Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 02:10 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,021,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I just saw your photo, OP. Are you in college? It looks like you're living in a child's room.
I have to agree. That little bunny sign over your shoulder...at the very least upgrade to a Justin Bieber poster!

Seriously, there is nothing wrong with the way you look, physically. (That's as far as I'm going to go, so take it for what it's worth.) This leads me to believe that my initial belief is probably spot on. You need to find a way to move a conversation from "casual" to "intimate." There is no doubt in my mind that somewhere out there is a perfectly cute girl coming away from a conversation with you thinking, "What's up with this guy?" She was waiting for you to ask her and you never did. I can see her now texting her friends, wondering if there was something wrong with her that you did not ask her out. Or maybe she posted a thread here on CD.

No use fretting about it now, though. Just try asking a girl to join you for a coffee/movie/dinner/walk through the park/paintball excursion/bike ride/etc... There are a lot of great ideas that people have thrown out there. Don't let yourself be boxed in. More importantly, don't let yourself be defeated by a fear of failure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 02:19 PM

52,317 posts, read 52,784,279 times
Need to ditch the pleather jacket.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:54 PM

10,177 posts, read 20,800,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Need to ditch the pleather jacket.
Exactamundo!

Old 07-21-2012, 05:42 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,937,966 times
You're cute, but your vibe is a little on the arrogant side.

Maybe develop your personality and think of other people. Be kind and thoughtful,

Old 07-21-2012, 07:01 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,079,689 times
That picture was taken in your little brother or sister's room right?

Get a jacket that is the proper size and do NOT do the popped collar thing, it screams douchbag.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:10 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,512,778 times
I think you look good and so does your clothes. The key to getting a girl is confidence. If you have that along with your looks and intelligence you should be fine. You are only 20. I know most people in this country loose the virginity at 15 but dont let that discurage you.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:12 PM

1,528 posts, read 4,237,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I just saw your photo, OP. Are you in college? It looks like you're living in a child's room. Your room needs a make-over. I can't help but wonder if some of that childlike environment has somehow rubbed off on your demeanor, just a guess.

What would happen if you grew your hair and got a completely different look? Is that how your parents had your hair cut when you were a kid? I'm guessing you need to find your own look, your own vibe, and get involved in activities that interest you. Find a cause or a study topic that you can get excited about. We just had a thread by a woman a couple years older than you who was asking the same thing. At this age, a lot of people are just coming out of their shell and spreading their wings. And it's not unusual, btw, for them not to be able to get dates, that goes for women as well as men.

P.S. See 2 threads: "MEN, here are some helpful tips to meet women", and near bottom of the listings, "I feel like I don't have anything to offer". Lots of good info in both.
Yeah that's actually my room lol.. But I don't see how my room holds relevance..

Old 07-21-2012, 08:14 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,021,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Yeah that's actually my room lol.. But I don't see how my room holds relevance..
Well at least it looked tidy and clean...

Old 07-21-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
That picture was taken in your little brother or sister's room right?

Get a jacket that is the proper size and do NOT do the popped collar thing, it screams douchbag.
My room.. And I thought the Fonzie look was quite a fashion statement

Old 07-21-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Well at least it looked tidy and clean...
You can thank my mommy for that..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships