Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How often do you get hit on in public?
Male - at least once a day 8 4.60%
Male - about once a week 12 6.90%
Male - about once a month 14 8.05%
Male - a few times a year 19 10.92%
Male - a few times in my life 18 10.34%
Male - never 27 15.52%
Female - at least once a day 17 9.77%
Female - about once a week 17 9.77%
Female - about once a month 10 5.75%
Female - a few times a year 10 5.75%
Female - a few times in my life 15 8.62%
Female - never 7 4.02%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 01:09 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,958,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Just last night I was at a local bar for a girlfriends going away party (she's moving out of state). There were 5 of us girls and there were a few guys talking to us and one of them asked if we wanted shots. He bought shots, handed them out, but didn't get one for me. It was pretty funny, so I bought myself one and joined the toast. Turns out he didnt want me to think he was 'interested' in me so he bought drinks for my friends but not me. So, I can't even get a free drink when I'm in a group
That is just so bizarro!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 01:12 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,839,500 times
Quote:
Stuff like this happens all the time to me, I'm not sure if I'm coming off as mean (both my guy and girl friends say I'm perfectly nice) or if guys just like to be a jerk to me. He was an out of towner and it's my local 'cheers' bar so I'm not going to make a scene. I've had a lot of men go out of their way to make it known that they're not interested in me and I'm thinking it's because I'm too nice and it might come across as being interested on them. I live on the coast of California.
Oh ok. Well that is just rude and ignorant behavior. I don't even understand though. I've seen your profile, you are an attractive girl, quirky yes, but clearly intelligent (I can tell this from reading your posts) and well written. I just don't get it, but maybe there are a lot of arseholes in Cali. I've never been, but that is really tasteless behavior. No class whatsoever.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:38 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,290,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
Like for example: "damn shorty, if I knew you were that fine I woulda put it on the house. What else you want? I can upsize and throw in a dessert ah sumthn. You want a drink?"

Annnnd of course they follow with: "so why ont you let me take you out? I ain't ask about ya man I'm just tryna be your friend. So he don't let you have friends? Ok I can understand that. If you was mine I wouldn't let you have em either. Have a nice day beautiful"

Lol, that's typically how it goes. Oh geeze, funny stuff.
Yep, word for word. LOL

To nyanna, I don't go to drive-thrus much anymore. I will say that I get free stuff from other places. And I'm not light-skinned either.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:30 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,127,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Yep, word for word. LOL

To nyanna, I don't go to drive-thrus much anymore. I will say that I get free stuff from other places. And I'm not light-skinned either.
What kind of free stuff?

Old 08-13-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Yep, word for word. LOL

Nyana, I am light skinned but why does it matter? Am I missing something?

Old 08-13-2012, 07:39 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,711,184 times
Quote:
Nyana, I am light skinned but why does it matter? Am I missing something?
Oh, have you opened up a can of worms...........

Old 08-13-2012, 07:42 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,472,402 times
Quote:
Oh ok. Well that is just rude and ignorant behavior. I don't even understand though. I've seen your profile, you are an attractive girl, quirky yes, but clearly intelligent (I can tell this from reading your posts) and well written. I just don't get it, but maybe there are a lot of arseholes in Cali. I've never been, but that is really tasteless behavior. No class whatsoever.
I lived in Cali for over 30 years and nothing like this happens. Her posts are either a series of half-stories, or make-believe stories. I really couldn't care less, I have her on ignore too.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:36 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,674,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
I lived in Cali for over 30 years and nothing like this happens. Her posts are either a series of half-stories, or make-believe stories. I really couldn't care less, I have her on ignore too.
Ah, so you were the one who left me the rude rep comment . I've lived in California for just about 20 years and I'm not the only person I know who has had experiences like this, I think I just live in a bad community. Considering you care so little (though, I will say I don't even recognize your screen name) thanks for going through the effort of putting me on ignore

Old 08-13-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Oh, have you opened up a can of worms...........
Woooo...ok disregard that question. No time for drama in the am. This thread has been fun thus far. Don't want to be the one to throw it off track. Still clueless to why it matters but some roads are better less traveled

Old 08-13-2012, 08:54 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,732,401 times
Quote:
Ah, so you were the one who left me the rude rep comment . I've lived in California for just about 20 years and I'm not the only person I know who has had experiences like this, I think I just live in a bad community. Considering you care so little (though, I will say I don't even recognize your screen name) thanks for going through the effort of putting me on ignore
Jet, that last story about the guy in the bar buying shots for your friends but not you sounds made up. He just picks you to ignore? It doesnt add up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships