Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 09:04 AM

146 posts, read 244,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I'm glad you're doing something about it if it's really bothering you. On the other hand, look at it this way: when you two go out, and she's dressed really sexy, consider yourself lucky that you have a wife who looks good and makes other guys think of you as a lucky SOB!
I have made efforts to think that way. It's hard for me because in the back of my mind I'm thinking that she's doing it for the attention and not for me. But I get that it's perfectly normal for women to want to look pretty and sexy when they go out. So I know it's my little hangup that I have to work on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 09:15 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter1967 View Post
Did you read the story? That was the most misleading title I've ever seen. The title says "Facebook to blame for more divorces". That makes it sound like FB is causing the split. In actuality the article was about how spouses are using FB to investigate what their spouse it up to. It talks about suspicious spouses using FB like they would a private eye.

My meaning:
One thing leads to another!

Bottom line:
She is begging for attention from other males!! Do you think she is doing it to impress her girlfriends???

That means that if only one male on the prowl takes all of the "hints"/ pics, and sweet talks her to death, she's as good as his/gone/seduced/done.

If you think otherwise, you have your head in the sand or up your...

Old 06-07-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
My meaning: one thing leads to another! She is begging for attention from other males!! That means that if one takes all of the "hints"/ pics, and sweet talks her to death, she's as good as his/gone/seduced/done. If you think otherwise, you have yor head in the sand or up your...
When I'm working out and my body is in good shape I like to wear clothes that show it off a little. I would never post pics on FB because I find that to be really vain. But I enjoy when women notice me. That does not mean that the first one that showed an interest I would be "hers/gone/seduced/done".

You sound like a "glass is half empty" kind of a guy. Do you always assume the worst possible outcome for everything?

Old 06-07-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
When I'm working out and my body is in good shape I like to wear clothes that show it off a little. I would never post pics on FB because I find that to be really vain. But I enjoy when women notice me. That does not mean that the first one that showed an interest I would be "hers/gone/seduced/done".

You sound like a "glass is half empty" kind of a guy. Do you always assume the worst possible outcome for everything?

Not at all.

Unfortunately, I have witnessed this scenario time and time again.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Not at all.

Unfortunately, I have witnessed this scenario time and time again.
Don't get me wrong I have too. But not every situation is the same.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:32 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
Quote:
It would be wrong to ignore the fact she could wander as a possibility.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
It would be wrong to ignore the fact she could wander as a possibility.
I think the fact that I've talked to her about the pics and the attention she seems to seek is proof that I'm not ignoring it. I'm confident at this point it's not about wanting to wander, but more about wanting to hear/see positive comments about her looking good. It's a huge stretch to say that the next thing she'll want is sex.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:43 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
Quote:
I think the fact that I've talked to her about the pics and the attention she seems to seek is proof that I'm not ignoring it. I'm confident at this point it's not about wanting to wander, but more about wanting to hear/see positive comments about her looking good. It's a huge stretch to say that the next thing she'll want is sex.
It's not a stretch when her actions have been a problem in the past for you. She seems to find new outlets once you voice your disapproval of her actions. It seems like she will always find a way to receive attention from men. The progression and finding other routes is what is worrisome.

Just keep your eye on her.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
True.

I would ask for her Facebook password as the true test and trust. If she gives it without a flinch, then you're probably a-okay. If she starts with the, "You don't trust me" bit, you should be really worried. Of course, she could delete all messages before and after. There will always be a mess up, or forget to do it, in the future. It could also keep any temptation away. Another alternative is adding your combined names and pics to the account. That should keep the dirt bags away!

Example: Mr. & Mrs. Scooter <<< followed by her first name & your first name

Old 06-07-2012, 10:25 AM

154 posts, read 155,868 times
If the OP doesn't feel his lady will wander, why even care if she posts pics? Something doesn't sit right with him. Maybe he should listen to that little voice and not consider it "assuming the worst".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships