Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 06:40 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Hahaha. Just last night I got asked out via facebook. If it wasn't an old highschool friend I think I would be weirded out by it.
So, are you going?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 07:38 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times
It feels awful honestly. Even when they are ugly. Kind of like taking a sick dog out to the country for it's last bone..

Old 04-27-2012, 08:27 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I DO NOT like doing it.

Two things:
1) I had less of a problem doing it when their interest was "ulterior motive" oriented - more interested in my education, place of employment, or "sperm donor" status than me as a person
2) I have diligently avoided situations where it could lead to having to reject someone*

*Story:
I was briefly involved with a parish group for single people. There was one person, an RN, who was particularly aggressive and who I was not even minimally interested in. One day, I got a phone call from her, asking what I was doing on (insert date). She caught me off guard. It was 3 months down the pike. I told her "I don't know." She said "Good, then you can go to this parish function with me and I'm planning on being on this committee...bla bla bla." She said she'd be sending me my ticket.

I was furious. Not a set-up one expects, while wiping sleep from their eyes. I kept the ticket and about 2 weeks before, I sent it back to her, telling her I had a friend from ATL flying into town with his family and I had no choice but to show them around. Never heard from her again, thankfully. I also stopped associating with that group. There were OTHER experiences like that in the short time I knew them.
This story is almost identical to mine. A girl tries to set up a date months in advance to box you in. I hate that.

Personally, I hate rejecting women--mostly because about 75% of the women I attract tend to be unusually needy, desperate and have emotional issues. So rejections have never gone well for me. In fact, I have to reject someone tomorrow who has had strong feelings for me for a while. I never led her on--never called her, never touched her, and have been constantly sending the "I want to be friends" vibe just so I could avoid telling her, but she just couldn't take a hint. Now, I have to tell her tomorrow, and my stomach has been in knots all day about it.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:41 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
This story is almost identical to mine. A girl tries to set up a date months in advance to box you in. I hate that.

Personally, I hate rejecting women--mostly because about 75% of the women I attract tend to be unusually needy, desperate and have emotional issues. So rejections have never gone well for me. In fact, I have to reject someone tomorrow who has had strong feelings for me for a while. I never led her on--never called her, never touched her, and have been constantly sending the "I want to be friends" vibe just so I could avoid telling her, but she just couldn't take a hint. Now, I have to tell her tomorrow, and my stomach has been in knots all day about it.
You know what? Don't get worked up in knots. I knew exactly what I was going to do when I got "boxed in," as you say. I had my morning coffee and figured it out. If someone is that obnoxious, without ever having been given a signal of reciprocity, you owe them NOTHING.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:44 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
Quote:

Holy moly! I'm a woman and I had a similar situation before. NOT fun!!

Old 04-27-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
You know what? Don't get worked up in knots. I knew exactly what I was going to do when I got "boxed in," as you say. I had my morning coffee and figured it out. If someone is that obnoxious, without ever having been given a signal of reciprocity, you owe them NOTHING.
Thanks, Robert.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:51 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Guys: How does it feel to reject a woman?

Empowering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Is this hard for you or is it easy?
Ask a woman. They have much more experience with empowerment than men.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Holy moly! I'm a woman and I had a similar situation before. NOT fun!!
No it's not fun. I just assumed that all women were good at taking subtle hints, and this one doesn't. It's really irritating. I mean, how can you be so dense NOT to realize that when a guy doesn't call you, and doesn't set up dates, always talking about how busy he is, that it means he's not interested? At some point you should just let it go. It's simply amazing.

I'd actually think it's scarier for women, since men tend to be more predatory and aggressive than women, as a whole. There's a much bigger "creep factor" there.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:56 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
Quote:
No it's not fun. I just assumed that all women were good at taking subtle hints, and this one doesn't. It's really irritating. I mean, how can you be so dense NOT to realize that when a guy doesn't call you, and doesn't set up dates, always talking about how busy he is, that it means he's not interested? At some point you should just let it go. It's simply amazing.

I'd actually think it's scarier for women, since men tend to be more predatory and aggressive than women, as a whole. There's a much bigger "creep factor" there.
well, I don't take subtle hints but ya, if a man doenst make time for me, that's all I need to get it and I leave it alone.

It is scarier for women which is why I told the guy over text that I didn't want to see him..lol. I think its cowardly to do things like that over text but in my case, I was concerned so that was why.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
well, I don't take subtle hints but ya, if a man doenst make time for me, that's all I need to get it and I leave it alone.

It is scarier for women which is why I told the guy over text that I didn't want to see him..lol. I think its cowardly to do things like that over text but in my case, I was concerned so that was why.
I don't blame you at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships