Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 11:18 AM

936 posts, read 2,062,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
She'll get a lot of politically correct answers to make her feel better. I don't like to lie.

I'm a white guy who, despite having an ethnicity that sometimes has olive skin, does not. I am only attracted to white women who have white skin, not even olive skin. I've never dated a Latina, so why go even darker? Why waste their time if you're not attracted to them? It's a matter of taste and that's largely preprogrammed.
She'll also get a lot of honest answers that make her feel better, too. Don't think that everyone shares your bias or taste.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:22 AM

38 posts, read 85,066 times
I have spoken to black women online from other countries outside of the U.S. Many of them are my hue and do not believe that there is any significant bias that impacts their dating options. I am beginning to think that this may be largely an American issue.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:38 AM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Also forgot to mention ... it depends how old you are.

People born in the 70s were more close minded about interracial dating than those born in the 80s, and those born in the 60s and before, a lot more so.
Really?
Well, the majority of Non-black men that I know that prefer black women were born in the 70's. And typically non-black men don't say squat about skin tone with the exception of the Halley Berry club and those that do have preference most likely prefer someone darker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
For the most part only Black men love Dark black women. There really isn't a bias it's just that other races don't find them as attractive.
And you would be wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitytoCity2021 View Post
I have spoken to black women online from other countries outside of the U.S. Many of them are my hue and do not believe that there is any significant bias that impacts their dating options. I am beginning to think that this may be largely an American issue.
This is true for the most part. Probably one of the reasons Carribbean and African women seem to be more approachable to me then some American women.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 05-23-2012 at 11:54 AM..

Old 05-23-2012, 11:43 AM

399 posts, read 581,908 times
Who knows what the issue is, OP. I might feel that bias exists because I am a dark skin black female and have experienced it. But I imagine there are people who get rebuked for being short or obese or having acne or red hair or being too pale in color. So it could be a lot of factors.

Our world is weird....

Old 05-23-2012, 11:44 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,384,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
She'll also get a lot of honest answers that make her feel better, too. Don't think that everyone shares your bias or taste.
I will say that at least 85% of my white friends (mostly in liberal CA) either date or marry chicks that are just as white as they are.

This is about who you will be exchanging bodily fluids with, so it's a BIG problem that PC-ness has extended into this realm.

Do I have black, Asian, Hispanic or Middle Eastern friends and acquaintances? Yes, since I was a little kid. Would I date their sisters? No, and they know it, and we're still friends.

In fact, I have a black friend that has NEVER dated black women. He doesn't even like the Halle Berrys. Only one of the kids married another black person. For all the others, it's white only (since they are Creole). He doesn't like his own race. At least I do.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:49 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,738,038 times
Answer: yes there is.

Proof: 32 years of life as a dark skinned black woman.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:51 AM

38 posts, read 85,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Really?
Well, the majority of Non-black men that I know that prefer black women were born in the 70's. And typically non-black men don't say squat about skin tone with the exception of the Halley Berry club and those that do have preference most likelt prefer someone darker.

And you would be wrong
I have observed that non black guys who like black women tend to not really harp on skin shade. Although it's also true that some do have a preference for light, brown, or dark black women.

From my own experience, If the black guy is light, there's more of a chance that hue won't really be that important, but if the guy is dark, hue is usually at the top of his list and he is looking for someone significantly lighter. This is not always the case, but I have observed this amongst associates and friends.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:51 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,203,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
And you speak for everyone, do you? Because you certainly don't speak for me.

This. ^^^^^ Rabbitluvr has it right.
I go by what I see. I hate when people get angry when you give yor perspective.
Most white/Asian/Hispanic men that i see don't find Dark skin African American women attractive.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:56 AM

399 posts, read 581,908 times
Wow...okay, I see the development of this thread and I'm out.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:56 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,384,553 times
I thought there was a MORATORIUM on skin color threads ????????????????????????????????????????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships