Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Men, would you date an "earthy" woman?
Sure, I think they are equally attractive as "non-earthy" women 29 50.00%
Only if it's real "toned down" - not all the attributes are present 9 15.52%
Not sure 5 8.62%
No thanks 15 25.86%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 12:45 PM

14,724 posts, read 33,447,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
We've had some Great Fun Times at the hot springs close to Mono Lake...
In Oregon, where you live, this is the "gold standard," while most of the people go to ones sponsored by the US Forest Service.

Breitenbush Hot Springs - A Place to Bring Life Into Balance

Check out Activities under Photo Gallery. Stereotype away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 01:15 PM

17,653 posts, read 22,727,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
In Oregon, where you live, this is the "gold standard," while most of the people go to ones sponsored by the US Forest Service.

Breitenbush Hot Springs - A Place to Bring Life Into Balance

Check out Activities under Photo Gallery. Stereotype away.
I've heard of these springs.

We found some close to Diamond Lake.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:39 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,317,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
When I see women like this...

my intuition screams danger, bs approaching.

Unfortunately, I work in an industry where I attract lots (tons) of these women. I can't front the type of girls I love are more likely to be dancing to "rack city" and have no clue between the difference of 7/8 and 4/4 time signatures (which can be a blessing at times).

It isn't bad but when it is, it's incredibly overwhelming.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
When I see women like this...

my intuition screams danger, bs approaching.
There was a non-chain coffeehouse near work where I would go every once in a while for a cup of coffee. (More expensive than Starbucks and not worth it, but closer by on foot).

It was staffed by women like that, and their male counterparts. It was interesting watching their behavior as they helped people in line at the counter. Better service was extended to their "own kind" and cavalier service was extended to "suits" (ALL "suits").

I used to joke that their motto ought to be "come for the coffee, stay for the herpes."

My co-workers would roll their eyes and LAUGH.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 03-08-2012 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: to emphasize that people can LAUGH at stereotypes

Old 03-08-2012, 02:55 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,242,164 times
Quote:
There was a non-chain coffeehouse near work where I would go every once in a while for a cup of coffee. (More expensive than Starbucks and not worth it, but closer by on foot).

It was staffed by women like that, and their male counterparts. It was interesting watching their behavior as they helped people in line at the counter. Better service was extended to their "own kind" and cavalier service was extended to "suits" (ALL "suits").

I used to joke that their motto ought to be "come for the coffee, stay for the herpes."

My co-workers would roll their eyes and LAUGH.
And how is this different than people snobby people getting better treatment at snobby restaurants?

Did an earthy girl break your heart or something? It's just hard to understand where all this animosity is coming from. If you don't like the behavior of a certain group of people - stooping to their level doesn't make you better than them - it makes you just like them. Food for thought.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:58 PM

29,781 posts, read 34,571,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
And how is this different than people snobby people getting better treatment at snobby restaurants?

Did an earthy girl break your heart or something? It's just hard to understand where all this animosity is coming from. If you don't like the behavior of a certain group of people - stooping to their level doesn't make you better than them - it makes you just like them. Food for thought.
That's what confuses me, too. If the OP doesn't like earthy women, that's fine, live and let live, etc. But he seems to be really upset that 65% of the responses to his poll are "yes" or "probably" in favor of dating these women, and he also seems confused that these earthy women are out there living their lives without caring that they're not attractive to him. It's okay for him to stereotype these people, and anyone who disagrees with him gets dismissed.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That's what confuses me, too. If the OP doesn't like earthy women, that's fine, live and let live, etc. But he seems to be really upset that 65% of the responses to his poll are "yes" or "probably" in favor of dating these women, and he also seems confused that these earthy women are out there living their lives without caring that they're not attractive to him.
It seems he won't be happy until 100% of us all proclaim "earthy" women to be the lowliest people on the face of the earth. Sorry to burst your bubble - some of us don't dislike whole groups of people. Some of us base things on each individual person and don't take pleasure in negatively stereotyping people.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post

Did an earthy girl break your heart or something?
I'll give you this! Snobby people are detestable. I've bashed "phonies" and "elitists" on this sub-forum, though on other threads.

Earthy girl breaking my heart? Doubtful. Another post said they stay away from "suits" with a 10 foot pole. Double or triple that for me. Couldn't even minimally relate to the surfer chicks with bad grades and patchouli oil as a teenager. Correspondingly, I had no problems with the smart ones that were reasonably attractive and had no political/lifestyle statements to make.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That's what confuses me, too. If the OP doesn't like earthy women, that's fine, live and let live, etc. But he seems to be really upset that 65% of the responses to his poll are "yes" or "probably" in favor of dating these women
I think I used the word "surprised," not upset.

It's just that it's the same predictable few that are indignant that I would even come up with such an appellation, perhaps because it strikes a chord.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
I'll give you this! Snobby people are detestable. I've bashed "phonies" and "elitists" on this sub-forum, though on other threads.

Earthy girl breaking my heart? Doubtful. Another post said they stay away from "suits" with a 10 foot pole. Double or triple that for me. Couldn't even minimally relate to the surfer chicks with bad grades and patchouli oil as a teenager. Correspondingly, I had no problems with the smart ones that were reasonably attractive and had no political/lifestyle statements to make.
Yeah - that poster was me. And I didn't say that - I said I'm sure there are some or many that do that.

It seems you are trying to create some sort of class war. Good luck with that!

Oh - and usually people don't get so worked up about people that they have no interest in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships