Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2012, 01:16 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
They get older. So do men.

The light complected thing as a means of comparison between African Americans is so, so sad. Spending all that money on BLONDE weaves is even sadder.

The best thing you can do is find other people/things to occupy your mind.
Yeah, no a fan of the black chicks with the blonde hair/weave thing... looks odd. I went into the store one time and the clerk was a black chick with the blonde weave and green contacts in... I saw her and almosted did a double take she was so odd looking..... and by odd... I don't mean it in a good way...

Nyanna... I gotta say... you don't seem like you much of a filter..... you say the things that you really shouldn't say in good company... you follow.... it sorta makes you look bad.. not a being mean... just tryin to help.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:28 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post

LIGHT SKINNED VS DARK SKINNED IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY - YouTube

You need to come out of this frame of mind....

Also, in this picture, I think the darker side of the picture is the more beautiful side. I have no idea how dark you are but look up dark skinned models..... they are beautiful.....
This video sorta surprised me... It's like theres some kind of mini civil war in the black community. I, as a white person don't really differentiate these various skin tones......

If I see a group of black people, I don't get the color swatches out and start comparing.... I think this is some kind of hang over from the slavery days... I think the lighter blacks probably got the house jobs.. instead of being in the fields... maybe the white slave owners felt more comfortable around them.. IDK... eiher way its the new millienium and people need to move on.... this is a black thing cause no white person I know thinks about it....

I grew up around a lot of black people and never gave it much thought... yeah, there was the occasional joke about someone being really dark.. sorta Wesly snipes dark... but it was usually the black guys saying it.... not ol whitey here....

Old 07-07-2012, 01:29 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,279,960 times
As a dark skinned woman, I am saddened by this thread.

I don't consider my skin color a disability. Sure, some men prefer light skinned women. But I have found that men like attractive women, period. I wonder how the OP interacts with people when she is in public. Does she have a pleasant expression on her face? Does she make eye contact? Smile? If she is anything like she is on here...

OP, is it your main goal in life to be ogled? Seriously? Have you tried therapy?

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Old 07-07-2012, 01:29 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I don't think many of us do. I know I don't! But I can't hate everyone else who looks better than me. It just is not a healthy way to live.
by you saying I hate her because she looks better than me is denying colorism. she only gets that type of attention because of her light complexion. they are very colorstruck

Old 07-07-2012, 01:33 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
You should post representational pictures, right click two images of strangers and post them here to give everyone an idea. I would be interested in what you call "light" and what you call "dark" - it's all relative.
I don't think this gal is too light. She would still have the white guys checking her out!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UmGkhaYwi-...ccarajones.jpg

Old 07-07-2012, 01:36 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This video sorta surprised me... It's like theres some kind of mini civil war in the black community. I, as a white person don't really differentiate these various skin tones......

If I see a group of black people, I don't get the color swatches out and start comparing.... I think this is some kind of hang over from the slavery days... I think the lighter blacks probably got the house jobs.. instead of being in the fields... maybe the white slave owners felt more comfortable around them.. IDK... eiher way its the new millienium and people need to move on.... this is a black thing cause no white person I know thinks about it....

I grew up around a lot of black people and never gave it much thought... yeah, there was the occasional joke about someone being really dark.. sorta Wesly snipes dark... but it was usually the black guys saying it.... not ol whitey here....
I hear this excuse used even today about things regarding skin color. its a BS excuse.

anyway, there are whites who notice the difference in skin tones, they tend to alway ask the lightskin blacks if they are mixed. and there was an article stating that lightskin and biracial blacks are socially ahead of darkskin full blacks--they tend to be more accepted--example Obama(who is biracial) elected as the President of United States. I see truth to it

Old 07-07-2012, 01:37 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,678,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
I don't think this gal is too light. She would still have the white guys checking her out!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UmGkhaYwi-...ccarajones.jpg
The OP has no interest in dating white men; she has very clearly stated multiple times that she wants to attract black men. What white guys like isn't the end-all be-all of attractiveness and is quite irrelevant to this thread.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

It is because they were fathered by white men, a product of raping their female slaves. (Except it wasn't called rape, since the women were property.) You have never heard of this before? Never heard the key song from Porgy & Bess, "I Loves Your Porgy"? Routine stuff here...

Old 07-07-2012, 01:40 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
The OP has no interest in dating white men; she has very clearly stated multiple times that she wants to attract black men. What white guys like isn't the end-all be-all of attractiveness and is quite irrelevant to this thread.
You fail to see the point. If a white man ( redneck one at that) would look (ok stare) at that^ what's these other fellas problem? IMO, good riddence then right girls?

Old 07-07-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
You fail to see the point. If a white man ( redneck one at that) would look (ok stare) at that^ what's these other fellas problem? IMO, good riddence then right girls?
Oh I see your point just fine: if white men like someone, all men should like her because in your world white men set all standards of taste and beauty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships