Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How often do you get hit on in public?
Male - at least once a day 8 4.60%
Male - about once a week 12 6.90%
Male - about once a month 14 8.05%
Male - a few times a year 19 10.92%
Male - a few times in my life 18 10.34%
Male - never 27 15.52%
Female - at least once a day 17 9.77%
Female - about once a week 17 9.77%
Female - about once a month 10 5.75%
Female - a few times a year 10 5.75%
Female - a few times in my life 15 8.62%
Female - never 7 4.02%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 10:10 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,839,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Ahhh... You ladies make me smile!
Lol! always glad to create smiles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 10:59 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,960,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
question for super pretty women

do you get free stuff when you're in the drive thru at mcdonald's? also is there ever a time where a man doesn't pay you any mind and dont give you a compliment?
Free stuff at drive-thru? Pretty much never. But free stuff in general? I get it from men and women. At least once a month. Either something free or a random discount. Don't know why. I am pretty average.

As for being hit on in general? Once a month. 70% of the time I am completely oblivious someone is hitting on me. It was way more when I was actually "in public" more for my job. Now I work at home, so there is much less opportunity.

I consider "being hit on" as initiating a conversation, and making as many attempts as possible to prolong it and/or asking for contact info. Or trying for physical contact. I feel like entirely too many people seem to want a hug from me minutes after meeting. Or like what happened to me this weekend, attempt for kissing.

I do not get it. Maybe they want to hug someone with big boobs? Does this happen to the rest of you?

Old 08-12-2012, 11:05 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,219,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Free stuff at drive-thru? Pretty much never. But free stuff in general? I get it from men and women. At least once a month. Either something free or a random discount. Don't know why. I am pretty average.

As for being hit on in general? Once a month. 70% of the time I am completely oblivious someone is hitting on me. It was way more when I was actually "in public" more for my job. Now I work at home, so there is much less opportunity.

I consider "being hit on" as initiating a conversation, and making as many attempts as possible to prolong it and/or asking for contact info. Or trying for physical contact. I feel like entirely too many people seem to want a hug from me minutes after meeting. Or like what happened to me this weekend, attempt for kissing.

I do not get it. Maybe they want to hug someone with big boobs? Does this happen to the rest of you?
I got hugged by a homeless guy once. I was walking down the street in NYC near where I used to work and this guy saw me - stopped - smiled - and spread out his arms really wide! I thought that he must be someone that I knew from work but just didn't remember right away - so I smiled back! Then he hugged me. Then I noticed that he smelled like a homeless guy. Then I realized that he was one. Ooops.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:06 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,031,783 times
Quote:

I'm average, too, and I sometimes get stuff. Friendliness is a factor.

Are you open to hugs? Maybe you give off that body language.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:07 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,128,021 times
Quote:

Jade aren't you biracial or very lightskin? Maybe I am mistaking you for someone else

Old 08-12-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Jade aren't you biracial or very lightskin? Maybe I am mistaking you for someone else
Not at all. I am a dark skinned black woman. Depending on the day, people think I am Nigerian. :P Apparently I look really Igbo.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I'm average, too, and I sometimes get stuff. Friendliness is a factor.

Are you open to hugs? Maybe you give off that body language.
I used to be way more touchy feely when I was younger. I totally cut it down, so many people were like "you are sending mixed signals."

So I have no clue why randoms want hugs within minutes! It must go with the sign on my head that says "tell me your life story while we are in ther grocery store line."

Happened today. I was volunteering, gave a guy my pitch. He introduced himself and said, "can I have a hug?"

I posted here about the other quirky experience this weekend. Do I have weird pheromones?

Last edited by jade408; 08-12-2012 at 11:28 PM.. Reason: fixed link

Old 08-13-2012, 12:53 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,676,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I don't go to McDonald's. But I have gotten free desserts and free drinks at many nice restaurants. How would anyone know someone was hot in a drive through. Don't you just talk to the little box?
Just last night I was at a local bar for a girlfriends going away party (she's moving out of state). There were 5 of us girls and there were a few guys talking to us and one of them asked if we wanted shots. He bought shots, handed them out, but didn't get one for me. It was pretty funny, so I bought myself one and joined the toast. Turns out he didnt want me to think he was 'interested' in me so he bought drinks for my friends but not me. So, I can't even get a free drink when I'm in a group

Old 08-13-2012, 12:59 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,839,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Just last night I was at a local bar for a girlfriends going away party (she's moving out of state). There were 5 of us girls and there were a few guys talking to us and one of them asked if we wanted shots. He bought shots, handed them out, but didn't get one for me. It was pretty funny, so I bought myself one and joined the toast. Turns out he didnt want me to think he was 'interested' in me so he bought drinks for my friends but not me. So, I can't even get a free drink when I'm in a group
That was real ****ty of him and if I were one of your friends I would not have even excepted a drink from him bc of that. I woulda called him out on it too. Talk about bad game. What a jerk. Never heard of anyone ever doing such a thing. Jet where do you live? Some strange men in your town.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:05 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,676,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
That was real ****ty of him and if I were one of your friends I would not have even excepted a drink from him bc of that. I woulda called him out on it too. Talk about bad game. What a jerk. Never heard of anyone ever doing such a thing. Jet where do you live? Some strange men in your town.
Stuff like this happens all the time to me, I'm not sure if I'm coming off as mean (both my guy and girl friends say I'm perfectly nice) or if guys just like to be a jerk to me. He was an out of towner and it's my local 'cheers' bar so I'm not going to make a scene. I've had a lot of men go out of their way to make it known that they're not interested in me and I'm thinking it's because I'm too nice and it might come across as being interested on them. I live on the coast of California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships