Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 08:58 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
People are weird, what can you do. Even knowing that, i always try to find something positive about everyone that crosses my path. Why did you dump him btw?
Jim Morrison said it best; people are strange...Besides his increasing attempts to control who I talked to, saw or kept contact with, hitting on my girlfriends was the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm not one to date people in my age group (I'm 50, however look late 30s), but I figured I give him a shot as he had a good job, nice home, car, motorcycle & dog. He sort of swept me off my feet; I started seeing those little red flags but didn't pay too much attention at the time. Maturinty doesn't necessarily come with age was the lesson I learned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I think all dating behavior is curious but why would you care who he dates after you dumped him. If your friends didn't learn from you what he was like it is there problem. I'm curious why you would waste time and brain cells even thinking about this issue let alone posting it.
Because this is a relationship forum...

Old 07-16-2012, 09:10 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Jim Morrison said it best; people are strange...Besides his increasing attempts to control who I talked to, saw or kept contact with, hitting on my girlfriends was the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm not one to date people in my age group (I'm 50, however look late 30s), but I figured I give him a shot as he had a good job, nice home, car, motorcycle & dog. He sort of swept me off my feet; I started seeing those little red flags but didn't pay too much attention at the time. Maturinty doesn't necessarily come with age was the lesson I learned.
Ahhh...the controlling type. shows that he is insecure in so many different ways. I used to get jealous and tried to be controlling in the past, but quickly figured out that it was completely pointless. If someone youre with wants to cheat, they certainly will find a way to, no matter how much you try to control them. Lately, i dont even ask women I date if they are married, have a bf or see any other guys. Its really none of my business. all i can do is be myself when with them, and if they dont appreciate me and dont want me as the only man in their lives, then another woman will. there is no shortage of beautiful, intelligent and great women so whats there to worry about?

Old 07-16-2012, 09:15 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Ahhh...the controlling type. shows that he is insecure in so many different ways. I used to get jealous and tried to be controlling in the past, but quickly figured out that it was completely pointless. If someone youre with wants to cheat, they certainly will find a way to, no matter how much you try to control them. Lately, i dont even ask women I date if they are married, have a bf or see any other guys. Its really none of my business. all i can do is be myself when with them, and if they dont appreciate me and dont want me as the only man in their lives, then another woman will. there is no shortage of beautiful, intelligent and great women so whats there to worry about?
Angry husbands or lovers for a start? Any woman who doesn't disclose that sort of info is a ratbag.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Exactly. I was just curious as I've basically dated younger men in the past after my divorce; none of whom had control or insecurity issues.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:12 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
So after I dumped the man I was dating, I understand that (background: he friended a number of my girlfriends on facebook, a few who I had introduced him to and many more, out of state that made no sense) he's been out & about with the local women. Not my business; kinda funny in a high school way but this man is over 50. Just curious if this behavior is typical in dating today?
My ex hub recently became ENGAGED to my very old school frenemy.

Not so odd...but it is when you consider she lives in another country, they have only even been in the same room twice, both times when I was there.

We have been divorced for 12 years and I found out about the engagement because -

She rang me while drunk to boast about it, and ended by saying "If it's a choice between him or you, you know I will choose you"

Not long after, he emailed me telling me he had to get it off his chest that he still loved me.

CREEPY MUCH?????????????? yep. But they deserve each other.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
OP fix his arse go date his FB friends. Two can play this game.

Or do the nerdy way defriend him. Ha now you ain't my friend.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
OP fix his arse go date his FB friends. Two can play this game.

Or do the nerdy way defriend him. Ha now you ain't my friend.
While we were in the relationship, he showed me how to hide my friends on FB so that only I could see them; I then realized that he had done that & I couldn't see his friends anymore either, only the mutual ones. However, I had realized but not really paid a whole lot of attention to...that most of his friends were women...After I dumped him, he deleted me as a friend as well as my girlfriend who he had made a hard core pass at as well as another friend from work who wasn't going along with his email stalking to her about me. He kept as facebook friends a number of other girls who I"m friends with through other friends...he had a fake facebook page that I didn't even know about that was friends with me so he could keep tabs on me which, once I found out, I unfriended as he was keeping tabs on me that way...ugh!

Old 07-17-2012, 04:59 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,389 times
The guy is just trying to add more chicks to the roster. More chicks on the roster = more dates, more fwb, more female friends that could turn into fwb later on.

I don't see what the problem is.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:56 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Angry husbands or lovers for a start? Any woman who doesn't disclose that sort of info is a ratbag.
Well, then thats who she is -still doesnt effect me. An angry husband or a lover, needs to be angry with her, because she is the one making those choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships