Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 10:51 PM

249 posts, read 804,223 times

Advertisements

When I was 14 I discovered boys. But it was the 'cheerleader' types that got all the attention.

Then I learned that boys like pie. I had my Mom teach me to bake a pie.

That's not symetrical, that's convoluted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 10:57 PM

2 posts, read 2,285 times
Cool Looking within

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
I get the impression this is all from the mind of someone young, very inexperienced, with way too much time on their hands.
i speak out with my Heart with Peoms from inside out showing Compassion

Old 03-04-2012, 11:14 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,597,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Get some gumption and ask a girl out.
Insighful....I'm not sure I believe the threads intent isn't personally motivated either. Then again, he does seem to know some psychology and sociology. Perhaps its for studies. So, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:18 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,766,616 times
That's a good question, something I don't think I really considered at the time. I will say that I had spent years hearing women complain about how men only thought about sex, never wanted to just cuddle or enjoy each other's company, etc. That made an impression on me. So by the time I finally got a girlfriend, I was under the impression that girls weren't especially interested in the physical aspects of a relationship. My first girlfriend proceeded to dump me because I wasn't physical enough for her, and she didn't bother to mention this until the day she dumped me. After some more trial and error, and subsequent failure, I finally concluded that I simply didn't understand the way other peoples' brains work. And I still haven't figured that out.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:07 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,026,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Insighful....I'm not sure I believe the threads intent isn't personally motivated either. Then again, he does seem to know some psychology and sociology. Perhaps its for studies. So, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
The OP also seems to know a thing or two about zoology too, which he has referenced at least a few times.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:09 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,686,515 times
Yes I did. I also thought that whenever you liked a person they always liked you back. lol How naive.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:12 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,471,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I thought it was about symmetry in the sense of the face. On the discovery channel it had more men and women who had a lined up face attracted more mates.
I broke my nose 4 times from my senior year of high school until my 3rd year of university. Oh bother, I'm ugly.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:14 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,471,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelita189 View Post
When I was 14 I discovered boys. But it was the 'cheerleader' types that got all the attention.

Then I learned that boys like pie. I had my Mom teach me to bake a pie.

That's not symetrical, that's convoluted.

I don't know if this post is literal or figurative. On one hand you have an "all boys like pie" quote. But, then she had her mom teach her how to make pie? M

That's gross.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:30 PM

409 posts, read 498,738 times
Yea..still do at age 20. I mean, there should be some symmetry in the appearances and attractiveness of both parties. I mean, confidence or personality doesn't mean s**t if you just aren't attracted to the opposite party. I mean take me for example, a 5 on a good day...if I had "confidence" I'll just look like a douche and/or a person who doesn't know my place. At the very least, with classes, volunteering, P/T job I don't really think about this stuff unless I'm watching anime and playing dating sims (and/or eroge).

Old 03-07-2012, 08:22 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,710,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post

I don't know if this post is literal or figurative. On one hand you have an "all boys like pie" quote. But, then she had her mom teach her how to make pie? M

That's gross.
who the **** doesn't like pie?! if a chick came up to me and offered me a pie, any pie, could be blueberry or cherry or pecan or pumpkin or sweet potato, she'd be getting a call asking for a date posthaste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships