Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2012, 08:00 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,589,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
The pill is a joke. It's as effective as asking a guy to put on a condom.

+1 And it can induce health problems such as blood clots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 08:02 PM

102,260 posts, read 108,258,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
+1 And it can induce health problems such as blood clots.
It's been proven in tests to lower (or kill) libido.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I don't think you realize that some women will find a man like that as 'disgusting' as the ones who claim women who slept around aren't desirable.

Also, what you might be noticing is an attractive guy that a bunch of women find attractive, that's not news. Sorry though, women do not care about some other woman's choice of man just for the hell of it.
Why do I get the feeling Brad is disappointed to hear this....? He thought parading women around got him more women.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:10 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,212,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why do I get the feeling Brad is disappointed to hear this....? He thought parading women around got him more women.
Lol it's worked for me and many other man can attest to that

Old 05-09-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hml1976 View Post
I think nature made men and women approach sex differently, not ALL men or ALL women but imagine if everyone approached sex without emotion...all we'd do is have sex.

There were remote tribes and ancient cultures in the past were all they did was have sex and enjoy themselves.

This is how the knowledge from Tantra, or the art of healing through sex came about.

What cut off all this fun was the modern life, industrialism, religion and forcing unnatural monogamy on all males.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Women cannot have sex with a lot of people, just like that, at the drop of a hat. Not that they'd want to, anyway. But what do you think women do, just walk out the door and bag the first guy who walks by, or hang out on a street corner until someone picks her up? Get REAL!!
Ever heard of prostitutes? Ever heard of female groupies?

Old 05-09-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I went ten years celibate

Old 05-09-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Ever heard of prostitutes? Ever heard of female groupies?
Oh, so you would have us all turn into prostitutes to satisfy our needs? --yourself

I don't know why tantra gets characterized as healing. It's a means to achieve spiritual bliss. Some of the tantric masters were women. Before the tradition was patriarchal, it was matriarchal. It was goddess worship. Men had to grovel before the women tantrics, give them certain gifts, display the appropriate humble demeanor, etc., in order to be accepted into the ritual.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:55 PM

458 posts, read 612,278 times
"I have managed to disconnect a lot of the emotional attachment that goes along with sex"

Why go against that part of yourself that naturally desires intimacy a.k.a (into-me-see) not, into my vagina, see?

I personally don't see what's "easy" or beneficial about detaching from the things which makes us wonderfully made/created. Why turn off your brain and emotions for mere moments of physical rumbling? We humans are indeed more than what's between our legs and there is nothing wrong with acknowledging that, embracing it, and expecting others to respect it!

Old 05-09-2012, 09:59 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,402,061 times
Quote:
(to Ivory) With all due respect, you're a prude and I'm just shocked that you view sex in such a negative light. Really, how do you think YOU got here?
How dumb. She wasn't viewing sex in a negative light, but the suggestion that women just throw caution to the wind (just because the men want them to) and/or be less selective about who they have sex with.

Being smart is always going to be considered prudish and arrogant. Oh well, cry about it.

Quote:
There were remote tribes and ancient cultures in the past were all they did was have sex and enjoy themselves.

This is how the knowledge from Tantra, or the art of healing through sex came about.

What cut off all this fun was the modern life, industrialism, religion and forcing unnatural monogamy on all males.
Aaand what brought about "the modern life", industrialism, religion, and "forcing unnatural monogamy on all males" (Wow, at that one)?

Evolution.

And as I and others have mentioned already, there are evolutionary explanations as to why women are more cautious about sex. Put simply, women have much more to lose from a sexual misadventure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships