Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 09:34 AM

254 posts, read 341,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Coincidence?

Not....

You want to be careful you don't get slapped with a sexual harrasment charge. Maybe step away from the work girlies all together....a smart person doesn't chit where they eat.

JMO.
Agreed! You NEVER EVER mix or attempt to try to mix business with pleasure. There are plenty of fish in the sea, who don't actually work at the same place as you. When something goes wrong and say she ends up having issues with the company, she'll expect you to side with her against the company. Trust me, I've seen it happen to a few people. I'm sorry but no lay, is getting in the middle of my paper. Not happening. Or it could be awkward at work if it doesn't work. Either way, the cons outweighs the pros. Smart people generally know this, so if I were you, I'd reconsider. Not being mean, just saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 08:41 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,277,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
1.} The transfer wasn't requested, because that type of information is made available to all employees

2.} Managment would have no reason to transfer her because of me, as our friendly communication has not caused a problem with or interfered with our work at all and is common amongst ALL employees there.

3.} why would I be slapped with a sexual harrasment suit when our interaction has been anything but sexual in nature?

4.} If she were that repulsed by my continued "friendly" advances, why would she bother to contact me on her own accord, without being prompted, and proceed to tell me about the transfer and then b#$ch about it to me?

5.} If this really was a ploy from managment to seperate the two of us, why was it done against the advice and without the approval of all of our department heads?

6.} If she truly has ZERO interest in me at all, why does she still communicate with me when I do see her around the workplace?

7.} Please spare me the pit falls of romance in the workplace, I already know the risks but frankly, I'm young and do not care.

The facts aren't on your side MsAnnThrope, and believe it or not, I do know what I'm doing at least to some degree. I'm not one of those guys who simply can't take a hint. If anything, I give up far too easily. Maybe the facts as I present them to you are misleading, as you guys only know what I'm telling you. I'm there though, and I'm living the situation so maybe that better equips me to get a better read on it.

Quit being such a debbie downer please... What do you have against me?

I don't have anything against you, I just don't believe in coincidence, also, your hugely detailed response indicates to me that I may have hit a nerve.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:10 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,907,734 times
Quote:
I don't have anything against you, I just don't believe in coincidence, also, your hugely detailed response indicates to me that I may have hit a nerve.
No nerve has been hit, it's just that I know for certain the transfer wasn't because she is annoyed with me or that managment sees a problem about to arise, and you seem so sure of yourself in that regard. But I know different. Trust me. I'm not saying she is romantically inclined toward me for certain or not, but I know she isn't trying to get rid of me either.

That said, I appreciate evryones input and advice, whether I like or agree with it or not. Thanks.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:33 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,277,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
No nerve has been hit, it's just that I know for certain the transfer wasn't because she is annoyed with me or that managment sees a problem about to arise, and you seem so sure of yourself in that regard. But I know different. Trust me. I'm not saying she is romantically inclined toward me for certain or not, but I know she isn't trying to get rid of me either.

That said, I appreciate evryones input and advice, whether I like or agree with it or not. Thanks.
OK.

Well, either way...in this day of improved communication technology, why would her changing departments mean you can't date/contact her? It should have exactly zero impact on the situation?

BTW I love how you emphasised my ID, like someone FORCED me to take it and you're adding to the insult...lol...!

Old 07-21-2012, 09:58 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,907,734 times
[quote]
Quote:
OK.

Well, either way...in this day of improved communication technology, why would her changing departments mean you can't date/contact her? It should have exactly zero impact on the situation?
It won't have any impact. See the thread "Part 3: The Stunning And Dramatic Conclusion"....... I will be creating it momentarily.....

Quote:
BTW I love how you emphasised my ID, like someone FORCED me to take it and you're adding to the insult...lol...!
Don't be too flattered, I do this quite often with many posters.... no matter the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships