Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2013, 11:00 AM

630 posts, read 1,049,213 times

Advertisements

Oh if he's wealthy? Then yes older men can "afford" the trophy girlfriend. I myself am dating a much older man at the moment but for his money..and he knows it. Just being honest here. I WAS dating an older man in the past but just because I liked him--I had to stop though because even though he was fit and great on paper, he still didn't have the energy level I desired and our sex life was lacking. There was also a very obvious imbalanced power dynamic that wasn't sustainable. Now if I do it it's because there's an incentive for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 11:01 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
when the 40 yr old guy is 50 and the 25 yr old girl is 35 if she isnt happy then the 50 yr old man will gladly move on to another 25 yr old girl. Not many 35 yr old women are so incredibly energetic and attractive that an in shape, happening 50 yr old cant handle them. again this situation is only feasible if the guy is attractive, happening and quasi wealthy and the girl is super hot. this is not your ordinary small town dating situation.
You're not describing average, everyday life. Sorry, most 50 year olds aren't attractive, happening and wealthy and constantly snagging hot 25 year olds who want to date someone their parents' ages. That's the exception, not the rule.

I see people dating in their own age group. In my SO's circle of friends, of the group of 8 of them, 7 of them are married (or in our case, almost married) to women within 2 years of their own ages. His one buddy married a girl 14 years younger, and while he's high-fiving himself, he's not the envy of his friends, he's actually having a hard time fitting in now because she's a "kid" in comparison to the rest of us.

As Dewdrop said, people of all ages date other people of all ages, but in real life, I don't see men chasing women young enough to be their daughters or granddaughters, no matter how young these guys look or feel "for their ages".

Old 02-12-2013, 11:29 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
hot girls in their early 20s commonly date men in their 30s and even 40s. girls in late 20s easily go out with guys in 40s. just maybe not in rural kansas or iowa but in any normal metro area this occurs all the time. of course some girls will be opposed to anything over 5 yrs but these days that doesnt seem to be the norm anymore, i see tons of 25 yr old gilrs with 40 yr olds
Hot girls in their early 20's don't commonly date men in their 40's, why would they? The only 25 year old women I see with 40 year olds are either wealthy men or extremely good looking. Otherwise, men need to stop deluding themselves and think at 40 they can attract 20 something women.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You're not describing average, everyday life. Sorry, most 50 year olds aren't attractive, happening and wealthy and constantly snagging hot 25 year olds who want to date someone their parents' ages. That's the exception, not the rule.

I see people dating in their own age group. In my SO's circle of friends, of the group of 8 of them, 7 of them are married (or in our case, almost married) to women within 2 years of their own ages. His one buddy married a girl 14 years younger, and while he's high-fiving himself, he's not the envy of his friends, he's actually having a hard time fitting in now because she's a "kid" in comparison to the rest of us.

As Dewdrop said, people of all ages date other people of all ages, but in real life, I don't see men chasing women young enough to be their daughters or granddaughters, no matter how young these guys look or feel "for their ages".
I know, it's so bizarre when I read things like "all women in their 20's want to date 50 year old men". I have NEVER known 25 year old women dying to date men over a few years older except a friend of mine with daddy issues. Most people I know married someone within a few years. I do have a friend who married a woman 8 years older but I know he did that because he just wanted to marry and she fit what he was looking for (a virgin who is a submissive).

Old 02-12-2013, 01:01 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,484,501 times
So it HAS to be daddy or money issues if a woman dates older? You're showing your hand...and it ain't pretty!

Old 02-12-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
So it HAS to be daddy or money issues if a woman dates older? You're showing your hand...and it ain't pretty!

We're talking pretty substantial age gaps here. I'm part of another forum where a lot of girls happen to be dating much older men and will readily admit that they have daddy issues. If it weren't for lacking a father figure in their childhood years, or financial support why else would a woman in her early twenties date a man whose in his fifties or even forties? Wouldn't they rather date a guy say in his thirties who not only has a compatible maturity level but most likely has a career going for himself, can relate to her better, and can keep up??

Old 02-12-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenaus View Post
We're talking pretty substantial age gaps here. I'm part of another forum where a lot of girls happen to be dating much older men and will readily admit that they have daddy issues. If it weren't for lacking a father figure in their childhood years, or financial support why else would a woman in her early twenties date a man whose in his fifties or even forties? Wouldn't they rather date a guy say in his thirties who not only has a compatible maturity level but most likely has a career going for himself, can relate to her better, and can keep up??
For some reason I believe I may also post at that site as well and I agree (assuming it's the other site). Many of the women I happen to know dating older either do it for the money (many brag about being sugar babies)or because of daddy issues. So many average men think "hey that wealthy man has a hot 20 year old so will I". The thing is the wealthy man has a hot younger girl because he is WEALTHY but a hot younger girl wouldn't date a poor older man, why would they? Yet so many men on the dating sites tr and then fail.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:12 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,484,501 times
Quote:
The thing is the wealthy man has a hot younger girl because he is WEALTHY but a hot younger girl wouldn't date a poor older man, why would they? Yet so many men on the dating sites tr and then fail.
Oh because YOU say so it must be true!

Maybe the women attracted to that forum are all messed up but that doesn't mean that all women whom date older are!

I guess all of my GF's whom were between 8-22 younger were all after my money?

FWIW They ALL had universally said the same thing about dating older:

Better attention
Better in bed
Can last longer
Not cheating
Better conversations
No video games
No drunkenness
No running off to be with their buddies
Much less jealousy

Old 02-12-2013, 02:18 PM

I think we've all had different experiences then. The older guy AKA SD I'm with right now can only have sex about once a week and doesn't last very long. The last older guy I dated could only get it up at certain times and couldn't even keep it up with a condom. The best I've had in bed were in their mid to late twenties. They could get it up on command pretty much and could last a long time. They also could have sex several times in a day. Video games??? Lol. Your ex girlfriends must have dated losers.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:20 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,689,127 times
I'm in my mid 30's and have dated many woman in their 20's. It probably helps that I look like i'm in my late 20's though and when asked, I don't say my real age. At the same time, I hear alot of woman in their 20's say they prefer a man over 30. Not all of them, but I've heard that from quite a few.

My cheating ex who is 32 just married a 50 year old sugar daddy. She has issues alright, lots of issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships