Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 06:23 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,285,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
This seems to be a common occurrence.

But as I already stated, Blazer has a good rep here - there is just no real reason to suspect him of the worst. That's just rude.

Inaccurate. Blazer has made 3073 posts and his rep is 1860 which translates into 0.6 reps per post.

In comparison I have made 1574 posts with a rep of 2228, which translates into 1.42 reps per post - over DOUBLE.

I have a better rep than Blazer (seeing as you brought it up) yet HE'S the one with the "good rep" and I am the "rude" one?

Whatever.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:25 PM

40,990 posts, read 49,352,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I tell my best friend everything, the good and the bad. She loves me and would never DREAM of betraying me to a third party. Her priority is MY happiness, which is as it should be between "best friends".
Guys are different though. As I mentioned above I was in a similar situation back in March. My Alcoholic BF confided in me what he wanted to do and although I've done some stupid things I've learned it doesn't pay to hurt others.

As a guy my Integrity, my trust, my honor is more important than a friendship. I would have contacted the lady and in an appropriate way discussed the situation. I don't need friends like this even if we go back 30-40 years.

I agree that I've joked about having a rich GF (I want 5) but I could never purposely hurt someone.

The old "What goes around, comes around" is oh so true.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Guys are different though. As I mentioned above I was in a similar situation back in March. My Alcoholic BF confided in me what he wanted to do and although I've done some stupid things I've learned it doesn't pay to hurt others.

As a guy my Integrity, my trust, my honor is more important than a friendship. I would have contacted the lady and in an appropriate way discussed the situation. I don't need friends like this even if we go back 30-40 years.

I agree that I've joked about having a rich GF (I want 5) but I could never purposely hurt someone.

The old "What goes around, comes around" is oh so true.

Listen, I do see what you are saying, and if OP had've framed his question differently, I'd be right with you.

I just don't like the fact that he claims to be a best friend, yet is intending to stab his mate in the back, riiiiiiight up to the hilt.

It doesn't sit well with me...but Australians are different when it comes to "mates".

I wish a real Aussie bloke would come on here and back me up, but they're absolutely not the type to be posting on CD!

Old 07-18-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
It doesn't sit well with me...but Australians are different when it comes to "mates".

I wish a real Aussie bloke would come on here and back me up, but they're absolutely not the type to be posting on CD!
Actually I always thought us Texans and Aussies had very similar backgrounds and cultures. I agree we do a lot for our friends through thick & thin but there is a line in the sand. I'd go the end of the earth for a good buddy but he should not be dishonest, a scammer or a crook.

As a man, we should know where to draw the line. JMO

Old 07-18-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Actually I always thought us Texans and Aussies had very similar backgrounds and cultures. I agree we do a lot for our friends through thick & thin but there is a line in the sand. I'd go the end of the earth for a good buddy but he should not be dishonest, a scammer or a crook.

As a man, we should know where to draw the line. JMO
Oooooh a TEXAN!

One of my fantasy dates...

The way y'all talk makes my toes curl........

Old 07-18-2012, 06:43 PM

Also, as far as I can see, OP's mate is guilty of exactly NOTHING so far but trusting and confiding in his "friend".

Innocent till proven guilty etc...

Old 07-18-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Also, as far as I can see, OP's mate is guilty of exactly NOTHING so far but trusting and confiding in his "friend".

Innocent till proven guilty etc...
Absolutely... and he's got to decide what the right thing to do will be. He knows his friend well and how serious he is or if it's just guy BS while sharing a beer. The buddy could just be full of crap and spouting.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Oooooh a TEXAN!

One of my fantasy dates...

The way y'all talk makes my toes curl........
I'm originally from Ft Worth and 6th generation so I can lay the Texan on thick. I could say the same for sexy Aussie ladies.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:54 PM

102,292 posts, read 108,372,129 times
OP, although the right thing to do from a moral standpoint would be to warn the widow, from a practical standpoint, these things tend to backfire horribly. How well do you know this widow? Would it be a cold call out of the blue, or have you met her and have a bit of rapport with her? Finding the right words to initiate the discussion would be important, too.

I agree with everyone else--how can a guy like this be your best friend? I guess he wouldn't be open to therapy, although people do get treatment for sex addiction. (Geraldo being the prime example. I don't know how well the therapy worked, though.)

Old 07-18-2012, 07:21 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,882,125 times
Quote:
Inaccurate. Blazer has made 3073 posts and his rep is 1860 which translates into 0.6 reps per post.

In comparison I have made 1574 posts with a rep of 2228, which translates into 1.42 reps per post - over DOUBLE.

I have a better rep than Blazer (seeing as you brought it up) yet HE'S the one with the "good rep" and I am the "rude" one?

Whatever.
I was not referring to rep points.

I was talking about the overall impression people have about him as person from the way he posts. He is generally considered to be a good, thoughtful poster.

I am not sure why you feel the need to be so aggressive on so many of your posts, but I found yours about Blazer, insinuating that he has some kind of "ulterior motives" to be rude.

I feel certain I am not the only one.

But to quote you, "whatever" - let's move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships