Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 10:36 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,237,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I have see some hideously ugly guys with some smoking hot women. You know the type of situation where you say" how the hell did he get that girl"?
Exactly! I see these uglies with significantly attractive women/girls and they're either cashed up or are lucky..

Hence why I mentioned if I was too good looking lol, because I'm sure that women also have a harder time talking to people they find attractive..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 10:45 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,237,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToLaugh View Post
(looking at your picture)

Nothing wrong there... do you jog or play hand ball? racquet ball?

Very serious vibe which may throw girls off as to what you're looking for...

A way do something stressfree and experience endorphins... can you afford to put an ad in for jogging partners? Or take a tai chi class... (its slower and I'm thinking you need something faster)

I would still try the jogging 1st and look for jogging partners. That way everyone is feeling pretty good afterwards and it's easier to say a couple words (sentences) everyday.
No & No..

I'm 20 not 50, So I don't really think that'll be necessary..

I've had this problem since 2005 or for the past 7 years..

Old 07-21-2012, 10:53 AM

58 posts, read 88,010 times
Jogging? are you serious? YOUNG people jog!

Handball? Man...rofl... Have you ever seen old men playing handball? that's a young man's game... YOUNG teenage girls galore...

Rac is a different CLASS of girls...

I see... well keep doing whatever is working for you

Old 07-21-2012, 11:07 AM

10,177 posts, read 20,800,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiippaKiwi View Post
Nah, you look fine

I like Fonzie style
Aaaeeeyyyy! Pinky is that you?

Old 07-21-2012, 11:19 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,612,330 times
you just look young as hell for your age, maybe thats it. If i were you, id ditch the winnie the pooh motif in your bedroom too, doesnt go well with your youtful look. Chicks dont want to end up in jail for hitting on a 12 year old. Build some confidence and approach chicks, its your job

Old 07-21-2012, 12:08 PM

348 posts, read 550,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Am I ugly or am I too good looking and seem kind of un-approachable..

I have no problems talking to the opposite-sex for the most part, but beyond that nothing happens, like am I supposed to do or say something?

And I always have to initiate the conversation, so you could understand how hard it is for me to have a conversation with a person that I'm interested in..

And at times, girls look at me, then I look back and they look away.. They never smile or anything, so obviously a dead end there..

I just think that it's stupid to talk to some random person you just saw walking past you etc, I'd feel very stupid doing that, so there's always this psychological problem I have that I'm alwalys doing something wrong and I just think too much..

Btw I'm 20yrs old and never had any girlfriends, relations etc etc

Photo of me; though I look darker then usual for some reason..

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...3/08097531.jpg
It's not your looks.

It sounds like you analyze too much instead of going with the flow.

Girls may look at and you and look away and not smile because 1) They are shy 2) They see the serious look on your face and think you don't like them 3) They don't like you.

In other words, yes there are certain female characteristics that indicate interest (mirroring, body language, etc.), but often it's hard to tell.

But as other have suggested, you have to take initiative and risk rejection. A lot of times it takes practice to get your approach right, so don't get discouraged.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:09 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,110,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
From the way you described your interaction with girls, it may be that you are just not taking a conversation to the next level. I would guess that a few girls you've spoken with have waited for you to transition from casual conversation to, "So, would you like to hang out sometime...?" So what if you don't know her.
This is such basic info, and yet, even mature men nearly twice the OP's age can't pull it off. I think everyone's either terrified of rejection (it doesn't have to be such a big deal, especially when dealing with strangers), or they simply haven't thought of this logical step, the segue into "can I get you a coffee?" or "would you like to hang out sometime", or "did you hear about the new film/art show/exhibit at the _____?"

So simple, and yet, so beyond reach for too many people. They should teach this stuff in school, or something.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Exactly! I see these uglies with significantly attractive women/girls and they're either cashed up or are lucky..
We make our own luck. Those guys figured out what they needed to do to meet women. Either they're funny and are great conversationalists, or they joined the right club/hiking club/yoga class, or whatever. If they can do it, you can, too.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:42 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,511,392 times
It's not your looks, though the Fonzie look isn't doing you any favors. You look like you're about to pull The Rock and lay the smackdown on people's candy asses.

Last edited by WakaFlocka; 07-21-2012 at 02:01 PM..

Old 07-21-2012, 01:58 PM

I just saw your photo, OP. Are you in college? It looks like you're living in a child's room. Your room needs a make-over. I can't help but wonder if some of that childlike environment has somehow rubbed off on your demeanor, just a guess.

What would happen if you grew your hair and got a completely different look? Is that how your parents had your hair cut when you were a kid? I'm guessing you need to find your own look, your own vibe, and get involved in activities that interest you. Find a cause or a study topic that you can get excited about. We just had a thread by a woman a couple years older than you who was asking the same thing. At this age, a lot of people are just coming out of their shell and spreading their wings. And it's not unusual, btw, for them not to be able to get dates, that goes for women as well as men.

P.S. See 2 threads: "MEN, here are some helpful tips to meet women", and near bottom of the listings, "I feel like I don't have anything to offer". Lots of good info in both.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 07-21-2012 at 02:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships