Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 12:29 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Everything these days is creepy. Why approach at all in that case?

It would have killed the creepy factor had he actually approached her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 12:41 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,387,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
its a numbers game bro
Very true.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:45 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
OP, if you are not going up to the women, you are just not that interested or else you would. There is nothing wrong with not striking a convo with every person you see. Even horndogs don't talk to all the women, especially since once they are sexually satisfied, they no longer have the desire to meet more women. You would have to be a sex addict to just keep talking to all the women you see. JMHO.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:53 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
OP, if you are not going up to the women, you are just not that interested or else you would. There is nothing wrong with not striking a convo with every person you see. Even horndogs don't talk to all the women, especially since once they are sexually satisfied, they no longer have the desire to meet more women. You would have to be a sex addict to just keep talking to all the women you see. JMHO.

I would say that it is less about not being interested in them and more about just not caring to actually get up and go talk to them. I'm interested in every good looking girl I see :P

I haven't been with any women since I broke up with my girlfriend and now I am starting to get bored of not being laid, I just want to pick up hot girls, preferably with no strings attached unless someone really good comes around.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:01 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Do most people who are successful with women just approach every good looking woman they see without even thinking twice about it?
Eeeuuu -- gross. I would hope that the women would pick up on that behavior and avoid such a person like the sleeze they would be. Would you like to be approached by such a "player"?

As a young woman, I met a lot of men in the course of my life and was never attracted to the players. I had my chances -- all women do, but gave them a wide distance. I was very attracted to men that were doing things that were interesting, or were interested in what I was doing.

Shared interests are the basis of a new relationship, not fancy footwork and smooth approaches.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:05 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Eeeuuu -- gross. I would hope that the women would pick up on that behavior and avoid such a person like the sleeze they would be. Would you like to be approached by such a "player"?

As a young woman, I met a lot of men in the course of my life and was never attracted to the players. I had my chances -- all women do, but gave them a wide distance. I was very attracted to men that were doing things that were interesting, or were interested in what I was doing.

Shared interests are the basis of a new relationship, not fancy footwork and smooth approaches.

How would you know if you have anything in common with the person if they never approach you in the first place?

I'm not talking about taking home every woman you see, I'm talking about going up and meeting a good looking girl that you see. If you have something in common, good.. if not then oh well.

That's not being a player though.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:05 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
If the women regulars had their way, men would approach women all the time, until their face got so red from being slapped that they couldn't go out in public.

Women are finding that men are no longer providing enough opportunities for ego boosts and want us to change before they need to take anti-depressants.
If you don't get a "good read," and quickly, don't waste your time and don't provide the ego boost. Listen to Tom Leykis. He says that, with the passage of time, your "stock value" goes up and theirs goes down. He is inflammatory, because what he says is real and it's a message the American female population doesn't want to hear.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:08 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
If you don't get a "good read," and quickly, don't waste your time and don't provide the ego boost. Listen to Tom Leykis. He says that, with the passage of time, your "stock value" goes up and theirs goes down. He is inflammatory, because what he says is real and it's a message the American female population doesn't want to hear.
I have to "spread the rep around" but here's an eternal + for mentioning thy holy father leykis (4.1.12!).

Old 03-24-2012, 01:13 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
OP: you seem like an intelligent guy. I think the smooth approach works for few and it's kind of "schlocky." Go with the "something in common" approach.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:03 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
It would have killed the creepy factor had he actually approached her.
I did approach her. She was sitting by the door on the way out. And NO!!! She didn't think I was creepy. She looked at me at least three times and smiled. She didn't mind I was looking at her. Our eyes met a few times or two! Did she want a Love Potion Number 9? Prowly NOT! *Says sitting in my black leather jacket, black pocket t-shirt, a pair of Levi's 505s, Bass boat deck shoes, and a Ford Super Duty Est 1903 baseball cap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships