Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 11:28 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I understand your perspective, but have you ever done online dating?
on and off for 4 or 5 years.

Quote:
If I got my feelings hurt everytime someone stopped calling or e-mailing I'd have my feelings hurt a lot.
oh, you must have misunderstood me. taking it personal doesn't mean it hurts my feelings. to me those are not the same.

Quote:
I dated someone for a month and a half and he vanished. Stopped calling, stopped texting, nothing...it was very painful, and definitely not okay with me. But a few e-mails online...I just see that as different. And different than a business relationship because a business relationship is ongoing. Plus sometimes I'm just busy and don't log on or I'm talking to a few people at a time and I have trouble keeping up.
Maybe that's what happened to the guy? He was just busy going out with other girls and kind of forgot?

My point is that rejection is rejection, no matter if you're hitting on someone or dating them.

Quote:
I feel for the OP, but it's best not to take things that happen online personally. We will just have to agree to disagree. I'm not a mean or rude person.
I reckon. I don't think we have the same idea of what it means to take something personally. Not everyone is going to like me as a person, and in general that doesn't hurt my feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 11:40 AM

161 posts, read 395,032 times
Quote:
I totally get what you're saying, but you have to let it go. I've had people stop replying to me online...sure it sucks if you get a good dialogue going and you're excited to meet someone, but really you don't know this person. If you get this invested and disappointed in someone you've never met how are you going to respond when things don't work out with someone you do meet and date for awhile? Like the saying goes there are lots of fish in the sea. Just move on and find people that do respond and follow through on meeting up. Because I think if you message this person with a lecture about not replying you're just going to end up looking really silly.
Oh, sorry I was thinking of in person. I've had experiences with that - only with people I've actually met in person. I haven't actually done online dating yet - which sounds like it's be much easier to be detached...

Old 07-13-2012, 12:11 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddoor54 View Post
Oh, sorry I was thinking of in person. I've had experiences with that - only with people I've actually met in person. I haven't actually done online dating yet - which sounds like it's be much easier to be detached...
I feel like you have to be until you really get to know the person. And even then you still can get ghosted on or screwed over. Dating just sucks!

Old 07-13-2012, 05:41 PM

826 posts, read 1,894,069 times
Quote:
Did you really just make a hash tag on a CD thread? You need to relax. You can't ghost on someone you've never met. They are two totally different things. I disagree with people on this forum frequently and I've never had anyone flip out like you. What is your problem? I said I've stopped replying to people via e-mail on a dating website. I never said I disappeared on someone I'm actually dating in real life. Why do you care so much? I still maintain what you did was wrong. You disappeared on a guy you were dating in real life because you were afraid of the fall out. How is that the same thing as not replying to e-mails on a dating website with a person I've never met?

Flip? No sweetie. This is what they call being called out. I am calling you out because of the inconsistency of your words and the holier than thou attitude you showed in your thread.
Labeling people cowards for ghosting and then admitting to doing the same thing is the definition of hypocrisy. You acted like you never ghosted and you were also very critical of people who have ghosted (myself included), refusing to see that sometimes there could be other reasons. Life is not always black and white and you need to not be so quick to label people when you haven't experienced what they have. I gave you some slack on your thread, but then seeing you turn around and then admit to ghosting, is what's making us have this discussion.

Personally, I never really argue with people on CD, but it is the attitude you displayed and the fact that your words don't match that's making me call you out.

And I don't give 2 figs what you think about my ghosting, especially not from someone who's also an admitted ghoster.

#Annoying people on CD.

(And yes, I am in love with hashtags, And?)

Old 07-13-2012, 06:40 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
I dont ghost, and never have but i know many do, so its their choice. How do you respond to it? SMile, and go find someone else, whats the big deal?

Old 07-14-2012, 02:51 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I understand. But I guess I feel different about this one and might want to take one last shot. I really don't see what I have to lose and maybe an honest message will go a long way. I realize it could come off as desperate or creepy but if she would think that way of me after an honest and friendly message then it doesn't matter at that point. I know I'm not desperate or creepy so it wouldn't bother me. What's the risk?
You would be the runner up..
Online dating is tricky..You can be talking to different people at one time and the one who interests your peak wins..No harm no foul..
She has hidden her profile, if she had not? You can look her up and it will come up as "user deleted their profile"
If not? She is dating but not certain enough to delete her profile..
She knows you were interested in her.
Leave her alone..set your sights on other available women that may share the same.
When and if she becomes available? Let her contact you..You deserve to be first choice for any woman not the second runner up

Old 07-25-2012, 09:04 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
obligatory:

The Fade Away by Garfunkel and Oates - YouTube

Old 07-25-2012, 11:36 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,014,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-25-2012, 11:57 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
Flip? No sweetie. This is what they call being called out. I am calling you out because of the inconsistency of your words and the holier than thou attitude you showed in your thread.
Labeling people cowards for ghosting and then admitting to doing the same thing is the definition of hypocrisy. You acted like you never ghosted and you were also very critical of people who have ghosted (myself included), refusing to see that sometimes there could be other reasons. Life is not always black and white and you need to not be so quick to label people when you haven't experienced what they have. I gave you some slack on your thread, but then seeing you turn around and then admit to ghosting, is what's making us have this discussion.

Personally, I never really argue with people on CD, but it is the attitude you displayed and the fact that your words don't match that's making me call you out.

And I don't give 2 figs what you think about my ghosting, especially not from someone who's also an admitted ghoster.

#Annoying people on CD.

(And yes, I am in love with hashtags, And?)
It isn't ghosting if you've never met in person, therefore I have never ghosted. If you don't care what I think then why do you keep replying? And...hash tags are for Twitter. They have no relevance here.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:13 AM

1,752 posts, read 3,754,623 times
Quote:
It isn't ghosting if you've never met in person, therefore I have never ghosted. If you don't care what I think then why do you keep replying? And...hash tags are for Twitter. They have no relevance here.
I know, I know, an old thread but I am experiencing this! If its not Ghosting if you never met, what is it? You talk and even exchange numbers and then fall off the face of the earth. Rude, at least, I'd say. I've often thought about texting "Hi! I haven't heard from you in a few days. I think something happened!2 If you get this, I want to let you know I gave the police your cell phone number and they're coming to help!"

(As if I could ever imagine someone just going MIA without saying bye or explanation).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships