Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 10:38 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,986,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
2 wrongs don't make a right. Is rudeness just this much a part of all people these days?!
I agree. I wouldn't do that. If the situation was in reverse, no matter how weird he was, I wouldn't want to be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Yes, do this. What a weirdo. While you're at it, rent "American Pyscho."

What reeled you in in the first place? Was it looks? I doubt that, if he was lacking in that department, you would have given him the benefit of the doubt.
I'm just honestly trying to make friends!

It's apparently hard to do when you're a grown up and especially with the opposite sex.

He said he was doing the same. But telling me that and then asking if I wanted to get married just don't add up. I don't know what his intentions are with his mixed words. I'd prefer not to find out and just avoid whatever would come about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 11:09 AM

545 posts, read 908,766 times
He doesn't deserve a call, maybe a text. I have meet many arrogant men in FiDi...
(now I want to go to Cowgirl Seahorse...lol)

Old 06-18-2012, 12:05 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,544,358 times
He must be a new stockbroker. First thing to remember, is that when a stockbroker says he does million dollar deals, is that none of it is his money. I've done million dollar deals too and none of it is my money. At first (say the first 3 months), it sounded impressive, but after a while, it's nothing. As far as people know, I could be doing trades for $100's or $1,000's when I tell them what I do. So, if you want to date a stockbroker, look for one who is confident and doesn't try to impress others with $$$.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:19 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,526 times
What an idiot lmao...

You cancelled it, good. Politely let him know that his current strategy won't likely make his dating stocks rise

Last edited by noela; 06-18-2012 at 01:24 PM..

Old 06-18-2012, 12:46 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
[quote=justthe6ofus;24794365]Call him up and tell him...

"you know, I've thought about it...and I'm really not interested in dating a stockbroker, but thank you for the invite anyway"

What a weirdo. LOL[/quote
Emphasis needs to be placed on "stockbroker" when you actually say this to him. Tell him that you fell for his brokerage's office copy-coffee lackey instead.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:21 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
As Dan Savage (the sex/relationship advice columnist) says, "DTMFA" -- dump the mf already. I can't tolerate arrogance, and clearly this guy is all about him. Imagine what the lunch conversation would be like. He's give you a sneak preview, there's no need to go for the full feature, is there? Back out. Don't worry about seeming rude or awkward or inappropriate about backing out. This guy isn't worth worrying about. Some people are best avoided. Keep him at a distance at work, too, if possible. If he continues to harass you, report it to Human Resources.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 06-18-2012 at 02:06 PM..

Old 06-18-2012, 01:27 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I don't know what his intentions are with his mixed words. I'd prefer not to find out and just avoid whatever would come about.
This is not a normal person. It's not normal to ask personal questions of you, like do you want to get married. People like this are best avoided. ALWAYS go with your gut feeling. If a friend said, "One lunch/conversation/dinner/coffee can't do any harm", RUN! I've made the mistake of listening to well-meaning friends, against my better judgment. Trust me, you don't want to make that mistake.

I just hope he doesn't get resentful at being rejected, and then try to take it out on you at work. Some people are like that. This guy seems to think very highly of himself (whether warranted or not), so resentment and weirdness could happen. Just keep an eye on things. Let us know how the aftermath goes. Take care.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:10 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I agree. I wouldn't do that. If the situation was in reverse, no matter how weird he was, I wouldn't want to be used.

I'm just honestly trying to make friends!

It's apparently hard to do when you're a grown up and especially with the opposite sex.

He said he was doing the same. But telling me that and then asking if I wanted to get married just don't add up. I don't know what his intentions are with his mixed words. I'd prefer not to find out and just avoid whatever would come about.
Honestly if you're nice looking most men don't want to "just be friends".

Old 06-18-2012, 02:12 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:

What reeled you in in the first place? Was it looks? I doubt that, if he was lacking in that department, you would have given him the benefit of the doubt.
Besides the ending, that's a good movie.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:14 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,471 times
Quote:

Hmmm...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships