Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2012, 09:03 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,661,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I also agree it is a sign of good manners and chivalry for a man to pay . . . a pay who won't pay is a cheapskate, and that is a horrible, un-sexy trait for a man to have . . . if you refuse to have good manners, then don't come on a forum and ***** that you have no "luck" with women . . .you really have no style.

Had to rep you!

Old 05-07-2012, 09:04 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,689,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It is popular with relationship gurus. Mentioned in the "Think Like a Man" book and also by Patti Stanger on Millionaire MAtchmaker. It is pretty common. And it was in the other book that came out in the 90s that was really popular but I don't recall the name right now.
Huh? I thought Patti Stranger's rule was no sex before monogamy. Which makes sense.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:05 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,033,713 times
Funny how women bring up that real men will pay for a date but will those same real women cook him a home cooked meal? Will she submit to him? A REAL WOMAN would

Old 05-07-2012, 09:08 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,161,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Funny how women bring up that real men will pay for a date but will those same real women cook him a home cooked meal? Will she submit to him? A REAL WOMAN would
It's like this:

when they're out on the date, he's to be a traditional, 1950s man romancing his love

At home, he's to be a meek, subservient 21st century stooge who bows down to her every whim.

Sorry if this is stereotypical, I had to exaggerate to put across my point.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:09 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,689,917 times
Quote:
I don't submit ... But my last BF and I would often take turns cooking dinner for each other when he would get laid off from his construction job. And when he was working, he was the first to say let's go out for a steak. And he insisted on paying.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:10 PM

2,756 posts, read 4,424,283 times
I totally agree that you should split the costs on dates. COME ON girls... this is 2012. If I was a guy, I wouldn't put up with it....

I also don't like the idea of the guy paying for everything.... too much of a prostitution undertone.

There - I said it. To each his/her own.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:11 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,946,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
You see the distinction I'm making though, right? Maybe I AM a bit miserly by nature, but I think when talking anyone out for dinner - friends, family, a date - one has no place being a miser. ESPECIALLY if you've invited that person. I think the 'whoever asks/suggests pays' or just splitting it rule is good because it just prevents these kinds of issues. And a lot of women of my generation don't think twice about it. So I'm saying I would probably be happy paying even most of the time (even all of the time if she had trouble affording it).

If you're saying I should suck it up for a woman who EXPECTS this kind of princess treatment, then I would personally rather not, and keep on looking, because I know for a fact there are plenty of women who are NOT like this.
What kind of a woman do you think is going to love being with a miser?

Old 05-07-2012, 09:11 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,792,007 times
Quote:
Submit?

Old 05-07-2012, 09:12 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,750,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebass View Post
Because why would you set a date of restriction? It's like there's a sexual law. Can the contract be breached at will by the woman? That whole thing just doesn't make sense.

But anyway, you know damn well I couldn't care less. I've told you plenty of times. It'll happen when it happens.
I set a date of restriction because I didn't want to be hopping around from man to man handing out sex like mini kit kats. Now if the next woman is doing that, I don't care. I'm not her. (there were some other reasons, I don't care to go into at this moment). The one woman I know did break the 90 day sex contract. The other one didn't and they broke up before it got to that point anyways. Mine was null & void upon marriage -- And yes I damn well know, LOL.

GN.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:13 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,750,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Sounds peculiar for this day and age, I admit, it probably depends on where you live. If a woman makes you wait that long, she's probably making you wait until marriage.

Yes that was me. And I know it's peculiar and that's a shame. Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships