Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2008, 02:09 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Dear ChicagoRon

Take a deeeeeep breath

Ready........ here he is

Old 11-08-2008, 02:10 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
As far as black women, the lack of physical attraction is mutual for the most part. Make no mistake about that.
Thank you for your honestly. And I take no offense at all for that observation.

A lot of Asian men are shorter and skinnier compared to other races. Watch that movie Lost in Translation that was filmed in Japan. Bill Murray was a giant over there. Even the shower nozzles in the hotel were mounted lower on the wall.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:12 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
i tried but it did not work out, i was too emotional.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:13 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Gee beowulf7... getting violent are we? As if violence ever solved anything... might doesn't make right.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:14 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Gee beowulf7... getting violent are we? As if violence ever solved anything... might doesn't make right.
Chill out, it's a joke following up on MLV's post.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:32 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,918,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Perhaps he needs to come to Houston, or go abroad. When I was going to the University of Houston, I knew a few blackmen/asian women couples and I dated a number of Asian women.

When you are in a particular location and the females are not going for your game, you need to travel elsewhere, I think Houston would be better for him, if he wants to travel outside the country, he could go to Europe, Japan or the Philippines.
From being on the East Coast for about 20/21 years of my life and seeing how 95% of the places are predominantly populated by people like citizen_of_us and others who make a f**ing national case of me wanting to be w/ someone regardless of skin color while not saying sh*t to the most degenerate of white guys about satisifying some ethnic fetish, I'm beyond ready to move out West. And fyi, Houston and Austin are definitely on the list of cities where I hope to finally get the chance to actually live my life w/o excessive resistance from arrogant, anal, preppy, Guidoish, ghetto, covert-racist, and materialistic people. As for international travel, I'll have to build a bigger financial cushion for that, but it's definitely in my plans.

But to you, thanks for the insight of how it really is in the "Texas of 2008" instead of how these yanks paint the state as the backwater Neo-Confederate racists-plagued hellhole of the 1950s (which IMO, is more accurate to describe how the states these yanks praise are like - w/o the Neo-Confederate part).

Old 11-08-2008, 03:35 PM

18 posts, read 77,950 times
I don't think we're generalizing here, again we're talking about big trends in the Asian American community. No one's arguing that there are exceptions to the mainstream, but we have to look at the bigger trend, which is clearly that Asians are attracted to Asians. Some of you people out there may have a hard time swallowing this but this is the reality, just go to the Asian American community and observe, even as an outsider you would find this to be true if you do not color your judgement.

why is it so hard for some of you people out there to accept this? why this make-believe that you (blacks) are attractive to Asians? I hope it's not your huge egos as a black race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenofsix View Post
I'm asian and have found quite a few of them attractive. You shouldn't generalize all asian guys like that.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:53 PM

18 posts, read 77,950 times
your response is exactly why many people of many races are disturbed by blacks (the males mostly). you can't carry on a rational discussion, or reason, the minute you hear the truth, your explode, either labeling others as "racist", "prejudiced", etc. etc. you don't accept the reality of why you guys are that way.

in an earlier post, you trashed your own black women for only loving "thugs", well from what i see in your post, i can't really differentiate.

but here's the thing, your excuse of your own black women not being good enough for you doesn't fly. that's why black men are despised on average because you leave your own women behind and don't care for them. you basically have no loyalty for your own kind. this is the dysfunction that you must confront and search your soul about: take some responsibility for your own race guys.

just admit that you just love the white and Asian women because they're more beautiful (at least to you blacks), and more desirable because of their light skin and features. be man enough to admit that. a lot of American blacks have Caucasian facial features and are lighter than the "real" black people in Africa. that's because you have mixed blood with the white people. this explains why some (very few) white and Asian men sometimes think that Beyonce, Halle Berry, etc. are pretty. but let's face it, without at least some of the Caucasian blood and features do you really believe that other races are attracted to the blacks?

be strong for your race, and maintain your dignity and pride, believe in your own racial identity, instead of trying to flee from that responsibility to your race and trying to get "play" from females of other races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
From being on the East Coast for about 20/21 years of my life and seeing how 95% of the places are predominantly populated by people like citizen_of_us and others who make a f**ing national case of me wanting to be w/ someone regardless of skin color while not saying sh*t to the most degenerate of white guys about satisifying some ethnic fetish, I'm beyond ready to move out West. And fyi, Houston and Austin are definitely on the list of cities where I hope to finally get the chance to actually live my life w/o excessive resistance from arrogant, anal, preppy, Guidoish, ghetto, covert-racist, and materialistic people. As for international travel, I'll have to build a bigger financial cushion for that, but it's definitely in my plans.

But to you, thanks for the insight of how it really is in the "Texas of 2008" instead of how these yanks paint the state as the backwater Neo-Confederate racists-plagued hellhole of the 1950s (which IMO, is more accurate to describe how the states these yanks praise are like - w/o the Neo-Confederate part).

Old 11-08-2008, 07:14 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,733 times
Default NO, but it brings up issues that are deeper than the surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
So the majority of the AA community is fine and dandy and without issues? Please... so all that stuff about gang violence, unwed moms, single dads and high school dropouts is all made up? Great.

NO, NO, NO! Let me assure you that gang violence, the curse of fatherlessness in our community, never-married women with kids by different men, men with different kids by different women and they aren't active in their children's lives, aversion or apathy toward high standard of intellectual achievement by too many Black students-their parent(s) or guardian, and criminal behavior that peppers our community is NOT made up by the media NOR are the majority of us FINE with how things are. But with so many battles to fight nonstop the effects of this racial warfare takes its' toll on the pysche so some just gave up. Overall it has "mentally devastated" Black people. Others preserve their sanity but not focusing on all the negatives especially when there are so many to deal with so they just focus on their personal positives and almost literally block out any negative aspect of the culture that doesn't line up with the way we prefer to see our image as a people.

It's way too complicated to get into on a message board. These facts are well documented in libraries and archives all over the country but I'd basically have to write an entire thesis on the internal affects which is the pyschological effects and post-traumatic syndrome Blacks are STILL experiencing from 400 years of slavery, to virulant systematic racism that emerged immediately after the emancipation 1865 onwards to 1968 when Blacks could be or were attacked both verbally and physically at any time from any direction for any reason by lynch mobs and/or klansmen who happened to be bored so they did it simply for kicks and giggles. This was with the implicit consent and approval of law-enforcement, who were in many cases apart of the mob, and the overall White population in general in these areas. Not every White person joined in or approved but they too could be hurt or killed if they publicly spoke against it.

Simultaneously there has been generations of constant mocking and/or dehumanization of Blacks in the entertainment and media (Black-face actors and comedians) even before tv was invented. After tv, the most ignorant or pathetic Black persons were usually showcased and given the most media attention. This served to not only relieve one of guilt since they could show they were only treatly people inhumanely who were lowlife anyway but this also provided to the world a "mascot" to which one should associate Black people. Even today any Black person who doesn't look or act quote unquote BLACK meaning the mascot is not the "norm", must be some type of mutant or anomaly so throw them behind you and dig deeper dig deeper it won't be long until you hit the mascot type. The worse part of this is not that the world believed it as true but some Black people believed it too which is why they don't carry themselves (or raise their children) with a higher sense of purpose and worth as a human. This is why sub-standard is more acceptable in many aspects of Black life while these things are not considered as important: Speaking articulately, high grades on report card, college preparatory classes (especially for boys), maintaining neighborhood to a degree that property values soars upward, public behavior of not using profanity and vulgar language, not speaking loudly in public, not being vigilant to control personal health issues (diabetes, obesity), and treating one's body disrespectfully as far as types of food (too much fastfoods and junkfoods), drugs, and unprotected sex (disease and/or unplanned pregnancies).

Old 11-08-2008, 08:22 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
You wanna play wolfie, I'm into smacking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships