Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2012, 08:18 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,161,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
As misandric as that show is, the only reason I watch it because I love hearing "You are NOT the father!" That's the only reason.
Just record a clip of that phrase and replay it over and over again....

Old 02-28-2012, 08:20 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,072,386 times
Quote:

I'm saying any man who literally shames other men or lets women get away with their crimes are indeed misandrists.
I'm a woman and I'd "shame" a woman I thought to be severely in the wrong, in a heartbeat. Am I misogynist?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the definition of "misandrist" I'm getting from your comments is "Anyone who opposes a man, no matter what he says or does and no matter how logical that opposition is."

Seriously, WoE?

Or do you believe hit it and quit it dads should just be left alone to hit it and quit it again, and are by no means to be judged? If these boys' fathers had told them to man up and take care of their responsibilities, would they, too, be misandrists?

Anyone who tells any man who's doing something wrong, that he is doing something wrong, is a misandrist... You learn something new every day.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
As misandric as that show is, the only reason I watch it because I love hearing "You are NOT the father!" That's the only reason.
Why do you watch these shows, WoE? Just curious. I don't quite believe your quick backpedal answer above. From your general attitude (at least on here) I'd think you're quite immersed in such Hollywood horror fantasy, and believe it is representative of people in general. That would certainly explain some of your beliefs.

Turn off the TV and meet a real woman to see what real women are like.

Or should I listen to a lot of rap music and assume that's what all real men are like?

Old 02-28-2012, 08:21 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,228,373 times
Quote:
And you believe it's real, correct? geeze louise. Do you actually know people like that in your life?

I had a friend that was on Jerry Springer many moons ago. I wish I could remember the name of the episode. He was playing a fill in guy for a cougar relationship - his buddy's mom or some such thing. He was hired out. But, don't let me ruin any fantasies you guys have going about day-time reality tv.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:23 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,069,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'm a woman and I'd "shame" a woman I thought to be severely in the wrong, in a heartbeat. Am I misogynist?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the definition of "misandrist" I'm getting from your comments is "Anyone who opposes a man, no matter what he says or does and no matter how logical that opposition is."

Seriously, WoE?

Or do you believe hit it and quit it dads should just be left alone to hit it and quit it again, and are by no means to be judged? If these boys' fathers had told them to man up and take care of their responsibilities, would they, too, be misandrists?

Anyone who tells any man who's doing something wrong, that he is doing something wrong, is a misandrist... You learn something new every day.
Well if anyone shames anyone (man or woman), than they're not sexist. But if they're shaming one gender only, then yes that it sexist or self-hating.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:23 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,228,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Just record a clip of that phrase and replay it over and over again....
Yea, I can see so many guys on this forum doing that, but using headphones.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:25 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,069,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
And you believe it's real, correct? geeze louise. Do you actually know people like that in your life?

I had a friend that was on Jerry Springer many moons ago. I wish I could remember the name of the episode. He was playing a fill in guy for a cougar relationship - his buddy's mom or some such thing. He was hired out. But, don't let me ruin any fantasies you guys have going about day-time reality tv.
I don't know if the show's real or not. I just find some of the show's segments and moments entertaining.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Sure but imagine the outcry if it was the opposite. Just because it's profitable doesn't make it right.
Since when does "an outcry" stop anything? Trust me, there was an outcry and more (and continues to be) against, for example, "adult" magazines that show women in every position possible so they can pay the rent. When something has an audience, it stays, and that's true for both media that portrays men incorrectly, as it is about media that portrays women incorrectly. Yet it's misandry when it's men in question, and not misogyny when it's women in question...? Huh?

Also, by the way...who says there wouldn't be an outcry if there were shows about women who abandoned and/or denied any genetic attachment to their children? I mean...seriously????

Trimac, come out of your box and look at the real world for 5 minutes.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:28 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,418,107 times
Quote:
I also like to add the fact if a man has a high volume of female friends, more than likely he will slam his own gender.
Very weird...agreed...especially the guy whose "best man" was a woman. No real male friends to be his "best man" at his wedding. One time, in an office setting, 4 or so guys were talking about "life" and the subject turned to NSA sex...this guy got up and left, saying "men are pigs." Maybe he's in denial that there are shows like "Sex and the City."

Old 02-28-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Well if anyone shames anyone (man or woman), than they're not sexist. But if they're shaming one gender only, then yes that it sexist or self-hating.
How can you not just shame ONE gender when you're talking specifically about fathers?

Oh help me. Signing off for now, folks, some people really don't live in a fair and logical world...because they don't want to. It's easier to attempt to gain pity by continuously playing the victim. If that's someone's tactic, who am I to say? I'll leave ya to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships