Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 02:59 PM

146 posts, read 244,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Did you read the story? That was the most misleading title I've ever seen. The title says "Facebook to blame for more divorces". That makes it sound like FB is causing the split. In actuality the article was about how spouses are using FB to investigate what their spouse it up to. It talks about suspicious spouses using FB like they would a private eye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 06:29 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,923,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I find people who do this pathetic attention seekers. I have friends who post picture after picture of themselves on FB...seriously get a life. No self respecting woman should be posting bikini and cleavage pictures all over Facebook, married or not.

nailed it. emphasis on pathetic.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:23 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter1967 View Post
Is it normal for a married women to be posting FB pics of herself like this? Am I being too uptight?

My wife has agreed to curtail the FB pics, but insists that she sees nothing wrong with it.
No, it isn't. At least not in my crowd. Sounds like your wife needs some ego stroking.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:05 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Scooter, I don't know your wife but I already like her. I wanna throw a low-sodium, slow roasted Brazil nut into her cleavage. I'm a little undecided between Brazil or the macadamia nut, but the Brazil nut is bigger.

How do I friend her? She sounds like a really nice person.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:51 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,239,142 times
It's my opinion that when a person dresses like that, they get what they want...attention. YOUR attention.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:14 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
I remember this one from the other bar post. It sounds like you need a wife that does not need any attention or affection at all from you or anyone else OR you need to figure out why you are so insecure and jealous of dang near everything your wife does.

You should probably try and figure out why you feel the need to post these issues on a public forum as well when you should be talking to your wife about the issues within your marriage.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:17 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times
Ask her to put a block on her pictures on facebook, so no one can comment. If she says "no" you'll know she's lying about only wanting them on there for herself and not for the admiration and lude comments of other men to boost her ego.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:56 AM

146 posts, read 244,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I remember this one from the other bar post. It sounds like you need a wife that does not need any attention or affection at all from you or anyone else OR you need to figure out why you are so insecure and jealous of dang near everything your wife does.

You should probably try and figure out why you feel the need to post these issues on a public forum as well when you should be talking to your wife about the issues within your marriage.
My wife has agreed to curtail the FB pics, but insists that she sees nothing wrong with it.

The bolded part is the last sentence in my original post. Why would you say "you should be talking to my wife about the issues within your marriage". Isn't it obvious for her to agree to that, I HAVE been talking to her about it?

I talk to my wife about pretty much everything that bothers me. I think communication is paramount. Sometimes my wife sees my point and agrees with me. Sometimes she agrees to compromise to respect my feelings, but does not agree with them. Sometimes she thinks I'm being unreasonable and refuses to change and tells me I need to deal with it.

The sole reason for posting on city-data is to get other peoples opinions. Oftentimes when my wife and I disagree she implies that I think differently than most people on a certain topic. By coming on here and seeing that others see things similarly, I feel better about whether I'm being rational or not. And sometimes I've read what people have wrote and it's given me a different perspective that I hadn't thought about.

The question I have for you is why do you come on a message forum, and post a message, criticizing people for coming on a message forum and posting messages?

Old 06-07-2012, 07:58 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,239,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter1967 View Post

The bolded part is the last sentence in my original post. Why would you say "you should be talking to my wife about the issues within your marriage". Isn't it obvious for her to agree to that, I HAVE been talking to her about it?

I talk to my wife about pretty much everything that bothers me. I think communication is paramount. Sometimes my wife sees my point and agrees with me. Sometimes she agrees to compromise to respect my feelings, but does not agree with them. Sometimes she thinks I'm being unreasonable and refuses to change and tells me I need to deal with it.

The sole reason for posting on FB is to get other peoples opinions. Oftentimes when my wife and I disagree she implies that I think differently than most people on a certain topic. By coming on here and seeing that others see things similarly, I feel better about whether I'm being rational or not. And sometimes I've read what people have wrote and it's given me a different perspective that I hadn't thought about.

The question I have for you is why do you come on a message forum, and post a message, criticizing people for coming on a message forum and posting messages?
GOOD POINT.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:08 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,035,581 times
From your previous posts, I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, but now with posting cleavage shots and bikini shots on FB, I agree that she's an exhibitionist/attention-seeking/narcissistic. Teenage girls tend do this but not grown, married women.

Does she suffer from low self-esteem that she needs validation from others about how she looks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships