Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2012, 05:26 PM

199 posts, read 300,928 times

Advertisements

So tomorrow night she and a co-worker are going out tomorrow to celebrate her co-worker's birthday. She wants me to come out.

Do I fess up and tell her what I think? Ah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 06:58 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
So tomorrow night she and a co-worker are going out tomorrow to celebrate her co-worker's birthday. She wants me to come out.

Do I fess up and tell her what I think? Ah!
You say, "I'm glad you invited me along. This is great. I'm glad to see you again after you went away."

Then at the end of the evening, you casually say, "So, when do you want to get together again?" Or if you have something in mind, like a specific movie or event, you ask her if she'd like to do that. Then when the two of you are alone, you can say something like "I really like being with you. I hope we can still see each other after your move. What are your plans?" And see how she reacts. Take your cue from that. If it goes well, at some point you can take her hand when you two are walking.

There's another thread on here where people are discussing that bursting out with a huge declaration of love might scare a woman. The gradual build-up is better. It sounds like things are going well, actually. Considering that nothing big is really going on. Maybe your luck is turning.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You say, "I'm glad you invited me along. This is great. I'm glad to see you again after you went away."

Then at the end of the evening, you casually say, "So, when do you want to get together again?" Or if you have something in mind, like a specific movie or event, you ask her if she'd like to do that. Then when the two of you are alone, you can say something like "I really like being with you. I hope we can still see each other after your move. What are your plans?" And see how she reacts. Take your cue from that. If it goes well, at some point you can take her hand when you two are walking.

There's another thread on here where people are discussing that bursting out with a huge declaration of love might scare a woman. The gradual build-up is better. It sounds like things are going well, actually. Considering that nothing big is really going on. Maybe your luck is turning.
Good points.

Pretty sure she'd laugh at me if I "confessed my love" or some weird stuff like that to her, just because I've never talked about that around her haha. Don't really know if my luck is turning. Nothing really 'positive' has happened. That could be my part since I haven't really done anything to SHOW her how I'm into her. She IS still moving too..

Old 04-26-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Good points.

Pretty sure she'd laugh at me if I "confessed my love" or some weird stuff like that to her, just because I've never talked about that around her haha. Don't really know if my luck is turning. Nothing really 'positive' has happened. That could be my part since I haven't really done anything to SHOW her how I'm into her. She IS still moving too..
But she invited you to a party, that's a sign. And you say nothing "positive" has happened. She's showing you she's into you. Isn't that positive?

Old 04-28-2012, 12:19 AM

GAH DAMNIT!!!!!!!!

I SUCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!

CHOKE MASTER RIGHT HERE. WTF IS WRONG WITH ME?

"Good night, see ya later." What the hell is WRONG with me. GODDDDDDDDDDDDD...

Old 04-28-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
GAH DAMNIT!!!!!!!!

I SUCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!

LOL!! ^_^ Don't worry, you're normal! So text her, and say how much you enjoyed the evening, and ask her when she wants to get together again.

haha! Don't beat yourself up. Normal teen angst. Just keep moving fwd.

Look, the fact that she asked you out means you're luck with women is no longer awful. You've progressed beyond the title of your OP.
The reason the "good night" was so...meh...was that you haven't even held her hand yet, so you couldn't bring yourself to kiss her. It's ok. But did you tell her at some point in the evening you were glad to see her, and you kinda missed her while she was away? If not, text here now.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:20 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
The best way to attract women is to not give a f&ck.... I don't mean be nasty or mean, but just be casual......

Old 04-28-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The best way to attract women is to not give a f&ck.... I don't mean be nasty or mean, but just be casual......
I agree. But I think our poor OP has already had months of casual, and would like to move it along, at least a little. But at least now he knows she's into him (which he didn't know when he started the thread), because she asked him out. So that gives him the green light to take the next step.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:19 PM

46 posts, read 102,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzJackRabbit View Post
You clearly like this girl. So what are you waiting for? Just ask her already. If it works out, you'll be happy. If it doesn't work out, such is life, but at least you tried. The worst you can do is not ask her out and then double guess the next few years what could have happened if you did. So stop worrying and go for it.

Sheeeesh...

Old 04-28-2012, 11:35 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,068,800 times
Quote:
GAH DAMNIT!!!!!!!!

I SUCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!

lol Next time make sure to hit the bar early at the party. Takes the edge off.

Don't fret. It's hard when it's someone you really care about.

I'd say two shots is the magic number for "courage juice". Just enough to take the edge off, not enough to make you stupid.

Man at this point though I'd call her if you have to. Work out your ideas beforehand and just get it done and off your chest. Probably shouldn't drink before doing it via phone though. I don't advocate drinking and dialing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships