Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 05:12 PM

2 posts, read 1,209 times

Advertisements

I've been talking to this girl at my school library for the past month. She's always at the same place at the same time. We've been getting along well and she even invited me to lunch, I had an exam so couldn't do it.

The other day, before we went our separate ways, she asked if I had Facebook. I added her and the following morning we were texting about a class she was taking and she went full 100% ghost out of nowhere. I expected her to respond but nothing.

I sent her a message on FB the next day to see if she'd respond. She read my message but never bothered responding. But I realized that there's a photo on my wall of me and a girl (just a friend) side hugging at her birthday party. I don't have a lot on my wall so this would be one of the 1st things people would see.

Could she have assumed that this girl is my girlfriend and decided to ghost me? I can't really think of a reason why she'd just ghost me like that out of nowhere.

If you think this is the reason, can I do anything to solve this problem? I can delete the photo but that would be too obvious.

Thanks

Old 11-21-2017, 05:41 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,322,792 times
Probably. You need to caption it (the photo)with a clear explanation. For instance: "My pal, Linda, and me at so and so..."

I would remove it and then repost with explanation so it catches her eye and feed.

Old 11-21-2017, 05:41 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,355,480 times
If she is ghosting you, it doesn't matter. Just move it on. There is nothing you can do. In many cases, it is not the person that is being ghosted but the one doing the ghosting. It is possible she has met someone else and moved to him.

Old 11-21-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
If she is ghosting you, it doesn't matter. Just move it on. There is nothing you can do. In many cases, it is not the person that is being ghosted but the one doing the ghosting. It is possible she has met someone else and moved to him.
He shouldn't give up that easily. A hunter doesn't stop hunting/ tracking simply because the animal disappeared from view/ scope.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
He shouldn't give up that easily. A hunter doesn't stop hunting/ tracking simply because the animal disappeared from view/ scope.
A few things.

1. She is a human, not some animal (other than human). He is hoping to maybe get to "know" her. Not eat her... (I hope, women don't need to be subjected to cannibals).

2. Life is too short to chase after someone who has made it clear (albeit in a cowardly way) that she doesn't want him in her life. Plenty of fish in the sea.

3. Now I am hungry. I was fasting and you want to bring up hunting. Dang it

4. and since we're on hunting. I don't know if a hunter limits himself to just one target. If the animal disappears from the scope, doesn't he hunt another animal?

Last edited by TJenkins602; 11-21-2017 at 07:21 PM..

Old 11-21-2017, 07:10 PM

1,702 posts, read 2,325,988 times
Leave her alone for a bit. You don't know what happened.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:23 PM

Quote:
A few things.

1. She is a human, not some animal (other than human). He is hoping to maybe get to "know" her. Not eat her... (I hope, women don't need to be subjected to cannibals.

2. Life is too short to chase after someone who has made it clear (albeit in a cowardly way) that she doesn't want him in her life. Plenty of fish in the sea.

3. Now I am hungry. I was fasting and you want to bring up hunting. Dang it

4. and sense we're on hunting. I don't know if a hunter limits himself to just one target. If the animal disappears from the scope, doesn't he hunt another animal?
1)Analogy.
2) True and false.
3) " Eat, Papa, eat! No one likes a skinny Santa!"
4) A good hunter hunts, period. But any hunter worth his salt, if hot on the trail/scent, stays on it. Again, analogy only. Don't overthink or over analyze the analogy. In layman's terms: Dude, if you really like her, then don't give up that easily!

Old 11-21-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
1)Analogy.
2) True and false.
3) " Eat, Papa, eat! No one likes a skinny Santa!"
4) A good hunter hunts, period. But any hunter worth his salt, if hot on the trail/scent, stays on it. Again, analogy only. Don't overthink or over analyze the analogy. In layman's terms: Dude, if you really like her, then don't give up that easily!
1. NSS
2. Agreed...with the true part and mayyyyybe a little on the false part.

3. Don't call me Santa...yet. I need to earn the title. Dad bod is just a fad that's probably not gonna take off.

4. That is if he is hot on the trail/scent. But in the OP's case, the trail has gone cold. I would know. In layman's terms. If you love someone set her free, if she doesn't come back, it wasn't meant to be.

Funny Trivia

There was a sticker on a toolbox in a garage of my old childhood home that says If you love something, set it free, if it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.

P.S. I'm THINKING it's better over than under when getting hit by a vehicle, the survival rate is greater. And you had to bring up salt. How dare you. I'm gettin' me some chips.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
1. NSS
2. Agreed...with the true part and mayyyyybe a little on the false part.

3. Don't call me Santa...yet. I need to earn the title. Dad bod is just a fad that's probably not gonna take off.

4. That is if he is hot on the trail/scent. But in the OP's case, the trail has gone cold. I would know. In layman's terms. If you love someone set her free, if she doesn't come back, it wasn't meant to be.

Funny Trivia

There was a sticker on a toolbox in a garage of my old childhood home that says If you love something, set it free, if it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.

P.S. I'm THINKING it's better over than under when getting hit by a vehicle, the survival rate is greater. And you had to bring up salt. How dare you. I'm gettin' me some chips.

Hilarious!!

Old 11-21-2017, 08:43 PM

639 posts, read 376,977 times
Don't overthink it. She might be ignoring you. She might be playing games. She might just be busy.

There's really no way to know.

Just do your thing and don't worry about things you can't control. Be comfortable with yourself.

A bit of life advise for the kiddos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships