Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 11:25 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
It's not common. I would say based on my experiences, less than 5% of women have that kind of fantasy and then only half of them will ever try to do something like that with boyfriend.
I would say it was easily over 50%. It's gotten to the point that I expect women to bring it up.. not the full blown "rape fantasy" in a hotel room, but definitely that they like being choked, held down, and made to feel like it's nonconsentual, within limits. Maybe I just attract certain types?

Last edited by le roi; 03-08-2012 at 11:35 AM..

Old 03-08-2012, 11:36 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
I've been with women who enjoy this. While I don't mind a little rough play and compromise, there are limits. Me personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable going so far as to putting on a mask and pretending to break into her apartment while she's asleep and rape her. It's too close to the real thing and I would have trouble separating the fantasy from something I have very strong objections over. You are either comfortable with it or you aren't. Whether or not three weeks is too soon is for you to decide. There are people who know one another for two days and they are off getting married, so each couple has to figure out their own boundaries.

The fantasy is fairly common and I wouldn't assume she's bugshyt crazy based solely on that fantasy. I've heard worse fantasies than that and some people are into levels of kink that you couldn't even discuss on this forum.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:45 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
I guess I shouldn't feel appalled by how people would just jump out and pass judgement without even willing to do any kind of research before opening their mouths, which actually makes me truly bizarre.

"From 1973 through 2008, nine surveys of women's rape fantasies have been published. They show that about four in 10 women admit having them (31 to 57 percent) with a median frequency of about once a month. Actual prevalence of rape fantasies is probably higher because women may not feel comfortable admitting them.
For the latest report (Bivona, J. and J. Critelli. "The Nature of Women's Rape Fantasies: An Analysis of Prevalence, Frequency, and Contents," Journal of Sex Research (2009) 46:33), psychologists at North Texas University asked 355 college women: How often have you fantasized being overpowered/forced/raped by a man/woman to have oral/vaginal/anal sex against your will?
Sixty-two percent said they'd had at least one such fantasy. But responses varied depending on the terminology used. When asked about being "overpowered by a man," 52 percent said they'd had that fantasy, the situation most typically depicted in women's romance fiction. But when the term was "rape," only 32 percent said they'd had the fantasy. These findings are in the same ballpark as previous reports."

Old 03-08-2012, 11:55 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I would say it was easily over 50%. It's gotten to the point that I expect women to bring it up.. not the full blown "rape fantasy" in a hotel room, but definitely that they like being choked, held down, and made to feel like it's nonconsentual, within limits. Maybe I just attract certain types?
Well that's the difference.

Full-On Rape Fantasy (with Breaking and Entering) in a Rented Hotel Room vs. Dominant Sex in Your Bedroom.

In my experience many women do enjoy the occasional rough/forced sex as long as it's appropriately timed.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Well that's the difference.

Full-On Rape Fantasy (with Breaking and Entering) in a Rented Hotel Room vs. Dominant Sex in Your Bedroom.

In my experience many women do enjoy the occasional rough/forced sex as long as it's appropriately timed.
i don't see any fundamental difference about what room it takes place in.. one just goes further in making it seem real.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:06 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,349 times
I think it may be a set up, why rent a room? How about it being done at her own place? I wouldn't do it.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:06 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i don't see any fundamental difference about what room it takes place in.. one just goes further in making it seem real.
Do you see a fundamental difference between dominant sex and a rape fantasy?

Old 03-08-2012, 12:07 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Third is this girl crazy? Does this mean she has been sexually abused before? The fact that she's willing to discuss and request this type of fantasy at 3 weeks does make me curious considering it's a "taboo topic."
Gotta agree with this one. You should just wait a little longer before letting your freak flag fly.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Do you see a fundamental difference between dominant sex and a rape fantasy?
nope, just two points along the same continuum. Rape fantasy is a type of dominant sex.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:17 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
When I hear this term, I always think of a bored suburbanite, filing away on her emery board, whose got a dweeby, or even normal, suit husband and thinks about being "taken" by the telephone repair man or similar blue-collar guy. LOL. Sort of a cover on one of those romance novels, except the husband is "hidden."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships