrimination we all face within various aspects of our society. I suspect this is also why fewer and fewer women are willing to identify as feminists.

I do think there are well-meaning people who call themselves "feminists" because they adhere to the noble beliefs historically promoted by feminism. I have absolute respect for the sincerity of those women and men, even though I think they are being manipulated by a less altruistic, and more politically motivated group.

I look forward to seeing feminism reclaim its historical role as a legitimate civil rights movement, and as a force for achieving true gender equality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships