Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2012, 10:04 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Plenty of very attractive dark-skinned black women have no trouble 'securing' their man. Maybe you need to do whatever they're doing.
Sometimes I wish I were born a darkskinned Black guy instead of a woman. I just feel that my status in life really sucks
there are guys who will date a darkskin girl but will trophy or prize light skin women. this is one of the major issues i have with black men..perhaps I am better off being single

Old 07-07-2012, 10:18 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Most men, especially black guys think Alek Wek is very ugly. I do not know any black guy who would want to be seen out in public with a woman who looks like her.
It is true that Alek Wek is not likely to be on most men's "Top 10 Hotties" list. Neither is say, Whoopi Goldberg, but she still manages to find men to date and marry. (Yes, she's rich, but I'm sure she could get men even if she wasn't). I agree with everyone who's saying that it's not important for the majority of men to be attracted to you. Finding just ONE that you also have an interest in should be enough, although I know that can be hard.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:21 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,168,835 times
If you can't stand this woman's existence why do you even have her on fb?

And not all men only care about looks. These men just want to bang her and if she's doesn't have anything going on besides that they will be humping and dumping quickly.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
men don't care about an internal glow. all they care about is if a chick looks hot. that is what catches their eye. they are very simple and superficial

i can't help but have a negative attitude. i want to be lightskin so I can have people affirming my beauty all the time too.

having a nice sweet and caring personality doesn't stop traffic or have every man in the club throwing themselves at you. it just doesn't. there are plenty of women who have conceited and nasty attitudes but since guys think they are hot and pretty they don't care. they get a pass for it

its hard to have a nice attitude when you know your skin tone is a burden. and then you witness family members who get preferential treatment because they are lighter than you.
if you're miserable to be around why would any guy want to be around you?

Old 07-07-2012, 10:23 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
It is true that Alek Wek is not likely to be on most men's "Top 10 Hotties" list. Neither is say, Whoopi Goldberg, but she still manages to find men to date and marry. (Yes, she's rich, but I'm sure she could get men even if she wasn't). I agree with everyone who's saying that it's not important for the majority of men to be attracted to you. Finding just ONE that you also have an interest in should be enough, although I know that can be hard.
Yes, Whoopi still dates and can find a man. But its more than just that somebody like Halle Berry has more social value than Whoopi goldberg. Studies say that those with lighter skin are viewed as more attractive, smarter, friendlier, and happier. And I see this in real life. the most popular women in black social circles are always lightskinned blk women.

Quote:
If you can't stand this woman's existence why do you even have her on fb?
just being nosy. I don't like her and sometimes I visit her page hoping maybe a stream of bad luck will come her way. I want to be there to witness it. I really don't think she's deserving of all the attention she gets

Old 07-07-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
I cannot accept this as truth. I just can't. There's no way I can be content with watching someone else have a prosperous life because they have lightskin and I don't. Her features are nothing spectaculor they don't look better than mine, (I have studied them) the only thing is that she is very light. I know if i can get to her skin tone I can receive the same perks.I feel like I can improve by bleaching and getting cosmetic surgery

You never know when jealousy will strike you. It's very hard to watch someone get affirmation just because of their skin tone while you get looked over.
Post pics of both of you- but it's absolutely pathetic to HATE someone purely bc they get more attention than you do.

And yes you do have to accept it- she gets more attention than you and always will. You just don't have to like it.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:28 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
Yes, Whoopi still dates and can find a man. But its more than just that somebody like Halle Berry has more social value than Whoopi goldberg. Studies say that those with lighter skin are viewed as more attractive, smarter, friendlier, and happier. And I see this in real life. the most popular women in black social circles are always lightskinned blk women.
I really do hope what you say isn't true, although I fear there's an element of truth to it.

But the question is, how are you going to respond to this prejudice?

Old 07-07-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Most men want a partner that is desired by the majority--why do you think guys are always talking about hot women or pursuing them more than other women at clubs/bars? So it makes sense that I want to be one because it will make me a much better catch. Also, I don't feel very sexy or happy if I am not desired by an adequate amount of men. I just need to feel wanted or like I have a purpose and I don't feel that way right now
not being miserable and jealous with help you be desired as well

Old 07-07-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Having just one man who cares about me does not fulfill me enough.

I want more social approval, love and attention from my family and society. She also has people telling her she is pretty(guys are always dropping comments that she is so fine when she posts pics of herself in mini skirts), and smart on FB and I want that too. It makes no sense for a person to get that type of encouragement just on the basis that they are light and considered pretty.
Is she actually smart? B/c its very clear you're not all that bright.

You are right about one thing though, initially how someone looks is what attracts the opposite sex to them. I'm sure you don't want a bunch of ugly out of shape men hitting on you either. However that just gets you in the door. If you have nothing else to offer, especially when you're an angry bitter and jealous the men won't stick around long. They will however be happy to lie to you and use you for a little while.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:

just being nosy. I don't like her and sometimes I visit her page hoping maybe a stream of bad luck will come her way. I want to be there to witness it. I really don't think she's deserving of all the attention she gets
Whoopi Goldberg is fat and ugly it has nothing to do with her skin tone.Halle Berry has a great body. She's also been divorced a bunch of times and been with several men who beat her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships