Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 10:28 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
What you just posted is exactly what I was looking for!

The psychology behind some women's annoyance with well groomed men.

Why does it bother some of them? What is it that they see? I get the feeling that it just makes them want to grab them by the shoulders and just say "be a man".

And I always said that a lot of women look for a guy that reminds them of their dad, that boy they once liked a lot in junior high, the guys they grew up around, their brothers friends, etc.
I would'nt go that far to say I've ever been annoyed. Perhaps some women are but I dont give a flip if a man is "well groomed". I dont care is he waxes or wears makeup. I dont think any less of himm. I'm just not really attracted to that type of person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 10:36 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I would'nt go that far to say I've ever been annoyed. Perhaps some women are but I dont give a flip if a man is "well groomed". I dont care is he waxes or wears makeup. I dont think any less of himm. I'm just not really attracted to that type of person.
I can definitely relate. I'm often not into the flashy look either. I prefer a girl next door type.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:39 AM

2,720 posts, read 5,626,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I can definitely relate. I'm often not into the flashy look either. I prefer a girl next door type.
Girls next door are still hot.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:54 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,137,674 times
I believe women largely stop caring what a man looks like once they are about 30 or so. Hot guys are for young women.

After that, most women want a guy they look better than. If they met men who look like George Clooney or Brad Pitt, they would recoil from them and be distrustful, thinking there is something wrong with them if they are alone or pursuing them. And they want to be the pretty one in the couple.

BTW, Janeane Garofalo is very attractive, even today in her 40s (and I'm not being biased cuz we share the same progressive politics). I remember that dog movie she played a supposively frumpy women next to Uma Thurman. The movie was ridiculous because Janeane was far cuter and appealing than Barbie (Uma).

Old 05-10-2012, 10:56 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
I believe women largely stop caring what a man looks like once they are about 30 or so. Hot guys are for young women.

After that, most women want a guy they look better than. If they met men who look like George Clooney or Brad Pitt, they would recoil from them and be distrustful, thinking there is something wrong with them if they are alone or pursuing them. And they want to be the pretty one in the couple.

BTW, Janeane Garofalo is very attractive, even today in her 40s (and I'm not being biased cuz we share the same progressive politics). I remember that dog movie she played a supposively frumpy women next to Uma Thurman. The movie was ridiculous because Janeane was far cuter and appealing than Barbie (Uma).
I agree - I said before that I couldn't explain specifically why she was attractive - I just think she is.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:56 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times
Quote:

This is why guys are puzzled when they hear women say they find Russell Crowe to be hot, or Jude Law or even Daniel Craig.
These examples are not that great, the only one that I might wonder about it Russel Crowe, but even with him I can see an appeal. Actually the guys that the majority of women find attractive..wait for it...ARE attractive. Now if women mentioned guys like Jason Alexander (George Costanza) as being hot, then that might raise my eye brows.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:58 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:

Look better than? What a strange way of looking at things, power play? Like having an ugly friend to look better? I don't believe such women are the majority.

I googled Janeane. Definitely could be attracted to her.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:04 AM

2,720 posts, read 5,626,063 times
Quote:

This. Except for the Janeane thing. I find her cute but no where near as hot as Uma Thurman.

I too have progressive politics.

I dated a girl who I pointed out that I like this one guy's suit. She recoiled and said no, that looks "gay". She was just horribly repulsed by well groomed guys that it just did not appeal to her at all. She even admitted that liked her guys a bit ugly and that if it wasn't for my personality, she would not have dated me at all because I am too "pretty".

Old 05-10-2012, 11:06 AM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I prefer the primped ones actually.
Me too.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:08 AM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,540 times
Quote:
The guy is skinny and has a mad receding hairline. The only thing I think that's appealing about him is his character, personality and confidence.

Janeane Garafolo has a great personality, is funny and has appeal but is not attractive nor do I know many guys that would be all over her like a rash.
I think Henry Rollins is all over her these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships