Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 02:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,184,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
I didn't mean to offend anyone. And yes, I would marry a woman who was older if we were compatible. I just wanted to see whether my speculations that women in their late 20s and early 30s are picky as hell would be substantiated. I find it surprising that when I bring up this question (and I do believe it is valid as I want to avoid complications with pregnancy, etc) everybody gets hot about it. I even mentioned that I would rather have a relationship with someone in their later 20s than someone who is below 25, even though I have had more luck dating in college and the beginning of med school then after. It's funny how there are numerous posts and threads in city data that love bashing short men for no apparent reason other than they clash with our "preferences."
This is an odd post for someone new to the forum... I'm beginning to smell a pot stirrer! Who bashed you for being short? I tried to be helpful but it seems you would rather bash women! Have fun with that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 02:17 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,873 times
Quote:
Am I pretty much doomed or can I fix this by shifting toward a different demographic (older women)?
If you really are 5'3" and not an alpha male then yes, you are doomed. Shift to an older demographic or maybe start approaching Mexican women who might be more compatible with you, height-wise.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:29 PM

296 posts, read 571,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
If you really are 5'3" and not an alpha male then yes, you are doomed. Shift to an older demographic or maybe start approaching Mexican women who might be more compatible with you, height-wise.
Thank you for your honest answer. I actually think being a short alpha male in some cases may be worse as girls say you have a Napoleonic Complex.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:37 PM

936 posts, read 2,062,305 times
Quote:
I didn't mean to offend anyone. And yes, I would marry a woman who was older if we were compatible. I just wanted to see whether my speculations that women in their late 20s and early 30s are picky as hell would be substantiated. I find it surprising that when I bring up this question (and I do believe it is valid as I want to avoid complications with pregnancy, etc) everybody gets hot about it. I even mentioned that I would rather have a relationship with someone in their later 20s than someone who is below 25, even though I have had more luck dating in college and the beginning of med school then after. It's funny how there are numerous posts and threads in city data that love bashing short men for no apparent reason other than they clash with our "preferences."
Maybe they get hot about the question because they see it as an implicit critique of their liking who/what they like. I'm not female, so my inference is pure speculation.

I also wonder whether you're picking women who are "picky as hell" in the first place. What sort of women are you approaching?

Old 05-19-2012, 02:37 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,574,462 times
Quote:

In the past, a poster who typically started threads on the topic was an instigator with a chip on his shoulder.

Disregard the nonsense.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:10 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,204,454 times
I know your short but it shouldn't be THAT big of a problem.

Being a surgeon can be a gift and a curse, it CAN get you Highly attractive young women

But on the otherhand, if a woman knows that your surgeon she might put on the "good girl" act and will hold out to make you believe that she's wife material when all she wants is provider and father figure for her kids. Don't fall for it though

You worked too damn hard to settle for that

Old 05-19-2012, 03:11 PM

199 posts, read 391,433 times
Pickiness...it depends. If it's a trait that she exhibits her whole life, only to arrive at middle age and still have not found someone it could be indicative of a bigger problem.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:12 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,204,454 times
But in general, as a woman's looks start to fade the less picky she can be.

In her prime, if shes attractive enough, she can get ANY man she wants

Old 05-19-2012, 03:15 PM

199 posts, read 391,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
But in general, as a woman's looks start to fade the less picky she can be.

In her prime, if shes attractive enough, she can get ANY man she wants
True...but then again, she might be picky for a multitude of reasons. Perhaps her mother was overly critical, and NO man she chooses will satisfy. Or she has low self esteem and looking for her dream man to mold, her Prince that will rescue her from the self inflicted psycho drama drama she refuses to deal with through therapy.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:24 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,205,749 times
Quote:
I didn't mean to offend anyone. And yes, I would marry a woman who was older if we were compatible. I just wanted to see whether my speculations that women in their late 20s and early 30s are picky as hell would be substantiated.
My personal experience agrees with what you're seeing. Between my gf's and myself I think we were less picky in our late teens, early and mid 20s. The reason being was that marriage was not on the radar, rather just good times with friends and dating. But, coming into the late 20s, at least for me, I became more picky. I became less likely to do the wait and see thing. When I met my husband I was dating two other men. The one with the most promising career at the time (oral surgeon) didn't win out, although he was hot. At that point I had no interest in playing the field. I was interested in a potential mate, so for me compatibility (personality, values, lifestyle, culture) was a priority. I found that with my dh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships