Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 08:34 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,524,868 times

Advertisements

If we go to a UFC fight, and she is screaming for a guy to get his arm broken or his brains bashed in, she has totally swept me off of my feet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 11:42 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,289,844 times
Had a girl travel from her country to where I was working and surprise me. Study my native language without me knowing and one day suddenly surprise me with a couple of phrases. Go to Central America for vacation and bring a mariachi to play a love song for me. Call me at midnight to surprise me outside with a birthday cake on the hood of her car with candles and all. There are some girls out there who don’t necessarily follow tradition and that has swept me off my feet. I enjoy doing all these things as much as I enjoy receiving them.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:08 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,409,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
I'd say it the other way around. An alpha badass that doesn't care if he gets a date with you or not, then you make him change his mind. YOU were the one for him to start wanting a girlfriend again. Those other broads, he could care less.
As a dater primarily of alpha males, I can say truthfully that yes, they can be swept off their feet. My favorite ex (decidedly alpha former biker) went around the first month we knew each other looking like he'd been clubbed on the back of the head. I was young, and it was pretty empowering. You'd be surprised what a cheap but thoughtful birthday gift and some new experiences (trips to a sculpture garden and an Indian restaurant) can do with an alpha male most people assume to be impervious.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:16 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,747,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yes women who think all men have hearts of stone who don't experience 'real love' or 'real emotion' - go back to the 1950s please, I don't want anything to do with you. Not all of us are content with beer, sex, and sports (although nothing wrong with those!), just not JUST that...

yea because they're sooo good at displaying otherwise. I see most of them very quickly pick up and move on to other women, why some woman's whole life/world has fallen apart.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:27 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,570,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Yea, you're all in surplus on the internet from what I've seen.

Your not looking hard enough then..we're out there.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Your not looking hard enough then..

LMFAO. Whatever you say, as if you would know.

I don't look at all now, FYI. no point.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:35 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,289,844 times
Quote:
yea it's probably based on meeting their sexual needs
If that is how it works you, ok, but many of us look for way more than just a lay.

It takes quite a lot for me to be swept off my feet not just someone who accepts to go out with me and look pretty or someone who offers sex (which I won’t go for anyways).

Old 06-26-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
LMFAO. Whatever you say, as if you would know.

I don't look at all now, FYI. no point.

Sadly you've already made your mind up. Your posts on here speaks volume about what you think about men in general. Even after my last mishap which left me crushed I have hope if nothing else.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Sadly you've already made your mind up. Your posts on here speaks volume about what you think about men in general. Even after my last mishap which left me crushed I have hope if nothing else.

well if the shoe fits as they say. they never did me any favors so I don't plan on doing them any either. *shrugs*

I don't know about your last situation, if it didn't work out, then that's a shame. Frankly I don't have a 'last situation' or a 'first one' -- you do, so I guess you should have hope. Assuming there's reason for someone else to, is putting your own expectations and past successes onto that person and it's inaccurate.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
well if the shoe fits as they say. they never did me any favors so I don't plan on doing them any either. *shrugs*

I don't know about your last situation, if it didn't work out, then that's a shame. Frankly I don't have a 'last situation' or a 'first one' -- you do, so I guess you should have hope. Assuming there's reason for someone else to, is putting your own expectations and past successes onto that person and it's inaccurate.

No one really wants to be alone we all to some extent want to be with someone even if they won't admit it. It sucks putting everything you have into a relationship & your dumped on your butt.. As much as it hurts IF you want it you have to dust yourself off & move on. I even blogged about this past one on here Something I thought I would never do but I had to to see it for what it was. I'm tired of getting hurt I feel like I don't want to try again yet I keep going on. Maybe I'm just insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships