Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 03:42 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,672,411 times

Advertisements

I like hearing stories about how people hit on or get hit on.
It gives me ideas.
Also, how effective was it?

Personal example:
I show up to a job interview. Girl at the front desk directs me to where I need to be. As I turn to leave...
"I'd interview you..."
Fly girl too.

Maybe a 6 on the effectiveness scale. She seems like a flirt...

Last edited by dub dub II; 07-23-2012 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: I had like nine typos...technology is a
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 04:17 PM

532 posts, read 1,176,984 times
Was doing my last fare on shift in the cab. Taking 2 construction workers to their jobsite and one of them had been chatting me up the entire time and I was being polite and chatting with him. Nothing that would indicate I was interested, just a polite cab driver.

Get to the jobsite and guy says "Well you HAVE to let me take you out" with a big grin on his face. I tell him I'm a taken woman who is going to be engaged soon. He grumbles and I say "well wouldnt you want your potential fiance to turn down dates with other men?" He agrees and pays me with a chuckle.

7 for effort and confidence with follow through. LOL.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:27 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,322 times
I think I can count the times I have been hit on with one hand.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:30 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
I was at this crazy beach party this weekend, and as i was sitting aside with a friend, this georgous brunette walks by me, with a friend and a large candle in her hand. she was substantialy younger than me, but a true rare beauty. this was my approach =

me- are you an elvish princess?
her (smiling) - yes, I am
Me- are you travelling to western lands?
her (still smiling) - no, eastern lands
Me - I find you incredibly attractive, my name is .....

got her name , lotsa smiles , her phone number and talked for awhile, while shamelessly flirting the whole time. Even though she was quickly surrounded by bunch of guys, she kept her attention with me mostly, by addressing me by my first name and continuing eye contact, which tells me she enjoyed the interraction. Turns out shes moving to china in 10 days(thus the comment about moving to eastern lands), but she made it very clear that i need to call her soon, so she can clear up her schedule one evening to see me. The point im making, is.....there is really no reason to get hung up on what to say, but rather in a way that you say it. as long as there is mutual attraction, you'll find success. If i can turn LOTR geek concept into a date with an incredibly beautiful girl, than so can any guy.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:42 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I was at this crazy beach party this weekend, and as i was sitting aside with a friend, this georgous brunette walks by me, with a friend and a large candle in her hand. she was substantialy younger than me, but a true rare beauty. this was my approach =

me- are you an elvish princess?
her (smiling) - yes, I am
Me- are you travelling to western lands?
her (still smiling) - no, eastern lands
Me - I find you incredibly attractive, my name is .....

got her name , lotsa smiles , her phone number and talked for awhile, while shamelessly flirting the whole time. Even though she was quickly surrounded by bunch of guys, she kept her attention with me mostly, by addressing me by my first name and continuing eye contact, which tells me she enjoyed the interraction. Turns out shes moving to china in 10 days(thus the comment about moving to eastern lands), but she made it very clear that i need to call her soon, so she can clear up her schedule one evening to see me. The point im making, is.....there is really no reason to get hung up on what to say, but rather in a way that you say it. as long as there is mutual attraction, you'll find success. If i can turn LOTR geek concept into a date with an incredibly beautiful girl, than so can any guy.
You clearly have no fear, unlike most of us. Good job.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:51 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
You clearly have no fear, unlike most of us. Good job.
WHats there to fear though, if you're truly outcome independent? SHe could have turned around and told me to f off, and i still would have smiled and gave her an elvish blessing on her way out. Who cares? I think some guys dont realize, that girls are foten nervoous when approached, all the same. But if you arent relaxed yourself, then that feeling intensifies and thats not exactly what you want. There is simply nothing to lose.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:56 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,647 times
Ok, I'm venturing on the longest excursion I've gone on since I had my augmentation surgery and I'm sitting opposite this Eastern European guy (taking the train from Astoria to Manhattan). He's kind of (note: kind of) attractive, so my eyes linger on him for 5 seconds, then I'm back playing with my phone.

Fast forward two stops and a man right beside my ear stuns me saying (thick Eastern Euro accent), "Did I happen to see you in the gym by Ditmars?"

My head snaps around quickly and it was the same guy who was sitting across from me two stops ago, so I'm a little freaked out. "Um...no..."

"Oh, you looked very much like her," continues to look at me awkwardly.

30 seconds of awkward silence pass, he's looking my body up and down. "Do you like...work out a lot or something?"

"No." I'm now avoiding eye contact.

He continues to stare at me awkwardly. I get up as my stop is approaching..."Well, have a nice day, " he says.

That's how NOT to hit on a girl. He turned from a semi-cute dude to an awkward creeper in no time.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:57 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,055 times
Same as the last five times. At a dog park with my 9lb cotton ball (Maltese). He is a total clit magnet.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:58 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I think I can count the times I have been hit on with one hand.

Same here. From my experience, women don't "hit on" men like me. Women may "hit on" hot guys, but not ugly dudes.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:00 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
I was hit on in the 3rd grade, this girl walked up and said "I always wanted to hit you", slugged me in the arm and walked off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships