Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 07:02 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times

Advertisements

Oh.. one more thing. Before you kick her ass out of your life, make sure you show her this thread so she realizes she's a worthless, ungrateful bore of a hack. Then move on to a real woman and never look back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 07:15 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,723,264 times
Tell her that she is welcome to pay for her room with a view; however your room will include no windows.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:21 PM

900 posts, read 1,702,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducviloxi View Post
Say you are deciding to go on a cruise vacation and want to take your girlfriend... she cannot afford it but you figure you will take her along since you do like her company. However, since now you are going to absorb the cost of 2 instead of one, to save money you opt for the less expensive inside room (no windows), you figure it's a good compromise.

You announce the surprise vacation to your GF, she is happy but not too thrilled about the inside room and complains about it...says you should go for the more expensive window rooms since she knows you can afford it.

How would you feel about it?
How would I feel? I an very sensitive and I would take offense to it. I imagine you did too. Did you explain why you decided what you did? You two are lucky to be together. Dont fight over something unimportant. Just communicate feelings briefly and clear the air. And have a great time

Old 06-03-2012, 07:26 PM

900 posts, read 1,702,448 times
Lol & OMG just read some of the responses. The first couple were good and then it got harsh. (But funny) be sure to let us know how it went.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:28 PM

52,278 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I tell her to bust out her CC..... Mo fo......

Old 06-03-2012, 08:24 PM

566 posts, read 958,476 times
I'd dump her.

If I did something very nice and she responds with..." I don't like the inside of the room...why do we have to stay in a room like that??" instead of "WOw....that was so nice of you!! The room doesn't matter as long as I'm with you and I'm sure we'll have a memorable time! Now, since you've been so nice, I think I'll make you your favorite dish for dinner "

Last edited by midatlantic12; 06-03-2012 at 08:36 PM..

Old 06-03-2012, 08:29 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,168,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I would dump her ass in a New York minute. Make that a New York HALF minute.

In all the years I dated prior to marriage, I never expected my BF to pay for one meal, one hotel room or one vacation for me. (And he never did, I paid my own way).

I would be LIVID at your ungrateful GF and kick her whining little cheapskate ass to the curb.

Good riddance. A real woman with any smarts, self-estem or class wouldn't expect you to pay for her vacation, she pays her own way.
Exactly what she said!

Immediately tell her she's not going. Go by yourself and have lots of FUN!!!!

Old 06-03-2012, 08:44 PM

150 posts, read 250,944 times
if she really didn't appreciate what you tried to do, i'd think about inviting some other women and using it as a bon voyage trip to celebrate the the end of your relationship with your gf.

all kidding aside dude, that is really that is a red flag someone you don't want to end up with in an LTR... unless of course she is a super hottie that rocks your socks off, then you put up with that kind of princess/high maintenance behavior until you no longer want to deal with her as your gf.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:08 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,825,184 times
Not much to add. Everything has already been said. She is ungrateful, rude and unappreciative of the invite. I wouldn't dump her so quick but I would definitely tell her how you feel and then act according to how the talk goes and her attitude on the issue.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:16 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
If I were you, i would sit her down and have a conversation about this. Tell her exactly what you think about it, how it makes you feel and where to go from here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships