Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 11:21 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,915,096 times

Advertisements

So ok guys, you remember my story about wanting to date the new girl at my work right? And you remember the pathetic depths I was willing to sink to in my desperation right? Blah blah, whatever, I got the number so **** ** haters Haha, anyway, I dont know what to make of this girl at this point. Yes, I was a gentleman about the whole thing and yes, I got the number. Two infact. A cell phone number and a home number. Anyway, I invited her to do something to which she agrred and acted as if she wanted to go. That was where the first conversation ended and I was going to setup the specifocs later on.

When I tried to get a hold of her to do that though..... nothing, no response from her. So, I felt bad about it for awhile and then decided it wasn't worth feeling like crap over and went to work the next day like who cares. I decided then and there she wasn't into me and was left wondering why then, she gave me her number in the first place, especialy since I didn't ask her for her number but gave her mine instead. Since then, we have been getting along fine as co workers. I told her that "it was too bad she couldn't make it" just to see what she would say about the whole thing, and she said that I never texted her, which I did and I told her so. She then told me that "she wasn't that big into cell phones" and she shared one with her roomate, which I found suspicious in this day and age of technology crazed young people.

I did find out through other means that she really didn't have her own phone though, not because I cared at that point but because I don't appreciate being lied to. Anyway, it all checked out. I decided not to pursue her "in that way" and just be friends and co workers. So......... this past friday she invited ME to do something and I agreed and was told to text her later on for the details. I siad ok and I did that very thing. What did I get back in response? NOTHING again.

Now the way I see it, if she really wanted me to do something with her, she would at least try and contact me at this point. We are pretty comfortable with one another and her texting ME would be appropriate.

What should I make of this girl my City-Data gurus? Is she "just not that into me" Is she playing games expecting a chase? what? Even if she wanted to just be friends, I can't imagine her just ignoring my attempts to reach her. And, If she wanted nothing to do at all with me outside of work, I can't imagine she would invite me to do something outside of work. Needless to say, I am very

And on a more general note ladies, if you're not interested, just say so upfront! Please don't play with our affections, It's not very nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 11:49 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,431,716 times
Let it go man, let it go.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:52 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,281,440 times
Why don't you use the phone to call her?

Old 07-15-2012, 11:52 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,950,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
So ok guys, you remember my story about wanting to date the new girl at my work right? And you remember the pathetic depths I was willing to sink to in my desperation right? Blah blah, whatever, I got the number so **** ** haters Haha, anyway, I dont know what to make of this girl at this point. Yes, I was a gentleman about the whole thing and yes, I got the number. Two infact. A cell phone number and a home number. Anyway, I invited her to do something to which she agrred and acted as if she wanted to go. That was where the first conversation ended and I was going to setup the specifocs later on.

When I tried to get a hold of her to do that though..... nothing, no response from her. So, I felt bad about it for awhile and then decided it wasn't worth feeling like crap over and went to work the next day like who cares. I decided then and there she wasn't into me and was left wondering why then, she gave me her number in the first place, especialy since I didn't ask her for her number but gave her mine instead. Since then, we have been getting along fine as co workers. I told her that "it was too bad she couldn't make it" just to see what she would say about the whole thing, and she said that I never texted her, which I did and I told her so. She then told me that "she wasn't that big into cell phones" and she shared one with her roomate, which I found suspicious in this day and age of technology crazed young people.

I did find out through other means that she really didn't have her own phone though, not because I cared at that point but because I don't appreciate being lied to. Anyway, it all checked out. I decided not to pursue her "in that way" and just be friends and co workers. So......... this past friday she invited ME to do something and I agreed and was told to text her later on for the details. I siad ok and I did that very thing. What did I get back in response? NOTHING again.

Now the way I see it, if she really wanted me to do something with her, she would at least try and contact me at this point. We are pretty comfortable with one another and her texting ME would be appropriate.

What should I make of this girl my City-Data gurus? Is she "just not that into me" Is she playing games expecting a chase? what? Even if she wanted to just be friends, I can't imagine her just ignoring my attempts to reach her. And, If she wanted nothing to do at all with me outside of work, I can't imagine she would invite me to do something outside of work. Needless to say, I am very

And on a more general note ladies, if you're not interested, just say so upfront! Please don't play with our affections, It's not very nice.
She's f***ing witcha dude! Forget about her and her game.
You really want to get to her? Stop worrying about it. That kills a "game" faster then hornet spray on The Green Hornet.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:57 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,431,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Why don't you use the phone to call her?
Why would he do that? She has blown him off several times. Why not just tell him to crawl over to her on his hands and knees.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:13 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,208,531 times
Let it go. She's playing with you, whether she realizes it or not.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:16 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,327,972 times

Lucy keeps pulling football away from Charlie Brown

Old 07-16-2012, 02:18 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,281,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
Why would he do that? She has blown him off several times. Why not just tell him to crawl over to her on his hands and knees.
Some women refuse to acknowledge texts as they think if the guy is genuinely interested, he will pick up the phone and call them.

She may also have no credit on her phone, in which case she CAN'T answer texts.

All of this confusion would be settled if he just SPOKE to her.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:30 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,524,237 times
Rude on her part. The "share the phone" sounds phony, too.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:06 AM

58 posts, read 88,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

...Anyway, I invited her to do something to which she agrred and acted as if she wanted to go. That was where the first conversation ended and I was going to setup the specifocs later on.

When I tried to get a hold of her to do that though..... nothing, no response from her.

I did find out through other means that she really didn't have her own phone though...

So......... this past friday she invited ME to do something and I agreed and was told to text her later on for the details. I siad ok and I did that very thing. What did I get back in response? NOTHING again.

Now the way I see it, if she really wanted me to do something with her, she would at least try and contact me at this point. We are pretty comfortable with one another...

Even if she wanted to just be friends, I can't imagine her just ignoring my attempts to reach her. And, If she wanted nothing to do at all with me outside of work, I can't imagine she would invite me to do something outside of work. Needless to say, I am very
she might be dyslexic and waiting for a friend (she shares the phone or cell with) to "read" text to her.

chunk texting and offer voicemail.

Or pick her up after work and do something then. If that falls flat THEN call it a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships