Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:46 PM

733 posts, read 1,049,456 times

Advertisements

Something's rotten in Denmark and I don't think it's coming from the winds of Chernobyl.

We're really supposed to believe a surgeon, not just a doctor, but the premier medical specialty of them all and a field which typically brings in the most loot, is having problems meeting young, attractive women? And all for being short? That's a little like a Playboy centerfold saying she can't meet hot guys because she's been divorced and has a kid.

The most powerful aphrodisiac for men is youth and beauty. The most powerful aphrodisiac for women is power, status and money. Women of all ages, looks and backgrounds are stimulated by those qualities and any surgeon should have them, even if he's a cross between Danny DeVito and Quasimodo.

Sorry, but I'm not buying the Brooklyn Bridge today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 09:52 PM

296 posts, read 572,720 times
Money? Really? I'm paying back loans from undergraduate and med school. I make much less than you think. Come to DC and just try introducing yourself to a female gov contractor, lawyer, and political analyst/consultant as a 5'3" man ("you look like an adorable little kid! Sorry!"). I'm willing to bet there are many women on CityData who would not date a short man if he were a multimillionaire. Also unless you were born in the 40s and 50s, everyone knows the premier medical field is derm.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:34 AM

348 posts, read 550,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
Thank you. Where do you suggest is a great place in America with a good singles scene for shorter guys (or at least where almost all the women may not be very demanding about certain standards)? Surely not somewhere like NYC or LA. Texas women also like their guys big or so I've heard.
Interesting to hear that other people had similar experiences in the DC area.

My gf during my time in DC was amazing...cute, smart, good job...I felt bad for my single friends. My gf's friends were mostly, meh, with crappy attitudes. Most of the women I met were so mediocre in every way. That was the thing, it's not like it was a bunch of People-of-Walmart, rather a bunch of boring chicks with entitlement issues.

Living in the South, I'd say the women there were generally much better. But my best experience has been SoCal. Lots of attractive women from all over the world. None of my friends, short to tall, have any problems meeting women.

Again, it's bizarre how generally awful many of the women in the DC-NJ-NY area are. I don't what I would've done if I had been single during my time there. Slim pickings amongst a bad bunch.

Also, I think just because someone is a doctor doesn't mean he's automatically going to date whoever he wants. Life/dating doesn't work like that. As I've often said, by far the most physically attractive woman I know is mid-30s, very nice, great personality, a 10 by anyone's standards...she just hasn't met the right guy.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:23 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,642,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
When I say "prime" I mean physical attractiveness, not sex drive

Your not about to tell me the average woman looks better at 35 when they did at 22
For a large group of men, YES. Basically, they want women, not girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Depends on who's doing the looking - men or boys.
Exactly!

Old 05-24-2012, 06:01 AM

566 posts, read 960,132 times
Women generally go bad after 25.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:10 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,200,470 times
Women who are 25-30 actually seem pickier than 18-24 in my experience.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:25 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,241,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
Women generally go bad after 25.
As opposed to when you went bad, which I assume was when your dad was kicked in the gnads during a HS football game/whatever activity..

Old 05-24-2012, 07:46 AM

296 posts, read 572,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVanNostren View Post
Interesting to hear that other people had similar experiences in the DC area.

My gf during my time in DC was amazing...cute, smart, good job...I felt bad for my single friends. My gf's friends were mostly, meh, with crappy attitudes. Most of the women I met were so mediocre in every way. That was the thing, it's not like it was a bunch of People-of-Walmart, rather a bunch of boring chicks with entitlement issues.

Living in the South, I'd say the women there were generally much better. But my best experience has been SoCal. Lots of attractive women from all over the world. None of my friends, short to tall, have any problems meeting women.

Again, it's bizarre how generally awful many of the women in the DC-NJ-NY area are. I don't what I would've done if I had been single during my time there. Slim pickings amongst a bad bunch.

Also, I think just because someone is a doctor doesn't mean he's automatically going to date whoever he wants. Life/dating doesn't work like that. As I've often said, by far the most physically attractive woman I know is mid-30s, very nice, great personality, a 10 by anyone's standards...she just hasn't met the right guy.

Would Boston, Philadelphia or some other urban area be just as bad as DC? Or might they be more like LA?

Old 05-24-2012, 07:56 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,552,966 times
Quote:
Money? Really? I'm paying back loans from undergraduate and med school. I make much less than you think. Come to DC and just try introducing yourself to a female gov contractor, lawyer, and political analyst/consultant as a 5'3" man ("you look like an adorable little kid! Sorry!"). I'm willing to bet there are many women on CityData who would not date a short man if he were a multimillionaire. Also unless you were born in the 40s and 50s, everyone knows the premier medical field is derm.
5'3" is really short for a guy, surgeon or not.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:59 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,809,632 times
Quote:
Would Boston, Philadelphia or some other urban area be just as bad as DC? Or might they be more like LA?
Get away from the coasts... try the Midwest. Much friendlier all around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships