Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 03:39 PM

649 posts, read 1,134,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
When I met my husband, I was out with a friend at a local bar. Wasn't "looking" to meet anyone. A friend of mine also knew my husband and introduced us. He would come over and chat with me and my friend or strike up a conversation at the juke box. I played it cool as though I wasn't interested. We ended up talking a lot that evening and he drove me home. That was 18 years ago. I think sometimes when we don't try so hard, or even at all, that's when find someone.

So, what happened with you and the girl? Are you still together?
ended up being short term, fun while it lasted though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 03:44 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,195,787 times
More times than I can count and I was smart enough to recognize the uniqueness of each individual/situation. The encounters always proved to become a great time for all and for varying lengths of time. I smile thinking back but who knows when the next will be?

Old 03-06-2012, 03:47 PM

649 posts, read 1,134,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I met my husband while I was engaged to someone else. I can say for certain that I was not looking!
(that's a story for another thread? lol)

Old 03-06-2012, 03:48 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,814,747 times
I went to a party hosted by a good friend. I was there only to have fun. One of my friends alerted me that the man across the room was watching my every move. At that point, I cut out some of the silliness. He came over to talk and we talked for a while and exchanged numbers. He called the next day and came to visit me two hours away. A year or so later, my job took me to to area and we continued to talk off and on. Strangely enough, after a year, a woman and her baby moved into the apartment next door. We became freinds. I noted that the baby looked a lot like the man that I had met at the party. Eventually, he told me that the child was his and I cut my contacts with him. The child's mother and I are still very good friends. All of us are still friends. I only told her that I met her child's dad at a party. I never told her the whole story because he was fun to be with, but not for a long term relationship. Small, small world.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:13 PM

85 posts, read 139,211 times
I've never really "looked" for someone and that's never stopped me from meeting men. I think that's part of the reason I've never had trouble meeting them, I come across like I don't care and they like it. I met my husband while I was minding my own business and he approached me.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:35 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,824,949 times
I met a former boyfriend through YouTube. He happened to see a post I'd made on a channel he was subscribed to, went to my channel, saw a vlog I'd done, and we began exchanging (friendly) messages. Ended up in a VERY long-distance relationship, on opposite hemispheres! Lasted around 2 years, but was a very exciting time.

Met my current boyfriend at a time I guess you could say I wasn't looking... The day after I cancelled my membership to Match.com (after just a few days into my membership), I got a message from him. He noticed I'd "favorited" his profile, and wrote me a message that was so funny and charming that I had to write him right back. I didn't realize he'd even be notified that he was a favorite.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:18 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,930,079 times
^^^You posted how you are using online dating sites/photos etc....earlier this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
That's the only way I ever met anyone.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:20 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,174,352 times
This happened to me Saturday after work! No joke! Saw her Sunday and today again. After all my posts saying I was a bit lonely its a great thing....

Old 03-06-2012, 05:22 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,824,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
^^^You posted how you are using online dating sites/photos etc....earlier this week.
You were pointing at my post, but quoting lamplight... I'm confused!

If it was for me, yes, I said I met my current SO on Match. And that's what I posted above, as well.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:27 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,518,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidArizona View Post
I remember once outside a public library a pretty girl asking me to borrow my phone cuz her cell died. After she used it, I made a crack to the effect "should I delete your number from outgoing calls or start stalkerishly texting you", to which she replied she wouldn't mind talking to me and we exchanged names and chit chatted a bit, later got together. It was blind luck, her battery died, she was waiting on a ride, and I was the next schlemiel walking out of the building. I didn't really have some great swagger, or "lines" and wasn't particulary dressed up. Anybody else have similar anecdotes?
Many times. I usually end up getting a BJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships