Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 05:02 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,914,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
For starters, two people to be compatible, they need to have common interests. Usually, more than just one. A person can be physically attracted to another but without having anything in common, it could get bad before it even starts.

^^^I totally agree....

I look more for personality, sense of humor, character/integrity, sharing common interests and yes, looks do play a part...but it's just not one of those instant magnets for me to be attracted to someone...personally, I think it's shallow to be attracted only to appearance...I've known guys and some women like this and lemme just say they're usually such ego-maniacs to begin with that as soon as something better comes along it's 'adios'!...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 06:42 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,525,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
My type?Voluptuous with hour glass figuire,with alot of junk in the trunk and buxom.Smaller waist with flaring hips drives me nuts,specially if her tummy is a bit flabby,though slim if highly stacked on top does also.

I have had girlfriends of various types though,sometimes even though a girl isn't your ideal looks wise chemistry takes over.

Don't mind a girl that likes to party once in a while but no alchoholics or druggies please.Must not be a loafer,and must be affectionate and a bit submissive sexually or at least open to ideas.....specially oral magic because that ranks high on my list of things I desire,and must be not shy about the "end product"...and where it goes...or covers.

Must be willing to allow me a certain amount of free time,which I want her to have also.Duties around the house I'll share,but must make some sort of income even if it's working at Burger King.And I'd rather have a girlfriend that worked at Burger King that satisfies in the other aboved criteria than have a girlfriend who is a well off professional that doesn't.

One more thing,I'm not a fan of tattoos at all,though I'll overlook it as long as she isn't covered with them specially on her boobs and bottom .Kids?I can deal with one,but several specially if she isn't good to them I won't deal with either.
That is cool you know what you want. So many times, I think knowing what one wants is underrated. I think the idea is that "love will conquer all" or things will be worked out. But then, people marry, like I did...and find out this thing or that thing won't be compromised on.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:57 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,622,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
and must be affectionate and a bit submissive sexually or at least open to ideas.....specially oral magic because that ranks high on my list of things I desire,and must be not shy about the "end product"...and where it goes...or covers.

, Lion, he he, I have the perfect emoticon for this statement but I can't find it!!! If I do I'll DM it to ya!!! By the way, nice way to say it (without getting kicked off!) he he http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

Old 09-16-2007, 07:00 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,525,858 times
My type...intelligent and such, but likes the outdoors.
I would want him to be dominant when alone, but in public, I am pretty much extroverted, not passive. Very desiring of me.
Honest with integrity, a man I could look up to.
I have a good job and all, but I need a guy I could look up to.
And go places with.
Somewhere wild, with beautiful mountains, green trees, fresh air, and clean water. With blue skies...and later sit back and watch the sun disappear beneath the mountains or over the horizon of the water. At night, to look at the stars...Knowing it would get a bit cool and feeling that person pull closer to me. I am such a dreamer, LOL!!!

Old 09-16-2007, 07:41 PM

27,387 posts, read 27,433,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay View Post
^^^I totally agree....

I look more for personality, sense of humor, character/integrity, sharing common interests and yes, looks do play a part...but it's just not one of those instant magnets for me to be attracted to someone...personally, I think it's shallow to be attracted only to appearance...I've known guys and some women like this and lemme just say they're usually such ego-maniacs to begin with that as soon as something better comes along it's 'adios'!...

I tried to give you points on your comment but go figure....

Old 09-16-2007, 08:13 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,400,252 times
My type... Well I do have a type it's just REALLY hard to explain!

One of the big things is the girls I like have to be fun! Even if all we are doing is just walking around.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:31 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,550,180 times
My type? Mmmm, delicious question to ponder on....

We have to "click"; he has to have gorgeous eyes, a good heart, a great sense of humor with a touch of wicked , he has to have a brain (big turn-on!), and he has to smell good. I don't mean smell like cologne, I mean smell like the man that he is; his own scent - it either works or it doesn't. He has to be able to grill. Oh yea, a winning smile is a big plus. He has to be able to tear up at movies with me and be my protector walking to the car after a late night picture show. He has to be comfortable in jeans or a suit (but we prefer the jeans!). He has to be able to enjoy a quiet country night under the stars or be willing to fly off with me for a weekend away. He has to be kind to children and animals and old folks. He has to be a good son to his parents and he has to be nice to his Mom. And, he has to look good in a pair of jeans (and nothing at all!)

Old 09-26-2007, 10:32 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,283,241 times
I'll tell you if you send him along -

I like an alpha male to compliment this alpha female. He must have more worldly experience than me and not freak out if I beat him at golf, or attempt to tell me how to play when he's in fact losing. This would be indicative of not knowing when to shut up.

He must be highly intelligent, possibly ivy or prep without being a snob or boring, and unquestionably ethical. He should have vast knowledge on many subjects, excellent manners, and know how to dress properly. An exceptional command of the English language is also necessary as well as being informed and a reader. He would also be well traveled.

He should like classical, jazz, R&B, and not country or rap music. If he ballroom dances all the better. He should like exotic sportscars and never nascar. He shouldn't own a t-shirt except to wash his car and never one with writing on it. If he drank beer out of a can, I'd kick his butt.

He must be interesting, considerate, patient, and kind with a love of beauty, harmony, and nature. He should be cultured but also physically active and enjoy an array of outdoor activities we would have in common (especially summer things like camping and boating) but not be into sports watching unless it were to have a picnic at polo nor should he be a computer game player, gambler, or big time drinker.

He needs to listen, be supportive, and protective. He should know how to cook and be interesting in gardening so we can do it together. If he's handy around the house all the better as I've built a few myself. He should have experience in business, finance, politics, and world events most likely having participated in them at a high level. He should be exceptionally brave, fearless, mentally quick and physically strong, with an understanding of human nature able to relate to most anyone from fellow military vets at bike week, to a company ceo or international president, to the fishermen down at the river, to my gay male friends.

He should be organized, neat, proactive, and not lazy or cheap but rather generous in giving and sharing. There for you when you need him whether it's mopping up puke when you're sick to being a clear headed advisor. He's loving and romantic and always puts you first. He must be from a good family and his kids must be decent not in trouble or big time losers. Now, if he's a slim to medium build blonde and taller than me all the better, at least he shouldn't be ugly. Oh, and it would be helpful if he had a ton of money.

I'm waiting...

Last edited by Sgoldie; 09-26-2007 at 10:47 PM..

Old 09-27-2007, 06:46 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,312,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis58 View Post
Ive always felt that to tell someone "you're not my type", was just a polite way to tell someone you like them, but just wouldnt want to date them in a romantic sense.
And there we have it.... A BINGO!!!!

I see it as a nice way of saying, "You have most of the personality traits I'm looking for, but physically you aren't doing it for me.".

People always make these things more complex than they are...

That's my take....

Old 09-27-2007, 10:54 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,071,476 times
I dont know that I have a "type" really. Physically I'm not very picky. I tend to like slimmer guys, but its not a 'must'.

I like a guy who loves animals. Because I love animals, and my dogs are my kids so someone who's a dog hater does not cut it in my book. Neither does someone whose abusive with animals. No good.

Sense of humor would be next. Definitely like a funny guy more than the serious type. Sometimes the ugliest person can have a great sense of humor and be attractive because of it. Sarcasm and a dark twisted sense of humor is a plus.

Someone smart, considerate, and compassionate. Someone who's not affraid to be different, and doesnt 'go with the flo'. Someone who's not afraid to stand up for what they believe in, whatever that may be.

Someone who likes to travel and is spontaneous (sometimes unplanned trips are the best).

Dont really know what else.. if I think of anything I'll add it later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships